Windows 10: Allowing Programs access to modify files,

Discus and support Allowing Programs access to modify files, in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Okay, so it turns out somethings a little screwed up with my computer... programs cannot write, or modify files, I'm just seeing this so far with a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FlailoftheLord, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Allowing Programs access to modify files,

Okay, so it turns out somethings a little screwed up with my computer... programs cannot write, or modify files, I'm just seeing this so far with a couple of games, and Eclipse, but when i try and save a file ive been editing, or change some settings, it gives me an error: "Access Denied" It doesn't have access to modify its own files...???

Eclipse can create new files, but it cant seem to be able to modify current ones, one of the games can't launch, because of: "No access to read settings file"

wtf...?

I'm owner of all the files on the C: drive, (taken Ownership) i've tried running them as Administrator... nothing changes, I tried asking this same question before, though i thought it was something else previously... turns out i've found out the root of the problem... now i just need to know how to fix it...

I've tried resetting my computer too... doesn't do anything, the permissions problem is still persistent after the Repair Upgrade that somebody said would fix it.

Can somebody please help me? i can't believe that im the first person to have this problem.

thankss

-- Flail

:)

FlailoftheLord, Nov 5, 2018

2. Allowing Programs access to modify files,

Okay, so it turns out somethings a little screwed up with my computer... programs cannot write, or modify files, I'm just seeing this so far with a couple of games, and Eclipse, but when i try and save a file ive been editing, or change
    some settings, it gives me an error: "Access Denied" It doesn't have access to modify its own files...???

Eclipse can create new files, but it cant seem to be able to modify current ones, one of the games can't launch, because of: "No access to read settings file"

wtf...?

I'm owner of all the files on the C: drive, (taken Ownership) i've tried running them as Administrator... nothing changes, I tried asking this same question before, though i thought it was something else previously... turns out i've found out the root of
    the problem... now i just need to know how to fix it...

I've tried resetting my computer too... doesn't do anything, the permissions problem is still persistent after the
    Repair Upgrade that somebody said would fix it.

Can somebody please help me? i can't believe that im the first person to have this problem.

thankss

-- Flail

FlailoftheLord, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Keifer22 Win User
    Controlled Folder Access is not letting me save any files I work on since this last critical update. Defender will also not allow me to install any programs.

Tried to save word docs and also JPGs in photoshop after the update today and the computer will not save them stating the files were not found. Some warnings suggested going to Controlled Folder Access and allowing those programs to save modified files.
    I did that and Defender will still not allow any files to be modified or saved.

Keifer22, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Allowing Programs access to modify files,

Allowing a Program Access to the Internet

Hi Philip,

A firewall is a software program or piece of hardware that helps screen out hackers, viruses, and worms that try to reach your computer over the Internet. Using Windows Firewall, you can allow programs to access the internet. To do so, creating a Firewall
    Rule is required. Start the Windows Firewall settings by clicking Start and searching for Firewall. Click the Windows Firewall app and not Windows Firewall with Advanced Security. The Windows Firewall screen shows you how the firewall is configured for both
    private networks and public networks. On the list of settings to the left, click “Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall". The next view shows you a list of all the apps that are already allowed to communicate, and over what kinds of networks (private
    or public). If it’s the first time you’ve opened Windows Firewall, click the Change Settings button to give yourself permissions to make changes or add new apps. You’ll only need to do this once. To add a new app to the list, click “Allow another app”. In
    the Add an app window, browse for the app you want to allow network access to. Click the Network types button to specify whether you want to allow the app access on public or private networks (or both). Click Add when you’re done and that’s it. You’ve allowed
    the app through your firewall–you’ll see it show up on the list of allowed apps, and it should be allowed to use internet or network-related features.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Allowing Programs access to modify files,

1. Allowing Programs access to modify files, - Similar Threads - Allowing Programs access

2. Is there a way to access a history of files opened and/or modified?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to access a history of files opened and/or modified?: Hello,My PC had two drives: an HDD mounted on D: for files and documents, and an SSD mounted on C: for the operating system Windows 10. Recently, my PC's HDD had been unexpectedly destroyed, losing those files, but the SSD is completely in-tact. So the PC still loads the OS...
  3. Is there a way to access a history of files opened and/or modified?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to access a history of files opened and/or modified?: Hello,My PC had two drives: an HDD mounted on D: for files and documents, and an SSD mounted on C: for the operating system Windows 10. Recently, my PC's HDD had been unexpectedly destroyed, losing those files, but the SSD is completely in-tact. So the PC still loads the OS...
  4. Is there a way to access a history of files opened and/or modified?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Extracting Files and Accessing Programs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Extracting Files and Accessing Programs: I am the only user for my laptop. It was set up that way when I purchased the computer last year. Some way despite the fact that I am the administrator of the computer in the control panel the File Explorer had a user named Administrator and all my content and user privileges...
  6. Searching for files by date *moved*? (not accessed or modified)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Searching for files by date *moved*? (not accessed or modified): I've recently been moving a lot of pdf files from an "unsorted" folder to others where they are sorted by content. There is one I saw about a week ago I am trying to find again, but none of the search options seem to work for locating it because moving a file from one folder...
  7. program can't modify an INI file in subfolder of Program Files (x86)

in Windows 10 Support
    program can't modify an INI file in subfolder of Program Files (x86): I have this small utility that has to be hand-installed, so I created a Utilities folder in Program Files (x86) and copied the program files into that folder. Everything works as expected, except that the program can't modify its INI file, which is in that same Utilities...
  8. adding user but only allowing to access certain programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    adding user but only allowing to access certain programs: It seems when I Bing this that there are ways but I'm not easily finding the answers. I want to allow a 2nd user on my computer but not give them access to all of my files or programs. Basically there are 3 programs they would need to use. One is Adobe and the other 2 are...
  9. Modified using Regedit; can't access programs/change back

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Modified using Regedit; can't access programs/change back: [I tried to download the file as requesting the in the BSOD Posting Instructions, but I can't due to the problem below.] I was trying to download/install a program, but did not have enough space in my C drive. As the download/installation was automatic, I could not...
  10. Problem permissions for modify Files on programs folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem permissions for modify Files on programs folder: I come from windows 7 and i have not problem to copy delete etc. files on programs. Now every time i search to change file o delete or copy a windows appear ask me a permission... There is a way to disable this warning or ahve full acces to programs ? Thank Hispa 11933