Windows 10: ALMOST ALL FILES ARE MISSING

Discus and support ALMOST ALL FILES ARE MISSING in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Started my computer and noticed my desktop was almost blank, all loose files were gone but still the 2 folders I always have there where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeffreyHuyghe, Apr 18, 2020.

1. ALMOST ALL FILES ARE MISSING

Hi,

Started my computer and noticed my desktop was almost blank, all loose files were gone but still the 2 folders I always have there where available.

But when opening these folders I noticed only a few subfolders were left and each time with no files in them.

I' ve been a long Windows 20 years user and I have never ever had something like this.

I'm no expert but I'm know my way around.

It's been a month since I did a backup and there is some stuff in there I would really like to retrieve.

I' ve doublechecked some other threads on here and this is what I have already done.

• My files are not hidden, there are really no files in there and the remaining folders have no size.
    • I already restarted my PC more than 4 times
    • I checked my users folders because there are apparantly some error going on with this
      But this looks like it should.

I really makes no sense.

Hope any of you can help me out!

Thanks and best regards.

J

:)

JeffreyHuyghe, Apr 18, 2020

2. Burning Files To cdr

I tried to drag a .txt file to the burn list, as suggested above, but it will not drop in. I get a message "+add to burn list" but I cannot get it to drop into the burn list. Is there another step I am missing?

CathleenBaker, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Rose Ter Win User

ALMOST ALL FILES ARE MISSING

missing file

Hi Jim,

For us to isolate the issue, we will need to ask you a few questions:

• What task are you trying to do every time that you get the error code “missing file rtl160.bpl?”
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

ALMOST ALL FILES ARE MISSING

1. ALMOST ALL FILES ARE MISSING - Similar Threads - ALMOST FILES ARE

2. All Files Missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All Files Missing: Signed on and all my files are completely gone. Everything. I can't run even run virus scan. Apparently WINDOWS created a Special profile for me . How can I get all my files back?...
  3. All Files Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Files Missing: Signed on and all my files are completely gone. Everything. I can't run even run virus scan. Apparently WINDOWS created a Special profile for me . How can I get all my files back?...
  4. All Files Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Location Tab Missing from Almost All Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Location Tab Missing from Almost All Folders: WinVer = 19041.508 With one exception (and that one's Location Tab doesn't work), none of my folders, including new ones I create myself, have Location tabs. I did a due-diligence search and was overjoyed when I came up with this: How to Add or Remove Location tab in Folder...
  6. all of my files are missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    all of my files are missing: a few days ago, i turned on my laptop to find that all of my files are missing. turns out i was logged in into a temporary account. the 1st and 2nd time i restart my laptop, the files are still there but it kept reset settings after reboot. after the third restart, all of my...
  7. Missing almost all files in Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos after...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing almost all files in Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos after...: Hello fellow redditors. I have a weird problem with my PC and missing files, to the point where after hours of google searching for a working solution, I am posting here with hopes for a good solution. Today I de-dusted my longtime PC (8 years and still going strong!) and...
  8. All my Files are Missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All my Files are Missing: Today 17/04/2020 all my word and excel files are missing on my laptop. Can you help? They have just disappeared! How can I retrieve them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-files-are-missing/7c394db9-a37a-41b3-8aaf-fba7774d77b9
  9. Explorer is missing almost ALL FILE CMDS to: RENAME, DELETE.....

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer is missing almost ALL FILE CMDS to: RENAME, DELETE.....: previous versions of windows. Can I ADD things like RENAME commands to the RIGHT CLICK? 88953
  10. Almost all text is missing from windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Almost all text is missing from windows 10: I had a problem with permissions in windows 10 messing up the search indexer. I found someone with the similar problem who fixed his problem with "Permissions Time Machine" (to reset all permission to default) It worked but I then restarted and got greeted with...