Windows 10: Almost every single Microsoft link takes me to homepage

Discus and support Almost every single Microsoft link takes me to homepage in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why does Microsoft put links to online articles in event viewer and then provides no article at URL listed? Why does my copy of Server 2019 have an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MaxA18, Jan 31, 2021.

1. MaxA18 Win User

Almost every single Microsoft link takes me to homepage

Why does Microsoft put links to online articles in event viewer and then provides no article at URL listed?

Why does my copy of Server 2019 have an online resource built-in PS-Remoting during setup that is unreachable on the Microsoft server?

Why is it that every time I contact support for any issue, they always find a way to get me off the line and I have never gotten any assistance from them?

-My issue is with Server so I need to contact they Business division

-Fill out long form detailing problem. At end of form asks for account information.

-I provide my business account information.

-System recognizes I don't have a service contract for my Azure account.

-Offers to sign up for a per-event support,

-Try to sign up for per-event support.

-My account is not eligible.
    - DEAD END

Decide to try my developer account status and submit under a bug bounty because this should be exploitable.

-Submit under program

-Get response back that tells me that it would be a security vulnerability and closes case out. ****! Those are not same thing? Ask for video or ways to reproduce. That information was already provided. Has link to resubmit additional information. Link doesn't work. Takes me to Microsoft homepage.

I wasted hours of time and got absolutely nothing done when all I needed to do was tell Microsoft their online resource is not available.

This happens every single time I have any issue with any product. What is the purpose of there being tech support if they all know less than the customer?

Who do I talk to if I do have a major problem? I can literally see people in my computer changing settings and deleting logs with all remoting turned off, yet I can't use remoting myself? It's nice to know that Microsoft has distanced themselves so far away from the problem that if any non-legitmate party is using access to their backdoors, there is no one to inform or no way to launch and investigation.

:)

MaxA18, Jan 31, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 31, 2021
  3. kyle2020 Win User
    The TPU is My Homepage Club

yeah, its my homepage too haha - drop us on the list when you get a minute spare eh? *Smile Almost every single Microsoft link takes me to homepage :)

kyle2020, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Almost every single Microsoft link takes me to homepage

msn as my homepage

Hi Rose,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I will be glad to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to set the homepage on EDGE browser

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the EDGE browser.

• Click on Settings from the drop down menu.

• Select A specific page or pages under
      open with.

• Click on the option down to the
      A specific page or pages and select Custom from the drop down menu.

• You can Enter a web address (which you want to set as home page) in the text box by clicking on
      + button.

• Close the EDGE browser and open it again for the changes to take effect.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Regards,

Rakesh.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Almost every single Microsoft link takes me to homepage

1. Almost every single Microsoft link takes me to homepage - Similar Threads - Almost every single

2. Single-use code email from Microsoft never requested, but spamming almost every day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Single-use code email from Microsoft never requested, but spamming almost every day: Good day, I have a problem, someone is requesting single-use code using my e-mail and I'm getting 10 e-mails in a week and usually it leads to blocking my account by Microsoft because of the suspicious behavior. As soon as I tired to recover my account, what we can do? In my...
  3. Single-use code email from Microsoft never requested, but spamming almost every day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Single-use code email from Microsoft never requested, but spamming almost every day: Good day, I have a problem, someone is requesting single-use code using my e-mail and I'm getting 10 e-mails in a week and usually it leads to blocking my account by Microsoft because of the suspicious behavior. As soon as I tired to recover my account, what we can do? In my...
  4. Clicking a link in the Phone Link app takes me nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking a link in the Phone Link app takes me nowhere: I cannot open any link I receive from any sender in the Phone Link app anymore.I used to simply click the link and my browser would pull up the webpage, just as clicking a link should and does work elsewhere in Windows 11 for me, without any issue.Currently the links appear...
  5. Clicking a link in the Phone Link app takes me nowhere

Clicking a link in the Phone Link app takes me nowhere: I cannot open any link I receive from any sender in the Phone Link app anymore.I used to simply click the link and my browser would pull up the webpage, just as clicking a link should and does work elsewhere in Windows 11 for me, without any issue.Currently the links appear...
  6. What happened to my homepage links?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What happened to my homepage links?: A few days ago, I opened my Bind homepage & all of my links or I call them shortcuts disappeared! I was able to just click on the link for Hotmail & it would open............ same with Facebook, etc., etc...... but not now! WHY? And........ how do I get them back? I did...
  7. What happened to my homepage links?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to my homepage links?: A few days ago, I opened my Bind homepage & all of my links or I call them shortcuts disappeared! I was able to just click on the link for Hotmail & it would open............ same with Facebook, etc., etc...... but not now! WHY? And........ how do I get them back? I did...
  8. What happened to my homepage links?

9. Almost Every Single Microsoft App Not Working

Almost Every Single Microsoft App Not Working: Out of no where this problem started happening. Microsoft Store wont open, Snip and Sketch wont open, Feedback Hub wont open, Game bar, Calendar, Calculator, Alarms, Mail, Camera, everything. It seems like the only thing that works is settings. For store I tried doing the...
  10. Almost every Microsoft app doesnt work.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Almost every Microsoft app doesnt work.: Hello! Then i booted my computer almost every Microsoft app doesnt work. I checked in Microsoft Store theres a lot of updates for Miscrosft apps. I clicked update button but "My Phone" and "Mobile data plans" and it is stuck for like 10 minutes Best regards, Andrius...