Windows 10: Allowing your child to play minecraft online

Discus and support Allowing your child to play minecraft online in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm frustrated because I wanted to remember how to give my child permission to play minecraft online. Google immediately directed me to a thread... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Erik_Re, May 28, 2020.

1. Erik_Re Win User

Allowing your child to play minecraft online

I'm frustrated because I wanted to remember how to give my child permission to play minecraft online. Google immediately directed me to a thread titled: "How do I grant my child access to Minecraft," which has the exact question I wanted, but does not have the right answer and is locked.

Why can't we remove these threads that have the wrong answer. At least, we should allow people to post the correct answer. Anyway, I wanted to post the correct answer somewhere. It could change, but as of May 2020 this works:

1. Go to your microsoft's account area https://account.microsoft.com/ and log in to your parent account.

2. Click the privacy settings.

3. Click the "Xbox privacy and online safety" link.

4. Click the tab for your child's account

You are now presented with a bunch of options, including "You can join multiplayer games" which you can switch from block to allow if you want.

Note: This works if you are using the minecraft for Windows version. If you are using the Java version for minecraft, you may need to do something else.

Of course, it is important to be careful with your kids online. I have three children that want to play minecraft together on different devices. I teach them to only play with people they know.

:)

Erik_Re, May 28, 2020

2. Allow Child to play Minecraft with Family Win10

How can I let my child play Minecraft using using their child account setup using Microsoft Family.

I have purchased, downloaded, and installed Minecraft using my (parent) account. Its through my Xbox username.

We do not own a XBox console. Not sure if that matters.

Minecraft is not available under my child's Microsoft account. I don't even see options to allow it in Microsoft Family.

Has anybody successfully set this up for their child?

CoderCodingCode, May 28, 2020
  3. Allow Child to play Minecraft with Family Win10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you have purchased the Minecraft game with your (parent) Microsoft account and now you want your child to play the game in his/her (child) Microsoft account, which is under Microsoft family.

The game can be played in any account irrespective of Child or parent account. In child account you have to give the permission to install, whereas in parent you can just download and install the game.

In this scenario, you are unable to find the game under your child account because you used your Microsoft account to purchase the game and hence you can install it only to your account. You cannot install the game in any other parent account and not
    even to the child account.

Games which needs to be purchased from store can be redeemed and installed to the account that was used to purchase the game. If you try to download and install the game in other account, it will ask you to purchase again.

What you could have done is to gift the game to your child, then he/she could have used their account to install after the parents’ permission as per Family feature.

Please refer this article on
    How to gift a game

Allowing your child to play minecraft online 5d3d0b09-277d-4930-843a-9757de1dc79e?upload=true.jpg

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 28, 2020
  4. Allowing your child to play minecraft online

Minecraft Servers- child?

Hi,

A Parent account can manage or control the Child account's privacy and online safety settings online. To change or remove the restrictions on your child's profile, you may follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your account on the
      Xbox account settings page
    • Select the gamertag of the child account which you want to edit.
    • Go to the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety.
    • Set Join multiplayer games to Allow.
    • Save your settings.

Make sure that the restrictions are also removed from the
    Microsoft Family page

• Sign in to your account and look for the child account's email address.
    • Click on Content restrictions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Allowing your child to play minecraft online

1. Allowing your child to play minecraft online - Similar Threads - Allowing child play

2. Microsoft Child account can't play online Java Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Child account can't play online Java Minecraft: I've followed every guide I can find to allow my child to play Minecraft Java Edition. Nothing works.I've set his account to allow him to join clubs, allow multiplayer outside of Xbox live and everything. Nothing seems to be working....
  3. Microsoft Child account can't play online Java Minecraft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Child account can't play online Java Minecraft: I've followed every guide I can find to allow my child to play Minecraft Java Edition. Nothing works.I've set his account to allow him to join clubs, allow multiplayer outside of Xbox live and everything. Nothing seems to be working....
  4. playing online for minecraft windows

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    playing online for minecraft windows: Ive been trying to get my account to let me play online for the past 2 days and nothing Microsoft has said to do even shows up or just doesn't work. and at this point it would just be easier to buy a damn ps4, get minecraft on there, then play. Im sick and tired of trying to...
  5. playing online for minecraft windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    playing online for minecraft windows: Ive been trying to get my account to let me play online for the past 2 days and nothing Microsoft has said to do even shows up or just doesn't work. and at this point it would just be easier to buy a damn ps4, get minecraft on there, then play. Im sick and tired of trying to...
  6. playing online for minecraft windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Minecraft Java Online Play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Java Online Play: Hello i have searched up guides asked friends and more on how to enable online multiplayer in MInecraft i have been attemptin for hours and cannot resolve the issue, i just wanna play minecraft Java with my friends and on servers please help me....
  8. Allow/permit my daughter to play Minecraft Windows Edition online

Allow/permit my daughter to play Minecraft Windows Edition online: Hi My soon to be 13 year old daughter has been playing Minecraft online from her 15 y/o brothers account and wanted to use some Christmas money to buy her own copy and download to her own laptop We have both kids set up on MS family safety with age appropriate settings...
  9. Minecraft Dungeons Online play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Dungeons Online play: Hello : When I try to "Play Online" when playing Minecraft Dungeons I get a message that says "To play MD online, you must sign in to your Microsoft Account. Would you like to sign in now?" I press A to sign in and I get another message that says "Unable to connect to the...
  10. Allow Child to play Minecraft with Family Win10

Allow Child to play Minecraft with Family Win10: How can I let my child play Minecraft using using their child account setup using Microsoft Family. I have purchased, downloaded, and installed Minecraft using my (parent) account. Its through my Xbox username. We do not own a XBox console. Not sure if that matters....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft windows allow child to play online

2. microsfot famiulky allo kids account to play with friends minecraft