Windows 10: Allowing WiFi connection prior to windows logon for Domain Users at home

Discus and support Allowing WiFi connection prior to windows logon for Domain Users at home in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good Day,We have many laptops in our organization and we would like them to be able to auto connect to their wifi at home prior to login to windows so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KyleUltima, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Allowing WiFi connection prior to windows logon for Domain Users at home

Good Day,We have many laptops in our organization and we would like them to be able to auto connect to their wifi at home prior to login to windows so they can connect to our vpn to receive Group Policy updates right at login.We currently have our policies to auto connect while on site but we are unable to obviously set every users wifi in our group policy.I have looked around online for any solution and it seems some people have had it work on windows 7 but following similar steps and making sure to auto connect to the network when in range still does not allow the wifi to auto connect prior

:)

KyleUltima, Oct 21, 2021
  2. Ray4x4x4 Win User

Windows 10 after joining 2012 domain will not allow logon of domain users

So I have a new computer, recently upgraded from 10 home to 10 pro.

I join the computer to the 2012 r2 domain. it seems to join fine, I see that it is listed in the domain directory. however, no domain user is able to desktop logon on, it gives out a username or password incorrect message, even using the original joining
    user account. it is happy to unjoin, even with administrative accounts that will not allow desktop logon.

I tried domain\user user@domain even domain.local versions of same and double checked caps lock to no avail.

noted a curious thing. when I look at the Settings>System>about instead of the normal three gray boxes one of which should say join a domain, I get this:

Allowing WiFi connection prior to windows logon for Domain Users at home c4d816b4-940e-4010-a966-2166618701bf.png

Ray4x4x4, Oct 21, 2021
  3. WiFi Autoconnect not working before DOmain Logon

Hi Team,

We are using Domain login for our corporate WiFi , we are facing issue while trying to Auto connect Wifi in Windows 10 2004 Dell laptop, Wifi is not automatically connecting before domain login, As it only connect if manually click on "connect " on the
    desired WIfi connection and its working fine after Logon.

We have tried Disabling Credential Guard , But same issue,

Please give a solution for the same.

IT_Team_MUAE, Oct 21, 2021
  4. Allowing WiFi connection prior to windows logon for Domain Users at home

Windows 10 create new wireless connection before User's first logon attempt

I have Windows 10 devices that have the wifi drivers installed but before the User attempts to log into the device for the first time (No cached credentials) at the "sign in screen" in the lower right hand corner the User should see the Wifi logo that
    says "Connect to internet" and allow them to establish an internet connection that will then allow them to use our Cisco AnyConnect "Start Before Logon". The issue is the "wifi logo" is not displayed and therefore they can't establish an internet connection.
    These are domain joined laptops but these devices are being shipped to remote locations where there is no direct connection to the domain and the User will be logging into the device for the first time and they need to establish a connection to their home
    wifi routers.

chris_murray, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

Allowing WiFi connection prior to windows logon for Domain Users at home

1. Allowing WiFi connection prior to windows logon for Domain Users at home - Similar Threads - Allowing WiFi connection

2. Allowing WiFi connection prior to windows logon for Domain Users at home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allowing WiFi connection prior to windows logon for Domain Users at home: Good Day,We have many laptops in our organization and we would like them to be able to auto connect to their wifi at home prior to login to windows so they can connect to our vpn to receive Group Policy updates right at login.We currently have our policies to auto connect...
  3. Allowing WiFi connection prior to windows logon for Domain Users at home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allowing WiFi connection prior to windows logon for Domain Users at home: Good Day,We have many laptops in our organization and we would like them to be able to auto connect to their wifi at home prior to login to windows so they can connect to our vpn to receive Group Policy updates right at login.We currently have our policies to auto connect...
  4. Connecting to rdp - domain user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connecting to rdp - domain user: I connect to the Windows 10 Professional with Microsoft Remote Desktop app for MacOS - on my Windows PC, I've account created by logging to Windows with my work credentials, name@company.com - which I understand is domain account(but the remote computer is not in domain...
  5. WIFI Connectivity options before logon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI Connectivity options before logon: Hi, I want to know if it is possible to be able to connect to a wifi network prior to logon. This will be an option to choose a wifi connection and authenticate with it prior to entering domain credentials. I know how you can get a device to automatically connect to a wifi...
  6. WiFi Autoconnect not working before DOmain Logon

WiFi Autoconnect not working before DOmain Logon: Hi Team, We are using Domain login for our corporate WiFi , we are facing issue while trying to Auto connect Wifi in Windows 10 2004 Dell laptop, Wifi is not automatically connecting before domain login, As it only connect if manually click on "connect " on the desired...
  7. Cached logons not allowing user to log on when domain controller unavailable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cached logons not allowing user to log on when domain controller unavailable: My laptop users are finding that they periodically cannot login when they are working remotely without connection to the domain controller. They receive the message "We can't sign you in with this credential because your domain isn't available..." The group policy has cached...
  8. Windows - users logged on to samba NT domain cannot connect WIFI ! but local domain users can.

Windows - users logged on to samba NT domain cannot connect WIFI ! but local domain users can.: hi everybody, The problem I'm experiencing is pretty much what is in the subject. ver. 1903 windows are members of Samba (classic NT) domain and users of that domain when logged in cannot connect to WIFI, but if a local user logs in on the same workstation then WIFI gets...
  9. how to allow connection to wifi (internet) but not home network

how to allow connection to wifi (internet) but not home network: Hello guys, I need some help to setup my network. Best way is to explain my situation so you can understand what exactly is going on! I live in a building and have two separate small units located side by side. The are small and my wifi covers both apartments. In the...
  10. WiFi not allowing connection

WiFi not allowing connection: Our Dell laptop, running Windows 10, will not connect to our primary wireless yet it will connect to our 'guest' internet. I went through all the resets, pws, etc yet after entering the pw, the message still comes back as something has changed. Nothing changed and two...