Windows 10: allowing camera to be accessed by apps

Discus and support allowing camera to be accessed by apps in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I cannot click on the "change" box to allow a camera to be used. it's greyed out and unclickable. i cannot remember if there was an option when... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jerryjavier, Aug 1, 2020.

1. allowing camera to be accessed by apps

I cannot click on the "change" box to allow a camera to be used. it's greyed out and unclickable. i cannot remember if there was an option when installing windows to not allow camera access. if there was one, i most likely clicked no. anyone got a fix for this??? allowing camera to be accessed by apps d873d333-9bb9-485c-ba2f-bc5762eb1303?upload=true.jpg

:)

jerryjavier, Aug 1, 2020

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Aug 1, 2020
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Skype for Business' access to camera

Scroll down. Those are only Store apps listed. Other apps are listed below. First you turn access on, and then you have the list off other apps

Here is mine

allowing camera to be accessed by apps [​IMG]

Edit: and maybe some other program is using your camera at the time... only one can use it (at the time)

AndreTen, Aug 1, 2020
  4. tommyruud Win User

allowing camera to be accessed by apps

Skype for Business' access to camera

Thanks, it worked!

For anyone else having the same problem:
    When activating the aforementioned setting you should restart Skype for Business completely. Mine Skype for Business still did not get listed in the lower list, but the camera is now activated.

tommyruud, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

allowing camera to be accessed by apps

1. allowing camera to be accessed by apps - Similar Threads - allowing camera accessed

2. Cannot allow zoom access to camera/mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot allow zoom access to camera/mic.: Cannot allow zoom access to camera/mic.Opened Windows Settings --> Privacy to grant access...granted all apps access. Zoom not listed as an app, but gave access to all apps....
  3. Cannot allow zoom access to camera/mic.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot allow zoom access to camera/mic.: Cannot allow zoom access to camera/mic.Opened Windows Settings --> Privacy to grant access...granted all apps access. Zoom not listed as an app, but gave access to all apps....
  4. Cannot allow zoom access to camera/mic.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows Camera app not allowing zoom out

Windows Camera app not allowing zoom out: Windows Camera is not showing me any option to zoom in or out. This shouldn't be the case as this link seems to show that there should be an option to zoom in and out: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-use-camera-app-windows-10-your-webcam/Can you help me fix this issue,...
  6. Allow app Internet access.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allow app Internet access.: Hello! I've been having a problem with a game, I can't access its online features, but it's not the game's problem, it's probably my network. I am wondering how to find out where the game is "trying to connect to", and whitelist it on my router. (I don't even know if it's an...
  7. Camera not working, in spite of allowing the app access.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not working, in spite of allowing the app access.: Camera not working, in spite of allowing the app access. Getting this screen every time. Camera driver and Windows itself is updated to latest versions. Problem persists in third-party apps that use camera. Restarting device didn't help. Windows "Get Help" apparently reset...
  8. Is there a way to only allow specific desktop apps to access your camera or microphone?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to only allow specific desktop apps to access your camera or microphone?: I found how to disable webcam and mic but I have to disable it for all apps if I want to turn it off Is there a way to only allow specific apps access? I just want one app to be able to access my webcam and mic but not the others...
  9. Windows 10 not allowing Google Chrome to access the camera

Windows 10 not allowing Google Chrome to access the camera: Hi, I've read a bunch of support topics and questions+answers, and none of them are yet to help. I have a brand new Asus ZenBook UX running Win 10 pro. I have downloaded Google Chrome as my preferred web browser, and have given Chrome permission through the web browser. I...
  10. Allow or Deny OS and Apps Access to Camera in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Deny OS and Apps Access to Camera in Windows 10: How to: Allow or Deny OS and Apps Access to Camera in Windows 10 How to Allow or Deny OS and Apps Access to Camera in Windows 10 In Windows 10, having a camera as part of your device or system lets you make Skype video calls, take pictures, etc. Many apps and services...