Windows 10: Almost Daily Activation

Discus and support Almost Daily Activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My windows 10 home version 1909 64bit is causing me grief! I upgraded from a genuine windows 7 not long after windows 10 became available. Everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by busdriver6, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Almost Daily Activation

My windows 10 home version 1909 64bit is causing me grief! I upgraded from a genuine windows 7 not long after windows 10 became available. Everything has been perfect until a few weeks ago when it displayed that it was no longer activated. I ran the troubleshoot on the activation page in settings / update and security and it reactivated windows. Unfortunately almost daily I get the message again and have to run troubleshoot. Eventually I contacted microsoft help who did all sorts of things remotely which I hoped would cure the problem but it hasn't.

Here are a few clues in the hope that someone can help me:

1. I have found the installed key using showkey plus and it states the key is a generic key which requires a digital licence for activation. Obviously when I run troubleshoot it works so the digital key must be somewhere.
    2. If I go to control panel and open the system folder, hoping to see windows activated and the key, it instantly deactivates windows! I then have to go back to settings / update and security / activation and run the troubleshoot again.
    3. I have run sfc / scannow and dism and there are no issues
    4. I have reinserted the serial key in product update but that does not help
    5. I am using a microsoft account to log in not a local account
    Help!!

:)

busdriver6, Nov 24, 2019

2. Rectangles in my daily list of activities in the calender

I use my calendar frequently and everything was fine for the first year or so that I owned my Nokia Lumia 925. Then suddenly the daily list of activities started to have a rectangular box at the front of each activity, sort of like a list with asterisks,
    but in this case it is a small rectangle. I know this might seem inconsequential but I would like to go back to my plain list of daily activities. Can anyone help me get rid of this nuisance?

StevenHayesZhongshan, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Steve C Win User
    Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Almost Daily Activation

Milestones

Welcome aboard dank and congrats to the stoners. We are seeing some members stepping it up for the contest and bringing some new names to the stoners list daily *Toast :toast:

Chicken Patty, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Almost Daily Activation

1. Almost Daily Activation - Similar Threads - Almost Daily Activation

2. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 occurring almost daily

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 occurring almost daily: This has been ongoing for about a week now and each BSOD creates the same dump it also is not consistent, it might not happen for a day or might happen multiple times in one day:DUMP.txtSPECS:CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600MOTHERBOARD: MSI B450 TOMOHAWK MAXGPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX...
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 occurring almost daily

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 occurring almost daily: This has been ongoing for about a week now and each BSOD creates the same dump it also is not consistent, it might not happen for a day or might happen multiple times in one day:DUMP.txtSPECS:CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600MOTHERBOARD: MSI B450 TOMOHAWK MAXGPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX...
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 occurring almost daily

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Almost daily crashes with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Almost daily crashes with Windows 11: I'm getting almost daily crashes / Blue Screens with Windows 11. I have a mini dump file and a Dumpstack file that I can provide that will hopefully allow you to pinpoint where the issue lies. It isn't temperature related as the PC runs between 50 and 65 C most of the time....
  6. Almost daily crashes with Windows 11

Almost daily crashes with Windows 11: I'm getting almost daily crashes / Blue Screens with Windows 11. I have a mini dump file and a Dumpstack file that I can provide that will hopefully allow you to pinpoint where the issue lies. It isn't temperature related as the PC runs between 50 and 65 C most of the time....
  7. Almost daily blue screens for over a month

Almost daily blue screens for over a month: I've been experiencing random blue screens for well over a month now. Occasionally I might go a day or two without one but it feels like a nearly daily occurrence at this point, sometimes even multiple times in a single day. Every time it happens I get a different error code...
  8. Random BSODs almost daily

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs almost daily: Hey, so randomly when I am gaming, watching YouTube and things like that I will randomly BSOD, with the error in the event viewer A fatal hardware error has occurred. A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check...
  9. Random BSODs almost daily

Random BSODs almost daily: Hey, so randomly when I am gaming, watching YouTube and things like that I will randomly BSOD, with the error in the event viewer A fatal hardware error has occurred. A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check...
  10. Almost daily BSoD appears

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Almost daily BSoD appears: Hello, I've attached a log file hoping someone would be kind enough to view it and help find a solution to this vexing problem of BSoD. Windows 21h1 Much obliged Thank You Ian 182241