Windows 10: Allow to make changes to device when not an admin user

Discus and support Allow to make changes to device when not an admin user in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I'm using a Windows 11 laptop and need guidance on how to grant elevation privileges to a non-admin account. Specifically, I want this user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Matthew Edelman, Dec 2, 2023.

1. Allow to make changes to device when not an admin user

Hello, I'm using a Windows 11 laptop and need guidance on how to grant elevation privileges to a non-admin account. Specifically, I want this user account to have the ability to perform certain tasks typically reserved for admin accounts, without granting it full admin rights. Could you please provide detailed steps or recommendations on how to configure these elevated privileges securely? When installing applications, i want a standard user to be allowed to make changes on the device the pop up screen.Thank you

:)

Matthew Edelman, Dec 2, 2023

2. Standard user allow to change time

Hello,

I suggest you to change the account type from Standard to Administrator and check if it works.

Here are the steps:

Login to your Admin account.

In search type User Account and hit enter.

Click on Manage another account.

Select your Standard user account and click on change the account type.

From this page select Administrator and click on Change account type.

After doing this switch user from Admin account to Standard user account and try to change the date and time.

Hope this works.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 2, 2023
  3. Arun B J Win User
    'Allow a device to connect' is greyed out

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB Port. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top
      right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check the Bluetooth Settings and check if it helps.

• Open Control Panel by clicking the
      Windows + X,

• In the Control Panel search box, type
      Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.

• In the Bluetooth Settings dialog box, click the
      Options tab and do any of the following:

• To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth enabled devices, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.

• To allow you to add Bluetooth enabled devices to your computer, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.

• To be notified when a Bluetooth enabled device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for
      Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 2, 2023
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Allow to make changes to device when not an admin user

User Account Control: Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?

Hi Josh,

User Account Control helps prevent malware from damaging a computer. It also allows all users to log on to their computers using a standard user account. To isolate your issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried booting up your computer in Safe Mode?
    • Do you have an antivirus application installed?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you change your User Account Control Settings in Control Panel to modify the Settings. Kindly follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click User Accounts icon.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • This will open the C:\Windows\System32\UserAccountControlSettings.exe file.
    • If prompted by User Account Control, click Yes.
    • Move the slider up or down to the setting for how you want to be notified by User Account Control, and click OK.
    • If prompted by UAC, click Yes.
    • When finished, you can close User Accounts.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 2, 2023
Thema:

Allow to make changes to device when not an admin user

1. Allow to make changes to device when not an admin user - Similar Threads - Allow changes device

2. taskmgr triggering UAC prompt "to allow this app to make changes" to non-admin users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskmgr triggering UAC prompt "to allow this app to make changes" to non-admin users: After I reinstalled my WIndows 10 UAC is prompting non admin users whenever they start taskmgr.exe via right clicking the taskbar or ctrl-alt-del or start menu. This happens despite Smart Screen / Application Guard on or off.On the other hand, if they start taskmgr from a...
  3. taskmgr triggering UAC prompt "to allow this app to make changes" to non-admin users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskmgr triggering UAC prompt "to allow this app to make changes" to non-admin users: After I reinstalled my WIndows 10 UAC is prompting non admin users whenever they start taskmgr.exe via right clicking the taskbar or ctrl-alt-del or start menu. This happens despite Smart Screen / Application Guard on or off.On the other hand, if they start taskmgr from a...
  4. taskmgr triggering UAC prompt "to allow this app to make changes" to non-admin users

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Allow to make changes to device when not an admin user

Allow to make changes to device when not an admin user: Hello, I'm using a Windows 11 laptop and need guidance on how to grant elevation privileges to a non-admin account. Specifically, I want this user account to have the ability to perform certain tasks typically reserved for admin accounts, without granting it full admin...
  6. "allow this app to make changes to your device" not wokring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "allow this app to make changes to your device" not wokring: whenever i download something new and open it, i get that message and click yes, but when i click yes nothing happens. the message tab disappears and the app doesn't open. can anyone help?...
  7. "allow this app to make changes to your device" not wokring

"allow this app to make changes to your device" not wokring: whenever i download something new and open it, i get that message and click yes, but when i click yes nothing happens. the message tab disappears and the app doesn't open. can anyone help?...
  8. "allow this app to make changes to your device" not wokring

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Allow app to make changes to your device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allow app to make changes to your device: You know that popup you get when opening an exe file that asks if you want to allow the app to change files (I think it's done to prevent viruses so when you click you know it could change the files), but why some other exe files (like a certain unity game) will not ask that...
  10. User control account Do you want to allow this to make changes to your device

User control account Do you want to allow this to make changes to your device: My Window 10 version 1800 (OS Build 17763.195} Last week it was updated. After update installation appeared to be very good. But, I felt a very disturbing problem I clicked on CCleaner. It did not open. I tried to uninstall through control panel. A window appeared “...