Windows 10: Allow purchase in Microsoft Family Safety

Discus and support Allow purchase in Microsoft Family Safety in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, Please, how do I allow an app purchase from Store on Desktop for my daughter she needs my permission for, when all it does in MS... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Lukas Vtz, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Lukas Vtz Win User

Allow purchase in Microsoft Family Safety

Hello Everyone,

Please, how do I allow an app purchase from Store on Desktop for my daughter she needs my permission for, when all it does in MS Family Safety after clicking "allow" is that the page gets refreshed with the same two options allow/deny?

She wants to install and app from Store, so:

- she clicks "Get"

- she is prompted to ask for approval from a parent

- I receive email informing me about her trying to install it

- Im brought to "Your family"page on MS family account

- I click "allow" and nothing happens other than the same page shows up with the same allow/deny options after a few seconds.

- Later when trying to get the app from store again it says something like "seems your parents DID approve, try checking with them in a moment raw translation from another language" and there is no way to get any further.

On the other hand "Deny" works magically well :

I tried to set "Ask to buy" to off, did not help.

Many thanks for a any hint

:)

Lukas Vtz, Apr 5, 2021

2. Microsoft family safety not working--at all.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconveniece caused to you. Let me help you.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Which web browser are you using?
    • Are the settings on the Family Safety options on your computer are the same with the one on
      http://familysafety.live.com?

I suggest you to login with your parental account and check if you are able to manage the family settings.

If the issue still persist, it might appears that the Child account is not configure correctly. I suggest you to remove the Family Safety and configure it again.

How do I remove Family Safety?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/family-safety-remove-uninstall-faq

Now, setup Family Safety.

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

After creating the child account, you can then go to the Family Safety website, login using the parent account and then manage your child's restrictions and monitoring options.

Refer the following Microsoft help article.

Filter inappropriate apps and games

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    New Microsoft Family Safety Preview app for Android and iOS

Source: Microsoft Family Safety: Protect Your Family - Office Insider Blog

Brink, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Allow purchase in Microsoft Family Safety

microsoft family safety

I use Microsoft family Safety with web browsing by "allow only" websites. In the past month that is no longer effetive. My children can visit sites that are not on the allow only list.

moved from: Internet Explorer / Internet Explorer 10 / Other/Unknown

ElizabethEnders, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

Allow purchase in Microsoft Family Safety

1. Allow purchase in Microsoft Family Safety - Similar Threads - Allow purchase Microsoft

2. microsoft family safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft family safety: o microsoft family safety vai até que idade ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-safety/31a74d97-19af-4024-9036-015666aeeba0
  3. Microsoft Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety: I recently sent my Lenovo laptop to the repair center to have its screen fixed. When I received the laptop, it seems that it was factory reset during the repair process. I signed into my outlook account and set the device up. However, when trying to download and open...
  4. Family Safety and allowing uninstalls

Family Safety and allowing uninstalls: Hi all, I have MS Family Safety with several devices connected. For the most part it works well. However, a family member minor is unable to perform uninstalls if required, and asks for my administrator password. This could be an issue if he's at school. If there any way to...
  5. Family Safety and allowing uninstalls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety and allowing uninstalls: Hi all, I have MS Family Safety with several devices connected. For the most part it works well. However, a family member minor is unable to perform uninstalls if required, and asks for my administrator password. This could be an issue if he's at school. If there any way to...
  6. Microsoft Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety: Anyone have a Idea To Leave My Member?If You Know,? So Answer Right Now Or Think And Answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-safety/e7b5b14e-ee31-4ca2-8bbd-b192031081f7
  7. Microsoft Family Safety

Microsoft Family Safety: Anyone have a Idea To Leave My Member?If You Know,? So Answer Right Now Or Think And Answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-safety/e7b5b14e-ee31-4ca2-8bbd-b192031081f7
  8. Microsoft Family Safety

Microsoft Family Safety: Hello, I just purchased a new laptop; it's been eight years since I upgraded. So, I am new to the Microsoft Family safety option included on my new laptop.Folowing setup, I spent a good portion of yesterday evening trying to uninstall this feature. I ended up inviting myself...
  9. Microsoft Family safety

Microsoft Family safety: Hello My child family safety account time send request is blocked by third party parental control program, which web address do i need to add to the white list to unblock the request? Thank in advance!...
  10. Microsoft Family Safety

Microsoft Family Safety: The time stamp for my daughter's web browsing history is off by 8 hours in the family safety app or website. I have checked the settings > edit your info and the country is correct for both of our laptops. Also, I have checked both laptops' clock location settings and are...