Windows 10: (Almost) All Programs Crash

Discus and support (Almost) All Programs Crash in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This started about 2 weeks ago. After a restart, it will work fine for a few hours then all of a sudden, whatever program I am in, the screen goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Talmadge-McGulager, Nov 15, 2020.

1. (Almost) All Programs Crash

This started about 2 weeks ago. After a restart, it will work fine for a few hours then all of a sudden, whatever program I am in, the screen goes black for a few seconds and all open programs, except for chrome, crash. And I can't get them to run again until I restart. Updating Windows did not fix the problem.

submitted by /u/Talmadge-McGulager
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Talmadge-McGulager, Nov 15, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 15, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 15, 2020
  4. (Almost) All Programs Crash

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

(Almost) All Programs Crash

1. (Almost) All Programs Crash - Similar Threads - Almost Programs Crash

2. Windows programs open and crash almost immediately after opening.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows programs open and crash almost immediately after opening.: I have been trying to find a solution to this problem for a while now. Here are some of the problems since I don't really know the correct terms to describe this concisely.Search bar has a loading icon and then just crashesIf I try to open anything from Windows settings it...
  3. All my programs crash on startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All my programs crash on startup?: This started happening recently, couple days ago i noticed that if i opened audacity or a text file it would open for a second and then crash. Finally i few days later i decided to sit down and fix the issue. I tried looking at similar problems online but found nothing and...
  4. Almost all programs have a gap to the taskbar

Almost all programs have a gap to the taskbar: Almost all of my windows 10 programs leave a tiny, maybe 10px or less, gap between themselves and the taskbar. I tried maximising the window, making it small, manually adjusting it, nothing helps. There would always be a tiny gap I could see Discord through, which seems to be...
  5. Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Build 19041.423 almost all programs crash

Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Build 19041.423 almost all programs crash: I'm at a loss. Friends computer, by the way. Chrome doesn't crash, at least it hasn't yet. But....most other things do. What is found to be not working: -Steam: steam itself won't always load library. Just sit on a blank page. Some steam games won't open, or will open and...
  6. ALMOST ALL FILES ARE MISSING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ALMOST ALL FILES ARE MISSING: Hi, Started my computer and noticed my desktop was almost blank, all loose files were gone but still the 2 folders I always have there where available. But when opening these folders I noticed only a few subfolders were left and each time with no files in them. I' ve...
  7. ALMOST ALL APPS DOWNLOADED FROM WINDOWS STORE CRASH!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ALMOST ALL APPS DOWNLOADED FROM WINDOWS STORE CRASH!: Please help! Almost all solutions from internet cant fix my problem! Like from this: https://windowsreport.com/windows-10-apps-wont-open/ ( 13 solutions still cant fix !!) Really frustrating ! NOTE: THE APP FROM WINDOWS STORE NOT THE WINDOWS STORE (IT FINES AFTER I FIXED...
  8. almost crashed again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    almost crashed again: I was wondering why this mouse problem is still not solved see form's on it since 2013 that's even older than my laptop if a update of any kind would had been going on I would have crashed I just can't see the reason that it not only can't stay put it comes in like it...
  9. Windows 10 blocks almost all of my programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 blocks almost all of my programs: Without any apparent reason, Windows started blocking pretty much all of my programs. I could understand if it blocked programs like Cheat Engine (which it does), but Word, Excel, sometimes even Chrome!? By the way, it doesn't matter if the program is running or not....
  10. Almost each program freezes...

in Windows 10 Support
    Almost each program freezes...: Hi people of the good life here, Recently I updated Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. First as update, later as clean install. No problems so far. I updated because Windows nags about CWX... According to GWX (Windows 10 download / specs investigator) I guessed Windows 10...