Windows 10: Allowing other users to download things on different accounts

Discus and support Allowing other users to download things on different accounts in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have my own account and I want to download things from my user but every time I'm trying to download something it always asks permission from another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LePotato, Apr 9, 2021.

1. LePotato Win User

Allowing other users to download things on different accounts

I have my own account and I want to download things from my user but every time I'm trying to download something it always asks permission from another account user and I don't know their password so I can't download things that I need.

Is there any way I can remove this and allow myself to make my own downloads without having someone else permission?

Thanks

:)

LePotato, Apr 9, 2021
  2. jwblue Win User

Creating a user account that does not allow downloads

My mother downloaded a virus to her computer. I want to prevent this from happening again so I want to create a user account that does not allow downloading of anything.

From what I read, a Standard account will not allow any type of downloading or installation.

However I was able to download and install Windows Essentials while logged into her account. Why is this?

Someone suggested the following. Would this work?

Where do I access Security Policy?

jwblue, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Facebook Allows Users to Delete Accounts

Yes, for quite some time, once you had a Facebook account, it wasn't going anywhere. Now, fortunately for college students and people with no attention span everywhere, Facebook now allows said people to delete their Facebook accounts. This was in direct response to user complaints about not being able to delete their accounts, if desired. Even if users were able to delete their own accounts, there were no obvious directions on how to do that. Another reason that Facebook decided to allow users to delete their accounts was a reason that could have gotten Facebook sued if they did not address it: privacy. The "I didn't actually make a Facebook" E-mails were really racking up in Facebook's inbox, and Facebook sometimes made it all too easy for people to research intimate/private/personal details of users' lives. At this point, deleting your account is just a help-page away. Facebook admins are considering adding a "delete account" button.

Source: The Inquirer

zekrahminator, Apr 9, 2021
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Allowing other users to download things on different accounts - Similar Threads - Allowing users download

2. How to allow works user accounts to add or change things?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to allow works user accounts to add or change things?: We have a number of business machines all set up and managed with windows pro set up for a business. This means, whilst the admin can access everything, users are too restricted. As all machines and users are remote this means more admin than is necessary.For example, how do...
  3. How to allow works user accounts to add or change things?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to allow works user accounts to add or change things?: We have a number of business machines all set up and managed with windows pro set up for a business. This means, whilst the admin can access everything, users are too restricted. As all machines and users are remote this means more admin than is necessary.For example, how do...
  4. How to allow works user accounts to add or change things?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to allow access to other Microsoft accounts users to my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to allow access to other Microsoft accounts users to my computer?: I’m giving my old computer to someone else and it has windows 8.1 on it still. The only way for her to log in is to give her my password as my account is the only one on the computer and it has administrator rights. It is also the same password to my Hotmail email account...
  6. I NEED A HERO - User Account NOT allowing download that ADMIN Account will

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I NEED A HERO - User Account NOT allowing download that ADMIN Account will: Please Lord let this work! I have been trying for days now to figure out how to download a file onto a user account that will download onto the Admin account just fine. It downloaded when I first tried but wouldn't work due to a "not enough RAM error". Trying to fix that...
  7. Allow Regular User to install software, but not access my other account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allow Regular User to install software, but not access my other account: We're gonna lend this pc out to a bunch of friends so they can "try out gaming", so we don't want them to access our private files on our actual account. Thinking back to Win98ish days I just made a new user account, made it Regular, and then try to set permissions so he can...
  8. Download speed different for other windows accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Download speed different for other windows accounts: Having issues with download and upload speeds on the second windows account added to out new pc. The first account added downloads quite quick while doing anything on the internet with other accounts is much slower. Is there any reason why this might be or a setting that...
  9. Creating a user account that does not allow downloads

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creating a user account that does not allow downloads: My mother downloaded a virus to her computer. I want to prevent this from happening again so I want to create a user account that does not allow downloading of anything. From what I read, a Standard account will not allow any type of downloading or installation. However...
  10. User accounts and users are different

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User accounts and users are different: Hi I have two accounts on my laptop: Bryan as admin and James as my local account which I use for my daily workings. All my work is save to a different partition on the hard drive. I now notice that if I go to C:\users, I have my admin account but there are two other...