Windows 10: Almost every single App / .exe File crashes instantly after launching.

Discus and support Almost every single App / .exe File crashes instantly after launching. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; About two days ago, I noticed that I wasn't able to start Microsoft Teams and Spotify anymore. When starting them, I only saw the loading screen / app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KiloBravoBFE, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Almost every single App / .exe File crashes instantly after launching.

About two days ago, I noticed that I wasn't able to start Microsoft Teams and Spotify anymore. When starting them, I only saw the loading screen / app for about 3 seconds, after that the app froze and just closed. Re-starting my PC didn't help and when I tried to re-install Teams, the installation program froze and crashed. At that point I noticed that almost every single program would crash on launch. Even the services.msg and Windows Troubleshoot programs crash after just a few seconds. Only certain apps such as Discord, Firefox, Word and for some reason Forza Horizon 4 still work just fine. All troubleshooting methods I could find on the internet such as sfc /scannow and using DIMS in Command Prompt did not do anything and updating to Windows Version 20H2 did not do anything either. Apart from adding the in my opinion awful looking new notifications and map icons. Are there any more methods I could try to fix my problem? Re-Installing Windows isn't really an option for me, as it really would mean a lot of backing up and re-installing apps and so on, otherwise I would already have tried. Apart from that, the Media Creation Tool Windows 10 installer also crashes on launch, so "repairing" Windows using that method does not work either. Just to be clear, I did not do anything special or install any programs during the time it stopped working.

Thanks in Advance.

:)

KiloBravoBFE, Apr 21, 2021

2. my "get windows 10 app" keeps on crashing

Hi Jaseem,

I suggest you to follow the steps given in the link below. A similar issue has been discussed.

'Get windows 10 app' crashes instantly after launching

'Get windows 10 app' crashes instantly after launching

Hope this helps, let us know the status.

PranavMishra5582, Apr 21, 2021
  3. .exe files

Hi,

The file extension .exe is an executable file format in Windows operating system. To better understand your concern, we’d like to request for an elaborate detail for us to determine what causes this file not to open by answering these questions:

• Resetting Windows 10 is a last resort of troubleshooting. Are you experiencing other issues on your computer?
    • What is the program are you trying to launch?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error message when you launch this application?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Almost every single App / .exe File crashes instantly after launching.

exe files will not launch

exe files will not launch

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage

KelleaNunez, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

Almost every single App / .exe File crashes instantly after launching.

1. Almost every single App / .exe File crashes instantly after launching. - Similar Threads - Almost every single

2. Windows 10 settings app closes almost instantly after opening it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 settings app closes almost instantly after opening it: Hello everyone,I am running Windows 10 family, version 22H2 with the build 19045.4046.As the title says, my settings app closes instantly after opening it.I have seen this issue posted a couple of times before and often times, the response is : does the problem still occur...
  3. Microsoft Store crashes instantly after launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store crashes instantly after launching: Hello my name's youssef and recently my windows was acting abit werid.. firstly VPNs no longer work for methen all microsoft office fail authenticate me then the Worst happened.the microsoft store app closes instantly after opening it. i've searched on the internet for a way...
  4. Microsoft Store crashes instantly after launching

Microsoft Store crashes instantly after launching: Hello my name's youssef and recently my windows was acting abit werid.. firstly VPNs no longer work for methen all microsoft office fail authenticate me then the Worst happened.the microsoft store app closes instantly after opening it. i've searched on the internet for a way...
  5. Microsoft Store crashes instantly after launching

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  6. Every single browser crashes....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Every single browser crashes....: Hi, I'm a window's user for 8 years and I have never encounter this problem.I bought a new laptop to backup things from the old laptop.Then I reset my old laptop because it's veryy slow.I boot it using USB bootable device.Once, I got it it's time for me to use the browser.I...
  7. Every single browser crashes....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every single browser crashes....: Hi, I'm a window's user for 8 years and I have never encounter this problem.I bought a new laptop to backup things from the old laptop.Then I reset my old laptop because it's veryy slow.I boot it using USB bootable device.Once, I got it it's time for me to use the browser.I...
  8. Every single browser crashes....

9. Almost Every Single Microsoft App Not Working

Almost Every Single Microsoft App Not Working: Out of no where this problem started happening. Microsoft Store wont open, Snip and Sketch wont open, Feedback Hub wont open, Game bar, Calendar, Calculator, Alarms, Mail, Camera, everything. It seems like the only thing that works is settings. For store I tried doing the...
  10. Xbox Windows 10 app instant crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Windows 10 app instant crashing on launch: The Xbox Windows 10 app instantly crashes upon launching. Have tried reinstalling resetting and repairing non have worked. The app stays open in the system tray but instantly closes and wont stay open. All that shows is this screen briefly. [ATTACH]...