Windows 10: Allowing a child some administrative abilities in family safety

Discus and support Allowing a child some administrative abilities in family safety in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all,I recently set up Windows 11 for my son using family safety. It's nice because I am able to monitor his activity and lock the computer at times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Thomas Lucca1, Mar 16, 2023.

1. Allowing a child some administrative abilities in family safety

Hi all,I recently set up Windows 11 for my son using family safety. It's nice because I am able to monitor his activity and lock the computer at times but he uses a music program called FL Studios and he on occasion needs to download certain things which require administrative abilities. If I keep him as a standard user he can't do this. But if I give him administrative access I can't monitor anything or lock the computer. Is there a way to allow him to download things and remain as a standard user? If I make him an administrator I can't do anything with family safety. Thanks in advance!

:)

Thomas Lucca1, Mar 16, 2023

2. Family Safety - add device to child profile

Since this is the case and you have ensured the settings are correctly setup in family Safety, we suggest that you sign in using your main account and remove you child's account from Family Safety list. (Refer to the image below for reference.)

Allowing a child some administrative abilities in family safety 7618e897-2574-4517-80ca-0ef18325dda6.png

After completing the steps, attempt to use the email address of your child to login to the computer and see if the same error message still shows up. If the error no longer shows up, we suggest that you attempt to add the account back then to Family safety.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Mar 16, 2023
  3. Windows 10 Family safety - child can disable all feature, why?

Hi,

There may be a sync issue with the restrictions that has been applied to the child account. To isolate your concern regarding Family Safety, we recommend that you follow these steps:

• Remove the Child account on the Family Safety website.
    • Change the passwords of your account.
    • Add the Child account again.
    • Add the restrictions to the Child account again.

Keep us updated with the results if your child will still be able to turn off the Family Safety feature after performing the steps above.

Kristoffer Abs, Mar 16, 2023
  4. Allowing a child some administrative abilities in family safety

Family Safety Web Filtering for Children

I am having some problems getting the Family Safety settings setup correctly on Windows 10. Previously I had my kids setup in Family Safety with Windows 8.1 local machine accounts that only allowed them to view sites that I added to the Allowed List,
    and blocked all others automatically. Upon upgrading to Windows 10, I had to create them child Microsoft accounts and sign them into Windows 10 with them to enable Family Safety. This worked, and both machines are now running Family Safety. The problem
    is, I no longer have the ability to allow them to only view sites on the Allowed List. On the web console I have the ability to block adult content, and I do have Allow and Block lists, but I have no way to only allow only sites on the Allowed List. According
    to the Microsoft Family Safety Article found here (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/set-child-limits), there should be the option "Only see websites on the allowed list." in the web console, but I do not see that particular option.
    Has anyone else run into this, or am I missing something? Thanks!

DarthRamblous, Mar 16, 2023
Thema:

Allowing a child some administrative abilities in family safety

1. Allowing a child some administrative abilities in family safety - Similar Threads - Allowing child administrative

2. Family Safety Child is not an Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Child is not an Administrator: I have entered a child's account in Family Safety. The account on the PC is a standard user! But when I click on the child in the Familiy Safety admin console, I get the message: "Child is set as administrator to PCNAME, therefore certain Family Safety features will not...
  3. Family Safety Child is not an Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety Child is not an Administrator: I have entered a child's account in Family Safety. The account on the PC is a standard user! But when I click on the child in the Familiy Safety admin console, I get the message: "Child is set as administrator to PCNAME, therefore certain Family Safety features will not...
  4. Family Safety won't allow child to login to Windows

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety won't allow child to login to Windows: As soon as our son tries and unlock the computer with his MS password the following message appears:Time is up! This device is blocked because of your family settings for screen time.Now we have the following options:"my parent is here" or "send request"If we use option one a...
  5. Family Safety won't allow child to login to Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety won't allow child to login to Windows: As soon as our son tries and unlock the computer with his MS password the following message appears:Time is up! This device is blocked because of your family settings for screen time.Now we have the following options:"my parent is here" or "send request"If we use option one a...
  6. Family Safety won't allow child to login to Windows

7. Allowing a child some administrative abilities in family safety

Allowing a child some administrative abilities in family safety: Hi all,I recently set up Windows 11 for my son using family safety. It's nice because I am able to monitor his activity and lock the computer at times but he uses a music program called FL Studios and he on occasion needs to download certain things which require...
  8. remove a child in family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove a child in family safety: I can't remove my child from the family safety in Microsoft.The e-mailadress from my child is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** e-mailadres is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** am not aloud to remove Evian, I do not understand why.Can you help me?Greets,...
  9. remove a child in family safety

remove a child in family safety: I can't remove my child from the family safety in Microsoft.The e-mailadress from my child is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** e-mailadres is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** am not aloud to remove Evian, I do not understand why.Can you help me?Greets,...
  10. Family Safety and allowing uninstalls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety and allowing uninstalls: Hi all, I have MS Family Safety with several devices connected. For the most part it works well. However, a family member minor is unable to perform uninstalls if required, and asks for my administrator password. This could be an issue if he's at school. If there any way to...