Windows 10: Allow or Stop Windows from asking PIN for Projecting to the PC

Discus and support Allow or Stop Windows from asking PIN for Projecting to the PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]When you try to project a screen to your computer, it asks for a PIN for security purposes. However, you can allow or block Windows from asking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 27, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Allow or Stop Windows from asking PIN for Projecting to the PC

Allow or Stop Windows from asking PIN for Projecting to the PC allow-block-windows-asking-pin-projection-pairing-1.png
    When you try to project a screen to your computer, it asks for a PIN for security purposes. However, you can allow or block Windows from asking for PIN when pairing for projection. Whether you are using Windows 11 or Windows 10, you can follow the same methods: Windows Settings, Local Group Policy Editor, and […]

This article Allow or Stop Windows from asking PIN for Projecting to the PC first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Mar 27, 2022

2. Project to this PC Password setting

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

We understand your concern as you are unable to cast your android device to Windows 10 PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the Android version installed on the device?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if you are able to cast the device.

1. Press Windows + I key to open
      Settings
    2. Click on System and then click Projecting to this PC.
    3. Under Some Windows and Android devices can project to this PC when you say it’s OK select the drop down to
      Available everywhere.
    4. Now under Ask to project to this PC select First time only.
    5. Under Require PIN for pairing select Never.
    6. Now under This PC can be discovered for projection only when it’s plugged into a power source toggle the switch to On/Off.
    Once you set these settings follow the steps below.

1. Press Windows + S key together and type
      Connect.
    2. Now open Settings on your Phone and click on
      Connected devices.
    3. Then select Cast and choose the PC
      name
    Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 27, 2022
  3. Jeraldine Ase, Mar 27, 2022
  4. Allow or Stop Windows from asking PIN for Projecting to the PC

Projecting Windows 10 to LG Smart TV not working

Hello Bob,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you connected both the devices to the same network?

Follow the steps mentioned below and let us know if that helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article on
    Fix connections to wireless displays

Method 2:

Try changing the settings for Screen Sharing.

1. Go to Settings > System > Project to this PC.
    2. Change the drop down under ‘Windows PCs and phones can project to this PC when you say it's OK’ to ‘Available anywhere on secure networks’.
    3. Under Ask to project to this PC to First time only.
    4. Uncheck the option Require PIN for pairing.
    5. Restart the PC.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 27, 2022
Thema:

Allow or Stop Windows from asking PIN for Projecting to the PC

1. Allow or Stop Windows from asking PIN for Projecting to the PC - Similar Threads - Allow Stop asking

2. Where is the Pin for "Projecting to this PC"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the Pin for "Projecting to this PC": I finally found a solution to the question, Where is the Pin for "Projecting to this PC" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-pin-for-projecting-to-this-pc/f628f5a4-c973-44bf-90eb-454e57335d78I am posting this as a question because the above...
  3. Where is the Pin for "Projecting to this PC"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the Pin for "Projecting to this PC": I finally found a solution to the question, Where is the Pin for "Projecting to this PC" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-pin-for-projecting-to-this-pc/f628f5a4-c973-44bf-90eb-454e57335d78I am posting this as a question because the above...
  4. How to change 'Project to this pc' pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change 'Project to this pc' pin?: Hi, I've been trying to project to my laptop that has windows 10 latest on it. It has project to this pc option. I've been trying to connect my android device but even after setting ask pin to never, it's asking me for the pin. Is there a way to know what this pin is in my...
  5. How to change 'Project to this pc' pin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change 'Project to this pc' pin?: Hi, I've been trying to project to my laptop that has windows 10 latest on it. It has project to this pc option. I've been trying to connect my android device but even after setting ask pin to never, it's asking me for the pin. Is there a way to know what this pin is in my...
  6. Failed PIN entry not being allowed--asks to reset PIN or use password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Failed PIN entry not being allowed--asks to reset PIN or use password: I'm on Windows 10 version 1903. I have PIN entry enabled. However, I've found that after a recent update (or might have been further back), if I initially make a mistake entering my PIN when coming out of Sleep mode, Windows does not prompt me to retry. Instead I get some...
  7. Stop windows asking for me to make a pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stop windows asking for me to make a pin: Since a recent update, windows has been making me make a pin every time my PC goes to sleep. I do not want to set a pin up a pin, the few times I need my password, I can use my password. The process from removing the pin is simple enough, as is disabling the windows hello. Is...
  8. Stop Windows 10 Asking me to Create a Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stop Windows 10 Asking me to Create a Pin: I have recently re-installed Windows 10. When I installed it I was forced to create a pin. I was able to remove the pin once I'd logged on but now every time I reboot my computer Windows insists that I create a pin for it, claiming "We think you'll like it". I don't like it,...
  9. how to stop PC from asking to enter the password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to stop PC from asking to enter the password?: My PC always requires me to sign in, and enter the password when I turn it on. It irritates me a lot because it is only me who has access to this machine....
  10. Change when to Ask to Project to this PC in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change when to Ask to Project to this PC in Windows 10: How to: Change when to Ask to Project to this PC in Windows 10 How to Change when to Ask to Project to this PC in Windows 10 The Projecting to this PC feature uses the Connect app to allow you to wirelessly project your Windows Phone, another PC, or Android devices to...