Windows 10: Almost all the files & folders on the desktop are locked. What is the solution?

Discus and support Almost all the files & folders on the desktop are locked. What is the solution? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am using a laptop that belonged to another person and I found that almost all the files and folders on the desktop are locked, including Word, Pdf... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Laura Walters1, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Almost all the files & folders on the desktop are locked. What is the solution?

I am using a laptop that belonged to another person and I found that almost all the files and folders on the desktop are locked, including Word, Pdf and so on. I am unable to unclock them. What is the solution? Thanks.

:)

Laura Walters1, Feb 5, 2019

2. Folder locked and dissapeared after unlock

Well here's something i found on this:

Lost my files in Folder Lock

But it doesn't work here , i don't have that folder.

Can somebody help me searching for a solution , tnx.

EDIT:

I did that and that's when the folder just disappeared but the data is still there, the program is very confusing about restoring files , it says that "files should become unlocked automatically" ... so where the heck are manual unlocking instructions.

It's not an encrypt , it's just a password lock , so data is all open. The problem is, i would get like 225 GB of individual files off the HDD recovery , i just want the harder way of accessing the folder but getting the folder structure , where can i find the time to SORT 220 GB of data omg.

RuskiSnajper, Feb 5, 2019
  3. AddSub Win User
    Free Folder Lock?

panchoman, dude?

HiddenStupid, this might work. (not sure if it works on NTFS)

Hide Folder HiBit lock 7.2.8

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Security-Related/Hide-Folder-HiBit-lock.shtml

· Protect any folder or file by : Hide, Lock, Encrypt or make a folder as a recycle Bin.
    · The protected folders or files still protected even in other computers.
    · The protect Operation just take 1 second at any computer.
    · You can undelete the folder or file by Locking it.
    · Works with FAT32, FAT16, FAT12 and FAT and all windows versions.

10 runs trial and nag screen until registration. Registration is free

So, freeware after free registration.

Plenty more "lock folder" apps on Softpedia, very few that can hide AND lock.

AddSub, Feb 5, 2019
  4. MohanC Win User

Almost all the files & folders on the desktop are locked. What is the solution?

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Almost all the files & folders on the desktop are locked. What is the solution?

1. Almost all the files & folders on the desktop are locked. What is the solution? - Similar Threads - Almost files folders

2. Almost all files and folders on my desktop disappeared and nowhere to be found even after...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Almost all files and folders on my desktop disappeared and nowhere to be found even after...: Almost all files and folders on my desktop disappeared and nowhere to be found even after logging on as admin. very frustratingI believe it was around windows update time but not sure exactly when this happened, when I log back the desktop files are gone...
  3. Almost all files and folders on my desktop disappeared and nowhere to be found even after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Almost all files and folders on my desktop disappeared and nowhere to be found even after...: Almost all files and folders on my desktop disappeared and nowhere to be found even after logging on as admin. very frustratingI believe it was around windows update time but not sure exactly when this happened, when I log back the desktop files are gone...
  4. Almost all files and folders on my desktop disappeared and nowhere to be found even after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Desktop shows almost no files, but desktop folder has 53 items?

Desktop shows almost no files, but desktop folder has 53 items?: Simply put, files that are in my C:\Users\Dude\Desktop folder are not visible on my desktop. See screenshot below.But! If I try to drag and drop a file from the explorer window showing the C:\Users\Dude\Desktop folder to my desktop, windows pops a message that says "The...
  6. Desktop shows almost no files, but desktop folder has 53 items?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop shows almost no files, but desktop folder has 53 items?: Simply put, files that are in my C:\Users\Dude\Desktop folder are not visible on my desktop. See screenshot below.But! If I try to drag and drop a file from the explorer window showing the C:\Users\Dude\Desktop folder to my desktop, windows pops a message that says "The...
  7. Desktop shows almost no files, but desktop folder has 53 items?

8. What is these files in my desktop folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is these files in my desktop folder?: So i just browsing to my folders and i found these 2 random files in my desktop folder.What is Desktop.SED and ~Desktop.DDF files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-these-files-in-my-desktop-folder/392957a5-5f4f-4f4a-b542-c5ee4b28ad60
  9. What is these files in my desktop folder?

What is these files in my desktop folder?: So i just browsing to my folders and i found these 2 random files in my desktop folder.What is Desktop.SED and ~Desktop.DDF files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-these-files-in-my-desktop-folder/392957a5-5f4f-4f4a-b542-c5ee4b28ad60
  10. ALMOST ALL FILES ARE MISSING

ALMOST ALL FILES ARE MISSING: Hi, Started my computer and noticed my desktop was almost blank, all loose files were gone but still the 2 folders I always have there where available. But when opening these folders I noticed only a few subfolders were left and each time with no files in them. I' ve...