Windows 10: Allow specific programs Through UAC with no prompt

Discus and support Allow specific programs Through UAC with no prompt in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to allow a user to use their external hard drive unlocking security software (western digital "WD Drive Unlock.exe") when they plug... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NEKHELP, Aug 16, 2018.

1. NEKHELP Win User

Allow specific programs Through UAC with no prompt

Hello,

I am trying to allow a user to use their external hard drive unlocking security software (western digital "WD Drive Unlock.exe") when they plug in their external drive and not be prompted by the windows UAC. I tried changing it to "Not notify" and it still prompts them when they try to launch the program.

How can I allow them to run this program with no prompt. It worked before on windows 10 but I am not the one who set up the system then. This is a new PC.

Thanks

:)

NEKHELP, Aug 16, 2018
  2. DT0001 Win User

Disabling UAC or allowing with no UAC prompt for a specific group of users for a specific program?

Using Windows Server 2008, we have many users on workstations that need the Mcafee scan run but it's prompting for UAC.

Is there a way to set a policy or a method to allow an automatic elevation of rights/disable UAC for a specific group of users even if they are not admin status?

DT0001, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Disabling UAC Approval for Specific Programs In Windows 10

I have programs that execute when I log into Windows 10 after start-up. Each one generates a UAC warning, which is annoying. Is there anyway to identify these specific programs to Windows 10 as being trusted and allowed to execute without the UAC dialog?

Thank you.

Mike Kaufman

Kaufman Michael J, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Allow specific programs Through UAC with no prompt

UAC not allowing software activation

Once again the so called support engineer did not even read the entire thread before posting yet another solution that did not do any good.

However, I was able to solve my situation without your help after all. My original question was how do I turn off UAC. the method suggested in this thread only turns the notifications for UAC off not the UAC itself. In order to turn off UAC completely,
    I went into the registry and turned it off there. After doing this, everything installed perfectly.

Here is a link to read about turning off UAC:

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-turn-off-and-disable-uac-in-windows-10/

DISCLAMER: Making edits to the registry is EXTREMELY dangerous and could cause damage to your computer. Consult a trained professional with any questions.

DuckJammerCCC, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Allow specific programs Through UAC with no prompt

1. Allow specific programs Through UAC with no prompt - Similar Threads - Allow specific programs

2. Why UAC has not been modified to allow specific programs to run without UAC warnings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why UAC has not been modified to allow specific programs to run without UAC warnings?: Why in all the years it has been out that UAC has not been modified to allow specific programs to run without UAC warnings? For certain programs i use such as Directory Opus, these warnings become VERY annoying and have resulted in my simply setting UAC to not warn at all....
  3. Why UAC has not been modified to allow specific programs to run without UAC warnings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why UAC has not been modified to allow specific programs to run without UAC warnings?: Why in all the years it has been out that UAC has not been modified to allow specific programs to run without UAC warnings? For certain programs i use such as Directory Opus, these warnings become VERY annoying and have resulted in my simply setting UAC to not warn at all....
  4. Windows RDP won't allow confirmation of UAC prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows RDP won't allow confirmation of UAC prompt: When I am connected via rdp to another computer and when trying to perform any admin task this is the prompt I am getting. no "ok" no password nothing. just a "no"locally the machine prompts just fineI am unable to figure out how to reproduce this behavior on a vm.OS Name...
  5. UAC Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  6. UAC Prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  7. command to Turn off UAC prompts on specific Apps

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    command to Turn off UAC prompts on specific Apps: I have tested an application called Louts note version 5 on my Win 10 V 1909 and it is working fine except one small annoying issue. There is a file nupdate.exe is pop up from time to time. Is there a CMD or PowerShell command to turn off UAC or to disable this nupdate.exe...
  8. command to Turn off UAC prompts on specific Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    command to Turn off UAC prompts on specific Apps: I have tested an application called Louts note version 5 on my Win 10 V 1909 and it is working fine except one small annoying issue. There is a file nupdate.exe is pop up from time to time. Is there a CMD or PowerShell command to turn off UAC or to disable this nupdate.exe...
  9. Is there a way to disable UAC for a specific program?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable UAC for a specific program?: So I have programs that I use often, but they trigger UAC notifications. Without disabling UAC entirely, is there a way to not have the UAC notification pop up for that program? submitted by /u/Goodperson5656 [link] [comments]...
  10. UAC Prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC Prompt: I am having difficulty accessing a website or PowerPoint document due to an issue with the UAC prompt. When the prompt comes up, I manually enter the username and password. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Fakep@ssword1 The UAC prompt goes away for a split...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. allow vcredit through uac

2. allow program throuigh uac

3. how to allow exe programs through uac

4. allow a program through uac,
  5. uac specifc program not prompt,
  6. allow programs through uac,
  7. allowing programs through uac,
  8. uac not allowing bit defender online