Windows 10: Almost a Year and no fix for Skype Crashing with 4k Cameras?

Discus and support Almost a Year and no fix for Skype Crashing with 4k Cameras? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Seems that older version of Skype won't be available in November from the messages I get. Nobody knows anything at Microsoft or Logitech on how to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DRS131313, Oct 19, 2018.

1. DRS131313 Win User

Almost a Year and no fix for Skype Crashing with 4k Cameras?

Seems that older version of Skype won't be available in November from the messages I get. Nobody knows anything at Microsoft or Logitech on how to fix the freezing after 8-10 mins like clockwork when using skype video. It's been going on for over a year with no end in site. Looks like we have to downgrade all the cameras to use the newer version. Can't believe companies like Microsoft or Logitech can't get this fixed.

:)

DRS131313, Oct 19, 2018

2. Skype crashes on startup under Windows 10

I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. When I go to open Skype it crashes and I get the Windows is trying to fix then close the program message.

I have read that it could be a webcam problem with suggestions to turn camera on for skype but when I go to the privacy settings Skype isn't listed under the apps that can have the camera turned on.

I tried uninstalling Skype and re downloading it but that didn't help. I am not very technical so don't know where to find logs or whatever to help diagnose.

AngelaGoose, Oct 19, 2018
  3. malware Win User
    New Skype Version Released

Although, not one of my favourite programs, Skype is considered a high priority software application. The latest 3.5.0.239 release, is now available for download and it fixes some major bugs:
    • bugfix: Links with invalid % encodings were executed
    • bugfix: Data execution protection may have crashed Skype
    • bugfix: Pressing escape did not end call
    • Security improvements to ensure it is no longer possible to shut down Skype from a web page
    DOWNLOAD

Source: Skype

malware, Oct 19, 2018
  4. Almost a Year and no fix for Skype Crashing with 4k Cameras?

camera on laptop not working with skype windows 10

Hi Nicky,

Since your camera has worked before, there may be changes on your computer that caused it to stop working. For us to isolate this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Have you performed any updates or made any changes on your computer before the camera stopped working?
    • Is the camera working with other apps?
    • Have you set Skype as one of the apps that can use the camera?

While waiting for your reply, let's verify if Skype is one of the apps that is allowed to use the camera. Follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo, then select Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Camera.
    • Make sure Let apps use the camera is turned on.
    • Under Choose apps that can use your camera, make sure that Skype
      is set to ON.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

Almost a Year and no fix for Skype Crashing with 4k Cameras?

1. Almost a Year and no fix for Skype Crashing with 4k Cameras? - Similar Threads - Almost fix Skype

2. Camera not working with Skype

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not working with Skype: Hi All Lenovo ideapad 305 Windows 10 home 64 bit. All updates Last worked with Skype and Zoom back around June now does not work Camera can be seen working on Lenovo Vantage settings but skype just shows black screen Skype works with external USB camera PC Settings shows...
  3. deactivated after almost 7 years

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    deactivated after almost 7 years: so this issue started like 4 days ago when it suddenly I got the watermark Activate windows and a punch on different errors. The first error was about permission denied and contact administrator, but this one is gone now. I tried a lot of solution like: 1- troubleshoot in...
  4. Camera is not clear on Skype webcam and camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera is not clear on Skype webcam and camera: Split from this thread. my camera is not clear on skype web cam and camera. I have tried everything. Nothing helps. wonder if its broken. There are no updated drivers to install. According to computer its working fine. Iv uninstalled it twice no difference. Iv changes the...
  5. Skype Camera Controls

Skype Camera Controls: I haec Logitech HD Pro 920 camera. Using the Logitech App I can zoom etc and the image works fine. Using camera control settings in Skype, nothing changes. I have updated my Skype App home use. I use Windows 10 and Office 365. As a matter of fact I reloaded the software...
  6. "No camera found" on Skype

"No camera found" on Skype: Why do i have "video calling disabled, no camera found" on Skype ?. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Skype . Camera is turned on in settings , ,windows up to date too, antivirus up to date. where do i find Skype tool too please. I am new to internet Thank you * Moved from...
  7. camera settings for Skype

in Windows 10 Customization
    camera settings for Skype: In trying to make a video call on Skype, it gives me a message that says Skype needs permission to use your camera. When checking on my camera settings, it shows that it is on for Skype. What is the problem. The camera has worked in the past....
  8. skype crashes

skype crashes: about a month ago I got a bunch of dialog boxes saying something about visual c++. ever since then when I try to open skype the window opens then shuts itself down before loading. Ive tried updating it, and uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing has worked. Does anyone...
  9. Win10 fixed Skype for Business crashes!

Win10 fixed Skype for Business crashes!: i've had an inability on two home PCs that were on 8.1.1 to run Lync 2013/Skype for Business 2015. Since I often work from home, this was a pretty big deal. It would always crash immediately upon starting. I Googled the errors it logged & tried everything recommended (others...
  10. Skype in 2017 - a year of highlights and milestones

in Windows 10 News
    Skype in 2017 - a year of highlights and milestones: This year has been full of exciting changes at Skype—with many new features and designs released in 2017. However, what has been most important for us is the feedback and input from our valued customers all over the world that helps us shape Skype. As we look forward to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skype dxgmms2.sys