Windows 10: Allowing Windows 7 networked PC access to Windows 10

Discus and support Allowing Windows 7 networked PC access to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Win10 PC on a home network with a Win7 PC that I would like to give access. After sharing folders, the networked Win7 PC gets challenged with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrezHan, Oct 7, 2018.

1. BrezHan Win User

Allowing Windows 7 networked PC access to Windows 10

I have a Win10 PC on a home network with a Win7 PC that I would like to give access. After sharing folders, the networked Win7 PC gets challenged with a "Enter Network Password" box, and attempts to login from the domain named for the Win7 PC computer name.

I can find no way to give "specific user" access to "Domain\User" as the Win10 PC complains that user not found.

Network discovery is on, file/printer sharing is on.

How can I allow access to a certain PC/User on my private network?

:)

BrezHan, Oct 7, 2018
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

Windows 7 & XP Networking Problem

I have two PCs in my room connected to a Linksys router, both had Windows 7 on them and had file sharing enabled through the Homegroup feature. Now I have XP on one PC, and still Windows 7 on the other. I setup the network on my XP PC and had the Windows 7 PC setup properly so that they could network together.

In 'My Network Places' I can see both PC's listed, I can double click the Windows 7 PC from my Windows XP PC and see the folders that I have set to share, but when I double click any of the folders I get an error message saying "\\PC-2\MP3 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Access is denied.

However, on my Windows 7 PC, I can go to network and browse all of the files I have set to share on the XP PC. So what do I need to do so that I can access the files on my Windows 7 PC on my Windows XP PC?

OrbitzXT, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Allowing Windows 7 networked PC access to Windows 10

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Allowing Windows 7 networked PC access to Windows 10

1. Allowing Windows 7 networked PC access to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Allowing networked access

2. Windows 10 Network not accessing network pc's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Network not accessing network pc's: We have 2 new Lenovo Thinkpad T490s laptops. Built identically with Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1.PC 1 : accesses all networked PC's correctly - see below : OAK-THINKPAD-TPC2 : only accesses the local networked PC - see below : OAK-THINKPAD-T2The only major difference between...
  3. PC Not Allowing Access ...

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Not Allowing Access ...: ... to a specific website. NOTE - this is a pc issue, not a browser issue so do not move this topic to the browser forum. The issue is present in Palemoon, Firefox, Edge, Chrome, etc. I use Palemoon, but installed the others for testing. I am clueless. We have a single ISP...
  4. Cannot access shared Windows 7 files from Windows 10 PC The network path was not found...

Cannot access shared Windows 7 files from Windows 10 PC The network path was not found...: I have 2 PCs, one running Windows 10 named A10 and one running Windows 7 called B7. I need to be able to access B7's files from A10 I don't need to be able to access A10 from B7. No, I am not going to upgrade from Windows 7. Yes, I know support has ended for it. If I try to...
  5. windows 7 pc updated to windows 10 network issues

windows 7 pc updated to windows 10 network issues: I have homegroups on my windows 7 pc and ive left the group now apparently my windows 7 pc can connect to the windows 10 pc, and see files ive shared, but it 'doesn't have permission to access the files' in the windows 7 pc I can see the windows 10 pc, and attempting to...
  6. Access files on W10 pc from a windows 7 pc on the home network

Access files on W10 pc from a windows 7 pc on the home network: I have a Windows 10 PC, How do I allow a windows 7 pc on a home network access files on my W10 pc? ***Original Title: I have a Windows 10 PC, How do I allow a windows 7 pc on a home network access files on my W10 pc?***...
  7. I have a Windows 10 PC, How do I allow a windows 7 pc on a home network access files on my...

I have a Windows 10 PC, How do I allow a windows 7 pc on a home network access files on my...: I have a Windows 10 PC, How do I allow a windows 7 pc on a home network access files on my W10 pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-windows-10-pc-how-do-i-allow-a-windows-7/fe8fb5dc-53df-4741-bcba-b4478e113663"
  8. Network Computers not Allowing Access

Network Computers not Allowing Access: Hello, We have a network that contains most of the computers at our facility. There are 3 computers in this network that are relevant: 1 "host" computer with a folder that should visible to the other 2 "client" computers (quotes are referencing that these are just the...
  9. Networking Windows 10 and Windows 7

Networking Windows 10 and Windows 7: How do I configure my computers so that I can fileshare between the across my wireless network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networking-windows-10-and-windows-7/05e25af5-a543-4547-956e-3451531d62d4
  10. Accessing a shared folder/file from a networked Windows 7 PC

Accessing a shared folder/file from a networked Windows 7 PC: 2 computers; 1 recently upgraded from W7 Pro, 64-Bit to W10. The other computer is still running W7 Pro, 64-Bit. I had been able to access shared folders and files without entering a username/PW between the 2 PC's. Now, when I try to access a shared folder/file on the W10...