Windows 10: allowing hidden folders to be seen within user folder messed up c drive

Discus and support allowing hidden folders to be seen within user folder messed up c drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 OS. This is a discord AND a Windows 10 issue both! 1. Navigated to user folder. 2. Right clicked to allow hidden folders to be seen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Allergic_Vegeterian, Jun 18, 2020.

1. allowing hidden folders to be seen within user folder messed up c drive

Windows 10 OS. This is a discord AND a Windows 10 issue both!

1. Navigated to user folder.

2. Right clicked to allow hidden folders to be seen.

3. Wanted to find AppData folder so that I could manually delete Discord, but instead "lost data". See below.

4. Desktop lost all folders.

5. Drive C shows Users/public but does not have the other folder anymore.

6. Drive D does have the other folder but not sure if it has the hidden folders. I don't dare tick the "hidden items" box. However, some folders I thought should be hidden are not hidden and that box is not ticked. I see WindowsApps folder and Program Files folder. Both are 0 bytes, and have been originally. The WpSytem folder does have folders and files in it. I do not know how many it is supposed to have.

7. All this started because I wanted to update Discord! And then because the log file said it had issues in installing in March, I couldn't uninstall it! And can't install it!

8. NOTE: On my desktop, my shortcuts to folders are HIDDEN!!! I just found this out when I tried to put a short cut on my desktop to a folder.

Thanks!

:)

Allergic_Vegeterian, Jun 18, 2020
  2. WojtasRed Win User

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Nicrite Win User
    Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Jun 18, 2020
  4. allowing hidden folders to be seen within user folder messed up c drive

How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin allowing hidden folders to be seen within user folder messed up c drive :D

PVTCaboose1337, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

allowing hidden folders to be seen within user folder messed up c drive

1. allowing hidden folders to be seen within user folder messed up c drive - Similar Threads - allowing hidden folders

2. The same folders are seen in hidden folders with the folders "Hidden" box unchecked in view...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The same folders are seen in hidden folders with the folders "Hidden" box unchecked in view...: The folders in file explorer Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures are saved to my desktop in a folder called Shortcuts. The properties in the General tab of each folder have the "hidden" box unchecked however in the "View" tab when I enable the hidden box the same folders...
  3. The same folders are seen in hidden folders with the folders "Hidden" box unchecked in view...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The same folders are seen in hidden folders with the folders "Hidden" box unchecked in view...: The folders in file explorer Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures are saved to my desktop in a folder called Shortcuts. The properties in the General tab of each folder have the "hidden" box unchecked however in the "View" tab when I enable the hidden box the same folders...
  4. User folders within "C:\Users" has hidden and visible ones. How to check if they are legitimate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User folders within "C:\Users" has hidden and visible ones. How to check if they are legitimate: visible folders: defaultuser0, bobboyI opened it, Public, mobboyI opened it.,invisible folders: "All users", "default", "default user" My first question:Why do I have defaultuser0 in visible section. My second questions:Why do I have the rest of them.My third question:Do any...
  5. User folders within "C:\Users" has hidden and visible ones. How to check if they are legitimate

User folders within "C:\Users" has hidden and visible ones. How to check if they are legitimate: visible folders: defaultuser0, bobboyI opened it, Public, mobboyI opened it.,invisible folders: "All users", "default", "default user" My first question:Why do I have defaultuser0 in visible section. My second questions:Why do I have the rest of them.My third question:Do any...
  6. $ Hidden folders in Users folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    $ Hidden folders in Users folder: Hi, I have encountered these hidden folders in my Users folder. Can someone please explain what are these? Other computers in domain doesn't seem to have these....
  7. $ Hidden folders in Users folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    $ Hidden folders in Users folder: Hi, I have encountered these hidden folders in my Users folder. Can someone please explain what are these? Other computers in domain doesn't seem to have these....
  8. $ Hidden folders in Users folder

9. allowing hidden folders viewable in user account made all folders not viewable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    allowing hidden folders viewable in user account made all folders not viewable: Windows 10 OS. This is a discord and a Windows 10 issue both! I think I initially installed Discord wrong when I fat fingered which is the reason behind my issue. 1. Navigated to user folder. 2. Right clicked to allow hidden folders to be seen. 3. Wanted to find AppData...
  10. Users Folder Somehow in C:\.... Not seen in C:\Windows..Two Usernames

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Users Folder Somehow in C:\.... Not seen in C:\Windows..Two Usernames: Ok, I'm so confused I don't know if I will make sense, but I will try. Windows update hosed my networking. So while I was trying to fix it, I noticed something really strange. My Users folder is in my C drive, my root drive. What? So my administrator, default,...