Windows 10: Almost 20GB temporary internet files won't clean-up

Discus and support Almost 20GB temporary internet files won't clean-up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello,I'm experiencing annoying problem for a few months now. When I go to Settings>System>Storage app shows I have over 18.8GB of Temporary files, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Maksymilian Łazarewicz, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Almost 20GB temporary internet files won't clean-up

Hello,I'm experiencing annoying problem for a few months now. When I go to Settings>System>Storage app shows I have over 18.8GB of Temporary files, but when I click option Temporary files it shows nearly no files mostly few hundred megabytes.Is there option to find these files and delete them. I attached some photos for evidence.NOTE: I used Disk clean-up tool and don't seem to work too. yes, I scrolled through the whole list in Disk clean-up and it matches Total amountTHANK YOU FOR ANY HELP!

:)

Maksymilian Łazarewicz, Dec 1, 2021

2. How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi,

As you are saying that you are not able to delete the temporary internet files and temporary Files in Windows 10.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1.Have you installed any third party applications to clean up temporary Files?

2.In the Disk Cleanup had you checked the Temporary Internet files and Temporary files before doing disk cleanup?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and try deleting the temporary internet files.

• Open Internet Explorer by typing Internet Explorer in Search Bar. Click the
      Tools
      button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click
      Delete.
    • In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select the check boxes for the information you want to delete, click
      Delete, and then click OK.
    I also suggest you refer the Microsoft article on View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps.

View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge

Let us know if the issue with the deletion of temporary files is resolved we will be glad to assist you further.

Anup Karkal, Dec 1, 2021
  3. NShafkat Win User
    How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi Anup,

Thank you for your reply.

I would respond as follows:

1. No, I have not installed any third party applications to delete Temporary Internet Files or Temporary Files.

2. Yes, as mentioned in my message, I had chcked the relevant boxes for Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files before performing Disk Clean-up. But still the files won't delete.

Your suggestion is about deleting Browsing history. I don't have any issues with deleting Browsing history. It's about deleting Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files. Browsing history can be deleted via Internet Options or from the option available
    in the Hub of Microsoft Edge.

Any help on how to delete Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

NShafkat, Dec 1, 2021
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Almost 20GB temporary internet files won't clean-up

Temporary internet files

Hi Maggie,

Since you're using Google Chrome, we advise that you get in touch with them for instructions on how to delete temporary internet files on their browser. What we suggest to clean up temporary internet files in Windows 10 is by using the
    Disk cleanup app and by following the steps on this article.

Let us know if there's anything else you need.

Ian Ser, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

Almost 20GB temporary internet files won't clean-up

1. Almost 20GB temporary internet files won't clean-up - Similar Threads - Almost 20GB temporary

2. Temporary files not available for clean up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temporary files not available for clean up: When I used Windows 10 storage settings to view disk space usage it shows nearly 150GB of temporary files but when I click the trash icon to clean up, only about 50MB of files were shown for selection. Where are the other files please?...
  3. Temporary files not available for clean up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary files not available for clean up: When I used Windows 10 storage settings to view disk space usage it shows nearly 150GB of temporary files but when I click the trash icon to clean up, only about 50MB of files were shown for selection. Where are the other files please?...
  4. temporary files clean up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    temporary files clean up: I just open storage settings, and I saw there is 9.19gb update files. how do I cleanup that? and is it safe to delete that 9.19gb temporary update files?location: storage settings>temporary files>updates...
  5. temporary files clean up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    temporary files clean up: I just open storage settings, and I saw there is 9.19gb update files. how do I cleanup that? and is it safe to delete that 9.19gb temporary update files?location: storage settings>temporary files>updates...
  6. temporary files clean up

7. Almost 20GB temporary internet files won't clean-up

Almost 20GB temporary internet files won't clean-up: Hello,I'm experiencing annoying problem for a few months now. When I go to Settings>System>Storage app shows I have over 18.8GB of Temporary files, but when I click option Temporary files it shows nearly no files mostly few hundred megabytes.Is there option to find these...
  8. Almost 20GB temporary internet files won't clean-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Almost 20GB temporary internet files won't clean-up: Hello,I'm experiencing annoying problem for a few months now. When I go to Settings>System>Storage app shows I have over 18.8GB of Temporary files, but when I click option Temporary files it shows nearly no files mostly few hundred megabytes.Is there option to find these...
  9. Clean up temporary files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clean up temporary files: Dear support, I have a question about cleaning up the temporary files folder. Out of own habit and security/safety, i always clean up my temporary files before each restart or shutdown of my computer. Using the storage tab in setting. My question is, Is this bad to do so...
  10. Temporary files eating up 20gb+ of storage space??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Temporary files eating up 20gb+ of storage space??: Temporary files is eating up 20gb+ of storage on my device but when I go to it, it doesn't let me free up the space, can someone help? [ATTACH][ATTACH] I'm not low on storage or anything but I'd like to know why that suddenly took up so much space on my hard drive....