Windows 10: Allowed Threats list

Discus and support Allowed Threats list in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The allowed threats list shows a bunch of allowed trojan threats. I want to remove them from the list. I press "Don't allow", the UAC prompts, it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MasterBorealis, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Allowed Threats list

The allowed threats list shows a bunch of allowed trojan threats.

I want to remove them from the list.

I press "Don't allow", the UAC prompts, it immediately disappears from the list, but if I re open the list, the next instant, they are all there again.

Do you have any advice?

:)

MasterBorealis, Apr 9, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat

Windows defender has started to identify C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe as a threat [normally reported as a Trojan Powessere.G]. I use mshta.exe to run an hta custom MsgBox - I have been hoping to keep using my current CustomMsgBox tool [batch file calling a vbs-hta file] until later this year when I hope to have had enough time to replace it with a PowerShell alternative.

Windows defender's notification lets me "allow the threat" but that seems to me to be a bigger security hole than is necessary - it will now ignore a potentially real intrusion when all I want to run is a genuine Windows component. My immediate problem is fixed but I would prefer to fix the false positive using the exclusions list.

I cleared the 'Allowed threats history' so I could use the exclusions list instead. I added C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe to the file exclusions list and I checked that it had taken properly by checking the exclusions list both in the UI & in the Registry. But the exclusion made no difference, it continued to detect and block the exe.

I have repeated the attempt several times [by clearing the allowed threats list & exclusions list beforehand] and the results are the same every time
    - allowing the threat works,
    - using the exclusions list has no effect.

I studied the relevant tutorial but have not spotted an error in what I have been doing - Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions

Does anybody with experience of using the exclusions list to counter false positives have any suggestions for me?

Denis

Try3, Apr 9, 2021
  3. gagagaON Win User
    Is restoring a quarantined threat the same as allowing the threat?

Thanks XP. My exclusion list is empty, and the only options on my threat history are "allow" and "clear history" (please see my screen shot above). How do I tell if I have whitelisted the threat please? Thanks.

gagagaON, Apr 9, 2021
  4. gagagaON Win User

Allowed Threats list

Is restoring a quarantined threat the same as allowing the threat?

My Windows defender scan reported a threat last week. I quarantined it. After a few days, I updated my defender virus definitions, restored the threat, and ran another scan (because I wanted to find out if it was a false positive). This new scan did not
    report any threat.

However, under defender's threat history, allowed items, I see this threat listed. I do NOT want to allow the threat, just wanted to find out if the latest definitions would still reported the file as a threat. How should I do that? Thank you. I am using
    windows 10.

gagagaON, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Allowed Threats list

1. Allowed Threats list - Similar Threads - Allowed Threats list

2. Allowed threats don't show up in Allowed Threats section.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allowed threats don't show up in Allowed Threats section.: I've been having an issue where allowed threats don't show up in the Allowed Threats section. I am unable to disallow any threats that I've allowed.How can I fix this? I've been searching online for this issue to no avail.Any help would be greatly appreciated! Just to...
  3. Allowed threats don't show up in Allowed Threats section.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allowed threats don't show up in Allowed Threats section.: I've been having an issue where allowed threats don't show up in the Allowed Threats section. I am unable to disallow any threats that I've allowed.How can I fix this? I've been searching online for this issue to no avail.Any help would be greatly appreciated! Just to...
  4. Allowed threats don't show up in Allowed Threats section.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Virus & Threat Protection Allowed threats

Virus & Threat Protection Allowed threats: Hello and good day to everyone.I have a problem regarding my allowed threats. I been removing it multiple times "Don't allow" to the threats but it keep coming back. I already did a full scan with multiple anti viruses and the computer is clean of it. But the problem is that...
  6. How to check Allowed Threats

How to check Allowed Threats: Hi All,I've recently discovered a threat on my PC and in an attempt - I saw my notifications and just pressed the "fix" button where the scan now button was originally. It was a Script/Oneeva.a!ml. Unfortunately, IDK if I either removed it or allowed it as there is nothing in...
  7. Allowed threats problem

Allowed threats problem: Hello, I need help with Windows Security. Windows Security has some allowed threats that I have not allowed and cannot remove from the allowed threats it keeps coming back every time I remove it. What do I do?...
  8. Virus & Threat Protection Allowed threats

Virus & Threat Protection Allowed threats: Hello and good day to everyone. I have a problem regarding my allowed threats. I been removing it multiple times "Don't allow" to the threats but it keep coming back. I already did a full scan with multiple anti viruses and the computer is clean of it. But the problem is...
  9. Accidentally allowed threat

Accidentally allowed threat: accidentally clicked Allow when trying to deal with a threat on my Windows Security menu, and I cannot find a way to undo this action. I have tried going to my protection history, but it appears to not provide me with any options, it simply reports "This threat or app has...
  10. Is restoring a quarantined threat the same as allowing the threat?

Is restoring a quarantined threat the same as allowing the threat?: My Windows defender scan reported a threat last week. I quarantined it. After a few days, I updated my defender virus definitions, restored the threat, and ran another scan (because I wanted to find out if it was a false positive). This new scan did not report any threat....