Windows 10: Almost each program freezes...

Discus and support Almost each program freezes... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi people of the good life here, Recently I updated Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. First as update, later as clean install. No problems so far. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Geeviz, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Geeviz Win User

Almost each program freezes...

Hi people of the good life here,

Recently I updated Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. First as update, later as clean install. No problems so far.
    I updated because Windows nags about CWX...

According to GWX (Windows 10 download / specs investigator) I guessed Windows 10 does support without any problem my laptop.

But...

Almost every program freezes sometime. It looks funny, like a virus...
    Each screen blinks... and writes the message "Doesn't Respond"

Windows 10 is up to date, drivers are all up to date

Is there any particular reason why Windows 1o exhibits this behaviour? And what are any solutions?

The problem nags me, and I cannot figure out what the problem is. Hadn't it before at Windows 8..

Does the problem affect special new windows 10 features , services?
    I turned off a bunch of shitty new services / apps from which I think they are not needed but the problem keeps existing..

EDGE crashes, Google Chrome and Firefox both freezes for example..

Cheers,

:)

Geeviz, Mar 8, 2016

2. Vidoe card and driver issues in Win 10.

I think I will concentrate on the freeze up issue, rather than the DPC error. I haven't had it but two or three times and the freeze up is almost hourly. I am thinking, since it is freezing up, the normal thinking is it's the video card or driver. But,
    there are a lot of things that can cause a freeze up. It froze this evening while idling and the bubble screensaver was running. I look over at it and the bubbles weren't moving. So, what else could cause a freeze up? Is there a way of disabling TSR programs
    so I can eliminate programs and apps that are not necessary for the OS to run?

Thanks in advance,

Bob G

Bob Gilbert, Mar 8, 2016
  3. windows 10 pro 64 bit freezes randomly

Dear Zigzag3143,

I have installed almost same programs on both the computers (32 bit laptop and 64 bit desktop). The programs show no conflict (freezing) with windows 7 professional (64 bit) on the same desktop but, windows 10 pro freezes randomly with the same programs.

Interestingly, checking system before installing the upgrade to Windows 10 pro approves the system for installing the upgrade. So, there seems to be no problem with the desktop hardware for windows 10 pro.

VivekVerma_959, Mar 8, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Depending on whether your computer will stay working long enough to run a system file check...................
    System file check is to look for corrupt files. It will try to run repair if any found.

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Mar 8, 2016
  5. Geeviz Win User
    It's freshly installed *Wink

Geeviz, Mar 8, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    1. Run the sfc anyway.
    2. What kind of anti-virus program you have installed ?

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Almost each program freezes... - Similar Threads - Almost each program

2. Programs freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs freezing: Is there any possible fix to programs freezing when I alt + tab? Whenever I try to alt tab between tabs (for an example chrome and any other fullscreen program, the program running in the background stops playing videos or freezes completely). The biggest problem is that...
  3. Windows 10 goes from completely fine to almost freezing about 20 minutes into each startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 goes from completely fine to almost freezing about 20 minutes into each startup.: Hello, I have an SSD so the Windows starts up pretty fast, and with no issues. Upon surfing the web using Chrome usually writing emails or browsing YouTube in the early times of starting my Windows about 20-30 minutes into it I experience a sudden freeze in everything that...
  4. (Almost) All Programs Crash

(Almost) All Programs Crash: This started about 2 weeks ago. After a restart, it will work fine for a few hours then all of a sudden, whatever program I am in, the screen goes black for a few seconds and all open programs, except for chrome, crash. And I can't get them to run again until I restart....
  5. Win 10 freezes almost everyday

Win 10 freezes almost everyday: I have been having this problem for 2 months now. I tried every possible solution --- Regular Antivirus Scan and update Kaspersky Running sfc /scannow, chkdsk and memory diagnostic everyday Ran Microsoft Malicious Software Removal regularly so far 0 detected. Started...
  6. Win 10 freezes almost everyday

Win 10 freezes almost everyday: I have been having this problem for 2 months now. I tried every possible solution --- Regular Antivirus Scan and update Kaspersky Running sfc /scannow, chkdsk and memory diagnostic everyday Ran Microsoft Malicious Software Removal regularly so far 0 detected. Started...
  7. Almost all programs have a gap to the taskbar

Almost all programs have a gap to the taskbar: Almost all of my windows 10 programs leave a tiny, maybe 10px or less, gap between themselves and the taskbar. I tried maximising the window, making it small, manually adjusting it, nothing helps. There would always be a tiny gap I could see Discord through, which seems to be...
  8. Freezing in Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Freezing in Programs: Hello guys again I have an NEW issue. Ever since update to Windows 10 2004 latest version I believe I have had several issues and want to see if anyone know these or knows a fix. 1st issue is sometimes after I am waking or open my laptop I get one of 2 screens either an ALL...
  9. "Checkbox" on the left bottom corner on almost each app icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Checkbox" on the left bottom corner on almost each app icon: So yeah, I want to know is there any way to remove those checkboxes away form app icon? to make my desktop look cleaner? Here is what i am talking about: [ATTACH]...
  10. System partial freeze after each boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    System partial freeze after each boot: After each boot my laptop will work as normal for 10-20 seconds, after that some (I think web based only) applications freeze, for me it's been Firefox and Discord. Sometimes the start menu is unresponsive at this time and the media ui will not appear when adjusting the...