Windows 10: Allow option to enable/disable the "sticky corners" mouse pointer feature in Windows 10...

Discus and support Allow option to enable/disable the "sticky corners" mouse pointer feature in Windows 10... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When moving the mouse/pointer over the top edges of the screen with multiple monitors, the pointer motion is interrupted/stuck on the corner. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ARodz305, Nov 15, 2019.

1. ARodz305 Win User

Allow option to enable/disable the "sticky corners" mouse pointer feature in Windows 10...

When moving the mouse/pointer over the top edges of the screen with multiple monitors, the pointer motion is interrupted/stuck on the corner.

This is an intrusive feature non-existent in other OSs or prior versions of Windows. Any intrusive/non-standard functionality should be optional and a setting to enable/disable should exists.

Where is the option/setting to disable this functionality? (There is no option available for this under Mouse Properties or Settings)

(PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION WELL BEFORE REPLYING, DO NOT USE COPY/PASTE SCRIPTS)

:)

ARodz305, Nov 15, 2019
  2. Calignos Win User

Disabling 'Sticky Corners'?

Edited:
    I've done some looking up on what the issue is, and I believe that it's something commonly referred to as "sticky corners". There is a few pixels space on the bottom and top of the screen (between both monitors) which does not allow mouse movement from one screen to the other. To get the mouse to the other screen, I need to drag the mouse down about a centimeter and then it moves across to the equal position on the other screen (not the very top, meaning that it's not a scaling issue). I drag windows around constantly, and they keep getting stuck in the top or bottom of the screen, and it's quite distracting.

Allow option to enable/disable the "sticky corners" mouse pointer feature in Windows 10... [​IMG]

As you see in the screenshot that I've attached, the small red line is where the mouse simply refuses to move across, regardless of the speed of the mouse.

This was apparently a feature in Windows 8.1 as well, which there was a solution for by messing around in the registry editor, however this is no longer the case in Windows 10 (the files which used to be edited are no longer there in 10).

Any suggestions on how to disable these "sticky corners" would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Calignos, Nov 15, 2019
  3. LeeBrown1 Win User
    How to disable sticky corners in Windows 10?

The question was not about the mouse being "Stuck in the corner of the screen", It was,"How to disable sticky corners in Windows 10?"

LeeBrown1, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Allow option to enable/disable the "sticky corners" mouse pointer feature in Windows 10...

How to disable sticky corners in Windows 10

This also bugged me. I've taken a crack at implementing a solution in AutoHotkey which retains all the main "snap" features while allowing you to disable strictly the "sticking" of your mouse that happens in the corners between monitors.

Workaround:

patricknelson/win10-sticky-mouse

1. Install AutoHotkey
    2. Download and run win10-sticky-mouse.ahk from the above repo.

The key here is to watch messages from WM_MOUSEMOVE and use that to predict where the mouse will be going, then hopping over (cross axis to the primary axis of movement) just enough to ensure Windows doesn't [un]helpfully catch your mouse.

If you're still having issues, please try giving this a shot and let me know if that helps. Any issues or pull requests are very welcome!

chunk_split, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Allow option to enable/disable the "sticky corners" mouse pointer feature in Windows 10...

1. Allow option to enable/disable the "sticky corners" mouse pointer feature in Windows 10... - Similar Threads - Allow option enable

2. mouse pointer options.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse pointer options.: The mouse pointer points to 10:30 on a clock. When I hover over an icon, a drop down appears describing what the icon does. I use a large pointer, and it covers the drop down description. Can the pointer be rotated to point to 1:30 on a clock so it does not block the drop...
  3. mouse pointer options.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse pointer options.: The mouse pointer points to 10:30 on a clock. When I hover over an icon, a drop down appears describing what the icon does. I use a large pointer, and it covers the drop down description. Can the pointer be rotated to point to 1:30 on a clock so it does not block the drop...
  4. disable/enable keyboard and keyboard mouse feature?

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable/enable keyboard and keyboard mouse feature?: Hello, I have a Inspiron 7370 with a touch screen and a hinge that allows the computer to open flat. I was wondering if there was a safe way to disable and re-enable the keyboard and keyboard mouse so I can use the screen as a tablet and place a notepad on the keyboard area...
  5. Windows 10 Sticky Corners

Windows 10 Sticky Corners: Problem: When using extended displays, the corners adjacent to an extended monitor have a ~6 pixel wall that will block your cursor from traversing the border. [ATTACH] Placing your cursor in the red areas and trying to cross the border to the adjacent monitor fails. On a...
  6. Disable sticky corners

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable sticky corners: So I've been trying to google around for a solution to the annoying sticky corners I'm experiencing while on a multi-monitor setup. I have turned off window snapping, but there are still a few pixels at the top and bottom of BOTH monitors (so they are not misaligned and they...
  7. Please disable Windows 10 Sticky Corners

Please disable Windows 10 Sticky Corners: When moving between multiple monitors on Windows 10, there's a 6 pixel 'sticky corner' where my mouse gets stuck on the corners of the screen instead of advancing to the next monitor. How can I disable Sticky Corners in Windows 10? I've disconnected my other monitors at...
  8. Ways to Enable or Disable Optional Windows Features on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Ways to Enable or Disable Optional Windows Features on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Windows operating systems come with a lot of features. These features are sometimes are not intended to be used directly by normal customers. This means that only a small percentage of the huge user base of the operating system leverages [...] This post Ways to...
  9. Disabling 'Sticky Corners'?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling 'Sticky Corners'?: Edited: I've done some looking up on what the issue is, and I believe that it's something commonly referred to as "sticky corners". There is a few pixels space on the bottom and top of the screen (between both monitors) which does not allow mouse movement from one screen to...
  10. Enable or Disable Changing Mouse Pointers in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Changing Mouse Pointers in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Changing Mouse Pointers in Windows How to Enable or Disable Changing Mouse Pointers in Windows A mouse pointer or cursor is a graphical image on the PC monitor or other display device. The pointer echoes movements of the pointing device,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sticky corners windows

2. sticky mouse option