Windows 10: Allow or Prevent saving of Remote Desktop Credentials in Windows 11/10

Discus and support Allow or Prevent saving of Remote Desktop Credentials in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]When setting up Remote Desktop on Windows PC, you get the option to save the details, including the password. The RDP file can then be used to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 30, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Allow or Prevent saving of Remote Desktop Credentials in Windows 11/10

Allow or Prevent saving of Remote Desktop Credentials in Windows 11/10 Allow-or-Prevent-saving-of-Remote-Desktop-Credentials-in-Windows.jpg
    When setting up Remote Desktop on Windows PC, you get the option to save the details, including the password. The RDP file can then be used to connect to the destination without filling in the details. However, this feature can be controlled if you have concerns. So if you feel the account has access to […]

This article Allow or Prevent saving of Remote Desktop Credentials in Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Aug 30, 2022
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials

Hi Robert,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• Are you using a Microsoft account to login?
    • Was the user name changed at any point of time?

Meanwhile, you may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open Command prompt as an administrator on your local machine and type:
      gpedit.msc
    • Navigate to the following location:

Local Computer Policy\Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Credentials Delegation
    • Click on ‘Allow Delegating Saved Credentials with NTLM-only Server Authentication’
    • Enable the policy and click on ‘Show’ button in the options window below and enter the value
      ‘TERMSRV/*’ (without quotes) into the list. Apply the changes.
    • Do the same thing for the following policies:

Allow Delegating Saved Credentials

Allow Delegating Default Credentials with NTLM-only Server Authentication

Allow Delegating Default Credentials
    • Make sure that ‘Deny Delegating Saved Credentials’ is not enabled or does not contain ‘TERMSRV/*’ in the list
    • Close all windows, open a command prompt, and use
      ‘gpupdate /force’
      command to apply the policy directly.

Once the update is complete, reboot the machine and see if you can remote login.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 30, 2022
  3. After upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, Remote Desktop is not working

Hi,

I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro, using the tool in the Microsoft website. However, after the upgrade I am unable to use the Remote Desktop app in Windows 10. Everytime, I try to Remote Desktop
    to a server 2003 in the same network, it throws the "Enter your Credentials" dialog box, however, there is no place to enter the credentials or hit the OK button to continue. The server is on the same network and is accessible to other OS in the network and
    the problem just lies with Windows 10 since one of my colleagues also tried with the same result. Please advise.

I have tried the following:

• Allowed the Remote Desktop app in the Firewall to Public, Private and Domain.
    • Edited the Group Policy by using
    gpedit.msc ->Administrative Templates -> System -> Credentials Delegation -> Allow delegating saved credentials with NTLM-only server authentication -> Enabled + Show -> TERMSRV\<computer name>

• Prior to this, I had also saved credentials in the Credential Manager for the particular server I am trying to connect.

MayukhGhosh, Aug 30, 2022
  4. Allow or Prevent saving of Remote Desktop Credentials in Windows 11/10

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Aug 30, 2022
Thema:

Allow or Prevent saving of Remote Desktop Credentials in Windows 11/10

1. Allow or Prevent saving of Remote Desktop Credentials in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - Allow Prevent saving

2. Fix Windows Remote Desktop does not save credentials

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows Remote Desktop does not save credentials: [ATTACH]Windows Remote Desktop is an essential tool for connecting to remote computers. And it is a go-to tool for many users who work over RDP. You need to enter the login details of the remote computer, and you will have full access to it. However, it can be very annoying...
  3. No prompt for credentials for Remote Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No prompt for credentials for Remote Desktop: We have a computer that when ever some one tries to use Remote Desktop it opens a window that lets them know their credentials will be used, but gives no area to input credentials or accept. Simply the option to cancel. I have attached a screenshot. We checked Windows...
  4. Windows Defender Credential Guard does not allow using saved credentials when using remote...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Credential Guard does not allow using saved credentials when using remote...: Hi all, I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 tablet. I completely reinstalled the tablet using the latest available recovery image with Windows 10 Version 1703. I set up a remote desktop connection to my desktop computer and the saved credentials were used so I don't have to...
  5. Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop credentials not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop credentials not working: Hello, I have two PCs on my home network. Let's call them WORK and PERSONAL. I use WORK for, well, work, but I only have limited physical space and one set of keyboard, mouse, and monitors, so I'm constantly unplugging my devices from WORK and then plugging them into...
  6. Allow or Prevent Users and Groups to Log on with Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Prevent Users and Groups to Log on with Remote Desktop: How to: Allow or Prevent Users and Groups to Log on with Remote Desktop How to Allow or Prevent Users and Groups to Log on with Remote Desktop in Windows 10 You can use the Remote Desktop Connection (mstsc.exe) or connect to and control your Windows 10 PC from a remote...
  7. Prevent "save to desktop" in "Save as" box

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevent "save to desktop" in "Save as" box: Hi, How do I prevent staff from saving files to desktop? 96569
  8. Delete Saved Credentials of Remote Desktop Connection in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Saved Credentials of Remote Desktop Connection in Windows: How to: Delete Saved Credentials of Remote Desktop Connection in Windows How to Delete Saved Credentials of a Remote Desktop Connection in Windows [img] Information You can use the Remote Desktop Connection (mstsc.exe) or connect to and control your Windows PC from a...
  9. Allow or Prevent Users to Change or Save a Theme in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Prevent Users to Change or Save a Theme in Windows 10: How to: Allow or Prevent Users to Change or Save a Theme in Windows 10 How to Allow or Prevent Users to Change or Save a Theme in Windows 10 In Windows, you can use themes to help make your desktop feel a little more personal. Themes change the change a theme as often...
  10. Allow or Prevent Changing Desktop Background in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Prevent Changing Desktop Background in Windows 10: How to: Allow or Prevent Changing Desktop Background in Windows 10 How to Allow or Prevent Changing Desktop Background in Windows 10 Your desktop background (also called wallpaper) can be a picture from your personal collection or included with Windows, a solid color,...