Windows 10: Almost each program freezes...

Discus and support Almost each program freezes... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi people of the good life here, Recently I updated Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. First as update, later as clean install. No problems so far. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Geeviz, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Geeviz Win User

Almost each program freezes...

Hi people of the good life here,

Recently I updated Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. First as update, later as clean install. No problems so far.
    I updated because Windows nags about CWX...

According to GWX (Windows 10 download / specs investigator) I guessed Windows 10 does support without any problem my laptop.

But...

Almost every program freezes sometime. It looks funny, like a virus...
    Each screen blinks... and writes the message "Doesn't Respond"

Windows 10 is up to date, drivers are all up to date

Is there any particular reason why Windows 1o exhibits this behaviour? And what are any solutions?

The problem nags me, and I cannot figure out what the problem is. Hadn't it before at Windows 8..

Does the problem affect special new windows 10 features , services?
    I turned off a bunch of shitty new services / apps from which I think they are not needed but the problem keeps existing..

EDGE crashes, Google Chrome and Firefox both freezes for example..

Cheers,

:)

Geeviz, Mar 8, 2016

2. Vidoe card and driver issues in Win 10.

I think I will concentrate on the freeze up issue, rather than the DPC error. I haven't had it but two or three times and the freeze up is almost hourly. I am thinking, since it is freezing up, the normal thinking is it's the video card or driver. But,
    there are a lot of things that can cause a freeze up. It froze this evening while idling and the bubble screensaver was running. I look over at it and the bubbles weren't moving. So, what else could cause a freeze up? Is there a way of disabling TSR programs
    so I can eliminate programs and apps that are not necessary for the OS to run?

Thanks in advance,

Bob G

Bob Gilbert, Mar 8, 2016
  3. windows 10 pro 64 bit freezes randomly

Dear Zigzag3143,

I have installed almost same programs on both the computers (32 bit laptop and 64 bit desktop). The programs show no conflict (freezing) with windows 7 professional (64 bit) on the same desktop but, windows 10 pro freezes randomly with the same programs.

Interestingly, checking system before installing the upgrade to Windows 10 pro approves the system for installing the upgrade. So, there seems to be no problem with the desktop hardware for windows 10 pro.

VivekVerma_959, Mar 8, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Depending on whether your computer will stay working long enough to run a system file check...................
    System file check is to look for corrupt files. It will try to run repair if any found.

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Mar 8, 2016
  5. Geeviz Win User
    It's freshly installed *Wink

Geeviz, Mar 8, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    1. Run the sfc anyway.
    2. What kind of anti-virus program you have installed ?

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Almost each program freezes... - Similar Threads - Almost each program

2. Programs freeze, and fail to respond,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs freeze, and fail to respond,: Hello, I have an HP, AIO Desktop, My computer runs 24/7. I count on it in everything I do, but lately it has started rash of programs not responding, and the screen fades or fogs, and I have to cut power to it to get control of it again. Any help will be greatly...
  3. How to deinstall a program that freezes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to deinstall a program that freezes: I have found that my Malwarebytes paid version does not launch. I tried to reinstall it but the process freezes 30% of the way through. So, I decided to completely deinstall using CCleaner and then reinstall. But the uninstall also freezes and a dialog box says the process...
  4. Program freezes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program freezes in Windows 10: I have a problem with Windows 10 freezing. When I'm using Family Tree Maker program and Ancestry.com with a split screen, one window or both will freeze. I have to say this is not limited to only FTM program but others as well. When I open the Task Manager it shows a high...
  5. System partial freeze after each boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    System partial freeze after each boot: After each boot my laptop will work as normal for 10-20 seconds, after that some (I think web based only) applications freeze, for me it's been Firefox and Discord. Sometimes the start menu is unresponsive at this time and the media ui will not appear when adjusting the...
  6. Windows 10: Programs freeze/windows 10 freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: Programs freeze/windows 10 freeze: Hi guys. I've had this problem since the start of February, where my google, Counterstrike:Global Offensive (Steam game) or many other programs would just freeze or, my windows would entirely freeze. Sometimes I would launch google and my google won't open, I would try to...
  7. Program in Windows is freezing - not Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Program in Windows is freezing - not Windows: Hello, I have a problem with my pc. First I am sorry for my english. I am a german guy *Wink Sometimes my pc freeze for a moment, but its not windows its only one Thread/process like Office Word or a game. This is for 10-15 Seconds. I am not sure exactly. After this time...
  8. PC freezing/rebooting multiple times each hour

in Windows 10 Support
    PC freezing/rebooting multiple times each hour: This seemed like the most appropriate forum to post in, I have been across the internet and so far all attempts to find the problem or a solution have failed. The problem: My PC will intermittently freeze for up to 5 seconds and it occurs maybe 1 or 2 times per hour. If...
  9. Windows 10 blocks almost all of my programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 blocks almost all of my programs: Without any apparent reason, Windows started blocking pretty much all of my programs. I could understand if it blocked programs like Cheat Engine (which it does), but Word, Excel, sometimes even Chrome!? By the way, it doesn't matter if the program is running or not....
  10. Close program each day with Task Scheduler?

in Windows 10 Support
    Close program each day with Task Scheduler?: I cannot get it to work that Windows Task Scheduler closes a program each day. I have added this path C:\Dir Lw C\Programme\Rainlendar - Dirks Kalender (Daten etc.)\RainlendarPro schließen.lnk to a new task and the ink file is containing this "C:\Dir Lw...