Windows 10: Allow PC to turn off device

Discus and support Allow PC to turn off device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good day I am currently having an issue with USB and HID devices on a Del 5289 2 in 1 laptop... When I check the sleep states supported by the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Smuglar, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Smuglar Win User

Allow PC to turn off device

Good day

I am currently having an issue with USB and HID devices on a Del 5289 2 in 1 laptop... When I check the sleep states supported by the laptop it gives me S0 only but Windows 10 has this funny option which is ticked or turned on by default which is: "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power..." This causes devices to sleep and crash when they try to wake up. Primarily the usb hubs and touch screen on the laptop fail and the laptop is practically useless without those. Is there any way to PERMANENTLY disable the option? Either in the registry or some setting... I have disabled the sleep function already... I need something more solid... I also don't know if I should be shouting at Microsoft or Dell for this mishap... I can't spend so much money on a high end product that spends most of its lifetime at a warranty centre.

Thank you

:)

Smuglar, Jun 3, 2019

2. Autoamtically disable "Allow your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices .." popup message

Hi Damian,

To disable to the "allow your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices," you may try the suggested steps below:

• Access Control Panel (icons view), then click Network and Sharing Center.
    • Click Change advanced sharing settings link on the left side of the screen.
    • Expand the Private (current profile) or Guest or Public network profile for the one you want to turn off network discovery.
    • Click (radio button) to Turn off network discovery for what you want to do, and click/tap on Save changes.
    • Under the Private network profile, you can also check (off) Turn on automatic setup of network connected devices to turn off network discovery.
    • Click Save changes.
    • Close the Network and Sharing Center.
    Feel free to post the result for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jun 3, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    'Allow a device to connect' is greyed out

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB Port. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top
      right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check the Bluetooth Settings and check if it helps.

• Open Control Panel by clicking the
      Windows + X,

• In the Control Panel search box, type
      Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.

• In the Bluetooth Settings dialog box, click the
      Options tab and do any of the following:

• To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth enabled devices, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.

• To allow you to add Bluetooth enabled devices to your computer, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.

• To be notified when a Bluetooth enabled device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for
      Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Allow PC to turn off device

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Allow PC to turn off device

1. Allow PC to turn off device - Similar Threads - Allow turn off

2. Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power uncheck permanently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power uncheck permanently: I have a Intel Wireless Gigabit Software Device. Unchecking this helps but it checks itself back on every once in a while for no reason. I want this permanently unchecked. No solutions using Google search. Power Management is on NEVER for everything I can put never on. Any...
  3. Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power uncheck permanently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power uncheck permanently: I have a Intel Wireless Gigabit Software Device. Unchecking this helps but it checks itself back on every once in a while for no reason. I want this permanently unchecked. No solutions using Google search. Power Management is on NEVER for everything I can put never on. Any...
  4. Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power uncheck permanently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. PERMANENTLY DO NOT allow windows to turn off this device to save power

PERMANENTLY DO NOT allow windows to turn off this device to save power: Some but not all, so it's not predictable Windows 10 updates reset the power management options for USBs under the Device Manager to "allow windows to turn off this device to save power."Is there anyway to prevent this?...
  6. USB electricity turns off despite ticking off "allow computer to turn off this device to...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB electricity turns off despite ticking off "allow computer to turn off this device to...: When I turn off the computer, the power in the USB ports also turns off. I tried ticking off the boxes "allow computer to turn off this device to save power" of all my USB hubs via Device Manager, but this doesn't make any difference. It used to work until the last system...
  7. How to disable Bluetooth adapter's "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable Bluetooth adapter's "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save...: My bluetooth keyboard doesn't work properly on my PC by default settings, the connection is very unstable. In Windows 10 1909, I disabled "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in Device Manager - Intel Wireless Bluetooth(R) Properties - "Power Management"...
  8. Unable to Turn off/Restart PC or delete devices

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to Turn off/Restart PC or delete devices: Hello, I am currently running Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18363. I have been having persistent problems with being unable to restart or turn off my PC, as well as being unable to delete devices/device drivers, or uninstall programs that have their own drivers. Here are some...
  9. disable "allow the computer to turn off this device" script

disable "allow the computer to turn off this device" script: I have a bunch of USB storage devices connected to my computer and they always go to sleep until I try to access something on them and then they start up but there is always a pause. I know how to disable this by going into the device manager and manually unchecking "allow...
  10. PC not turning off

in Windows 10 Support
    PC not turning off: i upgraded my Win 10 PC, new MB, CPU, RAM & HDD a while ago but not really used it too much The problem i have is that the PC doesn't shut down and clicking on start > shut down, it just reboots. When i press the on button on the case for 5+ seconds to turn the PC off it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. allow the computer to turn off this device to save power nfc

2. windows 10 allow the computer to turn off this device to save power greyed out

3. allow a device to connect is greyed out

4. Bluetooth Allow Device to connect greyed out