Windows 10: Allow remote control of my Player

Discus and support Allow remote control of my Player in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Tick won't stay [img] where to begin? Like to smash this Reason: I can hoike a HDMI cable from my Nvidia Card into the back of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by smileye, Feb 3, 2016.

1. smileye Win User

Allow remote control of my Player

Tick won't stay

Allow remote control of my Player [​IMG]

where to begin?

Like to smash this
    Reason:

I can hoike a HDMI cable from my Nvidia Card
    into the back of my Viera Panasonic TV

However I am unable to play
    a stored movie on my HDD via ethernet
    despite there being a MAC and IP address .

Not good

Windows 10

can it be done

From my L32G20 manual

• AVCHD and DivX files are not supported by DLNA, but can be played by Media Player

Lets do it

or we handover to Plex, Serviio, or e.g DivX Player
    where I can only play Mpeg2 -- which sux as files are massive

:)

smileye, Feb 3, 2016

2. In home streaming to homegroup?

Hi Stephen,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 . I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will help you with this.

Windows 10 machines sharing a media library is remote control. With this option enabled, you can play songs to other devices on the network.

Enable remote control by clicking 'Stream' and choosing 'Allow remote control of my Player'.

Follow the steps.

1. Open the windows media player.

2. Try to click on stream drop down button.

3. Click on 'Allow remote control of my Player'.

Now, to play a song to another device, simply add it to your playlist and click the
    'Play to' button in the top-right. This will show a drop-down menu with the names of all the networked Windows 10 machines. Choose which one you'd like to play to and it'll bring up the
    'Play to' dialogue.

In the 'Play to' window, you'll be given control over the remote device. You can play or pause songs, skip to the next song on the
    Play to list and even adjust the volume.

I hope this helps.

Let us know the status of the issue so that I can assist you better.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Feb 3, 2016
  3. jezston Win User
    Nokia N82 - headphone adaptor with remote

Hi, I'm looking at buying a N82 when my contract runs out in ... gasp ... two days!

However, I have one issue. It comes with a pair of headphones with a built in remote, but you can't remove the headphones and use the remote with a third party set of headphones.

Is there a device that will enable me to do this? I understand the N95 comes with such a device, but I found the nokia UK online shop seems to be very limited and wouldn't tell me anything.

To clarify, I would like to get a device that connects to my N82 with a remote control to control the media player (start stop tracks etc), and then a standard third party pair of headphones can then be plugged into this to allow me to have remote control AND
    third party headphones. The reason I want this is so that I can operate the media player without having to take the phone out of my pocket and go through menus etc.

jezston, Feb 3, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

I'm a little confused. Where are the movies stored that you want to play and what are you trying to play them with?

My setup is:

Movies are stored on a Network Attached Storage (NAS) hard drive. All that does is just share the folders and files on my network.
    My computer actually plays the movies using the Kodi media player. It plays the movies on my HDTV via an HDMI cable.
    My HDTV is not a smart tv, it is not connected to my network in any way, it just gets the video/audio from the computer.
    Kodi has Ethernet remote control capability built in so I usually use an Android app on my phone (Yatse) to control the Kodi program running on my computer. My Android phone connects to my network via WiFi.

Not sure exactly what setup you are trying to make work, but maybe using Kodi on the computer might be your answer:
    Kodi | Open Source Home Theatre Software

NavyLCDR, Feb 3, 2016
  5. smileye Win User
    Hi, thanks for having a go

Movies are on my HDD,
    using windows media player
    ( used to work in win 7 as a media server )

a good example is this video:

now you can't save that tick as per OP

this where it all goes belly-up
    my HDTV is smart-ish (* viera ) and is connected via ethernet

Kodi is a fine product, but not a media server as such *Cool

smileye, Feb 3, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    UPnP/Server - Kodi

Although it is UPnP media server and not DLNA.

NavyLCDR, Feb 3, 2016
  7. smileye Win User
    ooh that's quite interesting, will have a closer look then ..
    its all about connecting to a found DEVICE that can be recognised
    then configured.. .. thanks

smileye, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Allow remote control of my Player - Similar Threads - Allow remote control

2. Remote control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote control: Hello guys,I would like to know how can i connect remote and i would also take advantage of what windows do i have and what programs do you recomment. Thank you very muchI also would like to know what is betterApple.comGoodle.comMicrosoftWord.Thank you very much and looking...
  3. Remote control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote control: Hello guys,I would like to know how can i connect remote and i would also take advantage of what windows do i have and what programs do you recomment. Thank you very muchI also would like to know what is betterApple.comGoodle.comMicrosoftWord.Thank you very much and looking...
  4. remote control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remote control: how can I change administrator on my laptop and stop remote access to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-control/d542e390-733b-4389-835b-cb802adb532a
  5. remote control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remote control: how can I change administrator on my laptop and stop remote access to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-control/d542e390-733b-4389-835b-cb802adb532a
  6. Scammers Remote Controlling My Computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scammers Remote Controlling My Computer: So, earlier some person I know ended falling in a scam and gave other people access to him computer remotely. I tried to find the app they were using to do this, but they always closed the the tabs and were trying even to stop me from turning the computer off. Because of that...
  7. remote dvd player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    remote dvd player: How do I start a dvd in an Asus remote dvd player on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-dvd-player/227ffd5b-60a7-47b9-a1ea-fd2449f27707
  8. Remote control

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote control: I need some help with remote control desktop. I have Win 10 Pro. I am trying to various family members with their pc's, which are Win 10 Home. If they download the Remote Desktop app from the windows store, will i then be able to sign onto their computers? Thanks. pmh...
  9. Remote Control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote Control: My daughter lives some miles from me and is even less computer savvy than myself. It would be handy if I could sometimes have remote control of her laptop to assist her, in the manner that assistance has been given to me in the past by Microsoft. Her laptop O/S is Windows 10...
  10. How to allow remote access to my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to allow remote access to my computer: I tried to allow remote access to my computer but when I opened the remoe tab on the advnced setup only the upper part shown. see the photo. no radio button to choose is shown. How to solve that? 93868

Users found this page by searching for:

1. allow remote control of my player

2. allow control of my windows media player

3. Windows Media Player allow remote control