Windows 10: Allowing "SETTINGS" in EDGE ( currently grayed out ) can not add Favorites

Discus and support Allowing "SETTINGS" in EDGE ( currently grayed out ) can not add Favorites in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I Think the problem is the result of "DEMO RULES" If I'm right about this I probably need a few other questions answered too. I purchased an HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by {S A S}, Oct 19, 2018.

1. {S A S} Win User

Allowing "SETTINGS" in EDGE ( currently grayed out ) can not add Favorites

I Think the problem is the result of "DEMO RULES" If I'm right about this I probably need a few other questions answered too.

I purchased an HP laptop this summer labeled " close out ". Turns out it was also " an administrative DEMO " and had a user name which is still listed as a user.

That said, MS EDGE does not allow me to set Favorites. In the … drop down window " Settings " is GRAYED out so it can not be accessed.

The retailer hires a third party to set up and prepare the DEMO's for resale by uninstalling the "RETAIL DEMO" and "ADMINISTRATIVE DEMO" which may the root of all problems on this laptop. Is there a way of activating "Settings" or do the other problems need to be resolved before the EDGE Browser issue?

PS If there is a link for uninstalling the Retail Demo/Administrator USERS I'd appreciate a hook-up with that forum/question.

Thanks

:)

{S A S}, Oct 19, 2018
  2. Eric_999 Win User

Favorites How do I find my favorites in Edge

While browsing another thread, I found the answer to my previous question. Including it here in case others are searching for the location where favorites are stored.

Kindly, follow the below steps to navigate the Microsoft EDGE browser’s favorites folder location.

• Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to the following path:
    (Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File Explorer).

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default

Note: username represent the user account name which you have currently signed in to the Windows 10.

• Here you will be able to locate the EDGE browser’s Favorites folder location.
    • Check whether you are able to locate the favorites which you have created in EDGE browser.
    Note: To back up your favorites in Edge browser, simply copy-paste this Favorites folder to a safe location. To restore favorites, copy and paste your Favorites folder back in the location suggested.

Eric_999, Oct 19, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to import favorites from Interner Explorer to edge in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: Check Favorites folder in User profile.

• Open C: Drive.

• Select User.

• Select user profile.

• Click on Favorites.

• If you’re able to see the favorites list, then you will be able to import the Favorites from there.
    Step 2: Import Favorites from folder or from browser.

• Open the Microsoft EDGE browser.

• Click on Favorites.

• Select Favorites settings.

• Click on Import.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Oct 19, 2018
  4. Allowing "SETTINGS" in EDGE ( currently grayed out ) can not add Favorites

How to enable favorites toolbar in Edge settings

I imported my favorites okay, but they all went into the hub favorites.

I have tried the suggestions, but all of favorites remain inside the Hub Favorites and not on the Home Page Favorites star which remains empty.

The drag and drop doesn't seem to work.

Any other suggestions?

Richard-Phillips, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

Allowing "SETTINGS" in EDGE ( currently grayed out ) can not add Favorites

1. Allowing "SETTINGS" in EDGE ( currently grayed out ) can not add Favorites - Similar Threads - Allowing SETTINGS EDGE

2. Allow an app through firewall is grayed out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allow an app through firewall is grayed out.: I am trying to allow an app through my firewall but when I go to the settings the options are all grayed out and I can't figure out why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allow-an-app-through-firewall-is-grayed-out/d47ccb51-c94f-4218-9e7e-393ce15aa1ca
  3. edge import passwords is grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    edge import passwords is grayed out: edge import passwords is grayed out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-import-passwords-is-grayed-out/3323b59b-15e2-4c6c-87d6-9ce8ca047423
  4. edge import passwords is grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    edge import passwords is grayed out: edge import passwords is grayed out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-import-passwords-is-grayed-out/3323b59b-15e2-4c6c-87d6-9ce8ca047423
  5. edge import passwords is grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Nightlight settings are grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nightlight settings are grayed out: My Nightlight is greyed out. The video driver is up to date. So I've tried this instruction. And I've found out that there are no such keys in this folder. What should I do next? Can I create these keys somehow and delete them thereafter? Please help, my eyes are in real pain...
  7. Add to favorites button is grayed out in Photos app

in Windows 10 News
    Add to favorites button is grayed out in Photos app: [ATTACH]If you are trying to mark a photo as a favorite, but notice that the Add to favorites button is grayed out in the Photos […] This article Add to favorites button is grayed out in Photos app first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. MS Edge "Settings" and "add favorites" greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Edge "Settings" and "add favorites" greyed out: I have windows 10, bought new with a Dell Computer. I have recently "imaged" my hard-drive to an SSD, which is now my main drive. I am unable to use "settings" or add to favorites on edge, as it is greyed out. I have tried "app trouble shooter" and SFC "system file...
  9. Edge - Can favorites be sorted?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Can favorites be sorted?: I am likely missing something here, but I can not seem to figure out how I can sort my favorites in Edge alphabetically? When a favorite is added it is added to the bottom of the list, and so on. I would like to sort them alphabetically if possible. Thanks for any tips,...
  10. How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?: Hey gang, I can't seem to figure this one out. When I set up Win 10 a few days ago, I imported my IE settings into Edge. All my favorites are there, and the ones I had pinned to my favorites bar are there. But I can not seem to figure out, how to add a favorite to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge browser greyed out settings

2. add a new page edge browser is grayed out