Windows 10: Almost every app I tried to run gives me this error ; “Windows cannot access the device,...

Discus and support Almost every app I tried to run gives me this error ; “Windows cannot access the device,... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Almost every app I tried to run gives me this error ; “Windows cannot access the device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OneTrickPony_B, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Almost every app I tried to run gives me this error ; “Windows cannot access the device,...

Almost every app I tried to run gives me this error ; “Windows cannot access the device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.”

This started happening last night 1-12-2021 when I installed two Windows updates and rebooted. McAffee gives me a pop up which says something to the effect of “stopping something dangerous, caught something trying to hijack one of your apps”. I ran a full virus scan and no results of malware or viruses.

The first thing that happened was the above then I got a black screen with a functioning mouse pointer, then it crashed after several reboots. I was caught in a loop. It repeatedly broght the ” Blue repair screens”, the one where you can do a restore, use command prompt, etc.

I then managed to try a restore of the latest disk image. I then got an error. I tried this again, same result. I then tried to reinstall windows from a usb recovery stick. I had to play around with the Bios, which I am not proficient. Then when I realized. I had no usb recovery drive, i put it back into UEFI mode. And it booted up and now I am not experiencing crashes or that black screen with movable mouse pointer. But I am back to the above error for all the apps I try to run. Microsoft Office apps sometimes work and sometimes do not. I can’t even run the applets in the control panel.

1. Does anyone have the same problem since installing yesterday’s updagtes?

2. Does anyone know how to fix it or what is going on?

Thanks in advance

:)

OneTrickPony_B, Jan 13, 2021
  2. aagha Win User

Give access to specific apps for Local User

@dalchina, thanks for the suggestion.

I tried your blanket option, and that didn't work.

I filtered per your suggestion:

Almost every app I tried to run gives me this error ; “Windows cannot access the device,... [​IMG]

However, it seems there are no settings for that filter:

Almost every app I tried to run gives me this error ; “Windows cannot access the device,... [​IMG]

aagha, Jan 13, 2021
  3. doug4901 Win User
    Running IE11 and accessing a 192.168.0.x address

So sorry for the very late reply. I am not a well person.

I have tried the suggestions and these are my results. I have been slow, but things have got more complications as I tried more.

Most important: I have tried dozens of times (really!), and just now it worked and this is what I did, and had done many times before without luck.

• I ran IExplore.exe with admin rights
    • I entered 192.168.0.50:86 and that put me immediately into where I wanted to be with access to my 4 cameras.
    • I repeated the same steps 2 times more and failed.
    • My third attempt it worked again! What is the saying? .... "go figure!"

In all my (earlier dozs of attempts) where I tried your kind suggestions, this is what happened:

• If you add http:// or https:// in front of 192.168 does it change behaviour?

That made no difference. It still bumped me into Bing

• Can you set the camera to the normal subnet of your network?

I got myself totally confused on how to do this, and therefore I didn't progress far with your suggestion.

• When you first went to use IE 11 did you enable it in Windows features?

No I didn't, but when I checked in Progs, Windows settings, it was already ticked. But I still have to run IExplore.exe in admin.

• Windows key + R, type iexplore.exe -extoff

That was unsuccessful*Sad

Yes, in all instances.

I feel like a phoney as it is now working, albeit intermittently.

There must be something corrupted in my Win installation. A couple of Window updates ago, all my file structures looked fine, but I had to reinstall most of my programs. Thank you Microsoft. I've had a few strange things since then. One issue is that I can't log into my router. It's IP address is 192.168.0.1 . In Chrome, my usual browser, 192.168.0.1 gives me a no-connection error, and so does IE11. But here's the rub, if I go to my wife's PC, it always works!! Her PC and mine both run the same version of Win10, both Chrome, and we are on a wired Ethernet connection to our router.

I thank all for your help. I really do.

Regards,
    Doug

doug4901, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Almost every app I tried to run gives me this error ; “Windows cannot access the device,...

Error: 0xA00F4271(0xC00D3EA2), while trying to access the WebCam on Windows 10

Hi Jerote,

As you are facing issues with accessing the webcam on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers on your device.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there is any yellow exclamation point on WebCam in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand WebCam drives under
      Imaging devices
      , right click on the driver.
    • Click on Properties and check the
      device status.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

If the issue is with the Camera app,

Step 3: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Almost every app I tried to run gives me this error ; “Windows cannot access the device,...

1. Almost every app I tried to run gives me this error ; “Windows cannot access the device,... - Similar Threads - Almost every app

2. I am trying to install c++ but it gives me this error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to install c++ but it gives me this error.: 0x80240017 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-install-c-but-it-gives-me-this/73003de7-7d11-48f6-9041-5c1de9e25d87
  3. every time i try to install update keeps giving me Error encountered

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    every time i try to install update keeps giving me Error encountered: i tried to download 2021-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB5003173and after finishing installing a msg pops up There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or...
  4. When I try to Download Minecraft it gives me an Error

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    When I try to Download Minecraft it gives me an Error: It wont let me download minecraft when I press the install button it works for about 2 seconds then gives me an error code. here is the error code 0x80246007 if that helps...
  5. Windows Defender is blocking almost every app trying to access my files. These are trusted...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender is blocking almost every app trying to access my files. These are trusted...: I recently got a new PC running Windows 10. I am using Defender for now, I am switching later on and it keeps blocking almost every app that is downloading or trying to access my files. These apps are trusted sources. It happened on some apps like Lightworks, paint.net, and...
  6. my microsoft acount gives me an error code every time I try to sign in.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my microsoft acount gives me an error code every time I try to sign in.: hello, my microsoft account isn't working at all. when I sign in it tells me to conect to internet it gives me the error code 0x800704cf when i try to log into the microsoft store and other codes when I try to log into other things such as minecraft. anyone know what is going...
  7. PC Is Corrupted, but gives me error when I try to run chkdsk /f

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Is Corrupted, but gives me error when I try to run chkdsk /f: So I ran chkdsk in cmd recovery menu as administrator access normally doesn't work and it said that windows has found problems. It told me to run chkdsk /f and I did but it gave me this error: Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write-protected....
  8. Trying to run hardware and devices troubleshooter but gives me this error? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to run hardware and devices troubleshooter but gives me this error? Windows 10: Package ID: DeviceDiagnostic Path: C:\WINDOWS\Diagnostics\Index\DeviceDiagnostic.xml Error code: 0x8000FFFF Source: Page load User: desktop\admin Context: Elevated Error above pops up when I try to run the troublshooter, I have admin rights on my account so I...
  9. Getting "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file..." for almost EVERY...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file..." for almost EVERY...: Hey guys, So I reinstalled Win10 a few months ago after a lot of issues with my old install Everything is working fine EXCEPT, when I go to use installed Windows Store apps, i get this error message in a system dialogue box" "Windows cannot access the specified device,...
  10. How Do I Access Settings If Windows +I Gives Me An Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How Do I Access Settings If Windows +I Gives Me An Error: A couple months ago I bought a used Gateway DX4860-UB20P tower that had been upgraded from Windows 7. I've been using it mostly to store mp3s. It seems to work okay, but there's a few 'minor' problems that have me puzzled. Left-clicking the start button does nothing....