Windows 10: Allow readers access to folder

Discus and support Allow readers access to folder in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to put files in a folder on my OneDrive and make the folder public Then I will put a link in a book I am about to publish I put a copy of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bernard Liengme, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Allow readers access to folder

I want to put files in a folder on my OneDrive and make the folder public

Then I will put a link in a book I am about to publish

I put a copy of the book on a thumb drive and had my wife try to open the folder; it asked her for credentials!

Is there a way to do what I wish to do?

Thanks for any help you can give.

:)

Bernard Liengme, Feb 16, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. card reader

Hi Sam,

To isolate this concern, have you tried adding the card reader to folder as the source file in Photo app? If no, please add it by following the steps below:

• Open Photo app.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Add a folder under Sources.
    • Choose the card reader folder.
    • Click Add this folder to Pictures.

Once done, please check if you can now access the card reader photos.

Keep us posted.

Charianne Per, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Allow readers access to folder

Accessing the Reader app

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the Reader app in Windows 10. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Let us know if you have tried to uninstall and re-install the Reader app on your device?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2: I suggest you to uninstall the reader app, download it from Windows Store, re-install it on Windows 10 and check if the issue persists.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the app:

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on System, Apps & features from the left pane of
      Settings window.
    • Click the Reader app and Uninstall it.

Go to Windows Store, log-in with Microsoft account, search for the Reader app
    install it and check if the issue sill persists.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post if you are still facing issues with accessing the PDF files, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Allow readers access to folder

1. Allow readers access to folder - Similar Threads - Allow readers access

2. Not allowed access to some folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not allowed access to some folders: Hello, I am the administrator for my network and have created most of the folders in my computers, today, I wanted to open a document folder and was told, I did "not have permission to access the folder". It is a Documents Folder that was evidently moved into the Windows...
  3. Not allowed access to some folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not allowed access to some folders: Hello, I am the administrator for my network and have created most of the folders in my computers, today, I wanted to open a document folder and was told, I did "not have permission to access the folder". It is a Documents Folder that was evidently moved into the Windows...
  4. Not allowed access to some folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to Deny or Allow access to Downloads folder on this device

in Windows 10 News
    How to Deny or Allow access to Downloads folder on this device: [ATTACH]Windows 10 Privacy Settings offer File System settings, which makes sure that unless allowed, Apps will not be able to access the File System, and […] This article How to Deny or Allow access to Downloads folder on this device first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  6. no access allowed after update to folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no access allowed after update to folders: no access allowed after update to folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-access-allowed-after-update-to-folders/9c9442b8-c53f-4b6f-a8bb-2eca30ce1c01
  7. $Windows.~BT Folder not allowing access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    $Windows.~BT Folder not allowing access: So I am sure a lot of people on this subreddit have heard of this folder or problem, or at least I hope so. My issue is that I only have my account on this pc, and I am the admin of this PC, however when I go to delete this folder which is located on my D: drive, which is a...
  8. Allowing Apps. through Controlled folder access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allowing Apps. through Controlled folder access: I have a list of 14 ".exe" files under the subject heading; there seems to be no way of deleting them or allowing them; the "+ Add an allowed app button" just results in opening up what appear to be I have a list of 16 ".exe" files under Allowing Apps. through Controlled...
  9. Controlled Folder Access keeps blocking allowed app

Controlled Folder Access keeps blocking allowed app: I have gone through the repeated tedium of adding, one at a time, .exe files to the list of programs allowed through Win10's Controlled Folder Access. This typically works fine. I usually have to restart the app in question, and occasionally seem to have to reboot, but...
  10. Allow an app through Controled folder access

Allow an app through Controled folder access: Hello I am not sure what this image attached to this question is asking I.e I have no idea what app is being referr[ATTACH]ed to! I am not even sure what the 'Control folder' refers to! I was going to look it up like usual before posting but I have many things open...