Windows 10: Alot of Softwares do not start unless in Safe Mode

Discus and support Alot of Softwares do not start unless in Safe Mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have many issues with my Windows 10 although I made a reset but still the same issue. Alot of Apps do not start, like Installers, Softwares as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mora, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Mora Win User

Alot of Softwares do not start unless in Safe Mode

Hello, I have many issues with my Windows 10 although I made a reset but still the same issue. Alot of Apps do not start, like Installers, Softwares as Visual Studio and stuff. And also windows-tools such as Task Manager, Add or Remove windows features. All of these do not work properly, they do not start at all. But when I boot into safe mode, everything goes perfect. I tried to remove all Start Up apps and stuff but actually no result.
    Morever, My games are corrupted overtime. Like after Install them with 1 day or 2 days they get corrupted and I got to re-install them and it often happens. Also happens with some apps like Mozila FireFox. I get the "Couldn't load XPCOM" error and I would have to re-install it but a few hours later I may get the same error. How do I stop everything from screwing up like this please?

:)

Mora, Jun 2, 2017

2. Windows 10 won't start unless in standard safe mode.

Sorry, I wiped the computer using the recovery discs and then reinstalled windows 10 during the free update period.

Thundrakion, Jun 2, 2017
  3. Windows 10 won't start unless in standard safe mode.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I’m sorry to know that Windows 10 will start only in safe mode. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
    Don’t worry, I'll be happy to assist you with this.

I would suggest you to follow few troubleshooting steps and check if that help you in fixing the issue on your computer.

Method 1:

You can try performing a Full PC scan using Microsoft Safety Scanner and check if your computer is infected with any viruses and remove the threats from your computer.

Click on the link below to download the MSERT scanner tool.

Safety Scanner - Windows Defender Security Intelligence

a. Click on Download and save the
    msert
    tool on to your desktop.

b. Once the download is complete
    right click
    on msert file and select Run as administrator.

c. Follow on screen instructions and perform a
    Full computer
    scan.

Method 2: Perform Clean boot on your computer.

Clean Boot- We can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps
    eliminate software conflicts. Here is the link for your reference to perform clean boot and check if that helps.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup
    after fixing the issue.

Please feel free to contact us, if you need any further help we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Vijaya Kumari 1, Jun 2, 2017
  4. Alot of Softwares do not start unless in Safe Mode

TairikuOkami, Jun 2, 2017
  5. ddgm91 Win User
    I would hazard a guess that you could have a virus or malware.

ddgm91, Jun 2, 2017
  6. Mora Win User
  7. Mora Win User
    Mora, Jun 2, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste these commands:

1) winver (in the pop up view the windows version and build and post into the forum)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) chkdsk /scan

Right click on the top bar of the administrator command prompt box, then left click edit, then left click select all, then right click the top bar again, then left click edit, then left click copy, then paste into the forum.

zbook, Jun 3, 2017
  9. Mora Win User
  10. Mora Win User
    Winver:
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

SFC:

DISM:

CHKDSK:

11. zbook New Member
    The operating system and the drive scan results are fine. A chkdsk /x /f /r can find problems with the drive files that are not detected by chkdsk /scan.

The operating system that you are using is 1607 and at sometime you may be surprised with questions about your privacy and then have the 1703 update.

After the above troubleshooting studies the problems may be found.
    Plan to run the memtest86+ version 5 overnight to make at least 8 runs.
    Plan to run chkdsk /x /f /r overnight to as it may take many hours to complete.

You can plan an upgrade after the above tests or a repair to see if it can fix the problems that you are experiencing.

The upgrade can be done from windows update but see if you can find a flash drive that you are able to format.
    Create a bootable windows 10 iso. This will allow you in the future to repair the operating system with an in place upgrade or perform a clean install. It also can be used on multiple computers.

Download Windows 10

Have you compared clean boot to safe mode? See what you can do with the various software programs in clean boot. If there is success in clean boot we may be able to fix the problems.

How to perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...oot-in-windows

zbook, Jun 4, 2017
  12. Mora Win User
    I updated and performed a clean boot and everything seems smooth and at it's best state! Also the other checks I did above also helped alot. The PC is gr8 right now. However, I still got an issue with Visual Studio 2017. It only works in safe mode. I asked for the issue before on MSDN and after I figured out it works only in safe mode they told me fix it yourself lol:

13. zbook New Member

There are a lot of third party software that can be used with visual studio. It is the third party software that was turned off by placing the computer in clean boot.

The third party software that has been turned off on boot can be identified. You then have choices such as
    1) always leaving the computer in clean boot
    2) placing the computer in selective startup with only the misbehaving software off on boot
    3) uninstalling and reinstalling the software to see if performance will improve
    4) uninstalling the third party software.

If these third party software are identified then they could be uninstalled and you then could check the performance of using visual studio when not in safe mode.

zbook, Jun 6, 2017
  14. Unkn0wn Win User
    My idea would be to reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ to the newest version from the official site: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...al-c-downloads
    As well as repairing the older versions on your personal computer.

Other option would be to install the latest .NET package : Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 from Official Microsoft Download Center
    As well as reinstalling the older ones in place.

If none of these work you could set to run as Administrator and check the windows error report if there is anything in conflict with it running. (Event Viewer screenshot).

Unkn0wn, Jun 6, 2017
  15. Mora Win User
    Thanks Dude so MUCH IT FINALLY STARTED AFTER MONTHS OF TRYING TO FIX IT!

Thema:

1. Alot of Softwares do not start unless in Safe Mode - Similar Threads - Alot Softwares start

2. Can’t start in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t start in safe mode: Windows10 will not load and can not repair itself. Instructions read for stopcode does not work as no option to start safe mode is listed in the advanced solutions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-in-safe-mode/dce7121f-310b-4482-b28e-b67a5737af20
  3. How do I start windows in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I start windows in safe mode?: When I reset my computer it gave me an error saying 'the user profile service failed the sign-in' and then kicks me back out to the lock screen. I have tried to go into the startup settings which makes you reset the computer to unlock but every time I hit reset it just...
  4. How do I start windows in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I start windows in safe mode?: When I reset my computer it gave me an error saying 'the user profile service failed the sign-in' and then kicks me back out to the lock screen. I have tried to go into the startup settings which makes you reset the computer to unlock but every time I hit reset it just...
  5. How do I start windows in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Win10 starts to safe mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 starts to safe mode.: After uninstalling the trial versions of antivirus ESET IS (with FW), win10 (v20H2 b19842.804) starts to safe mode. Probably there will be some rest of the installation that prevents normal. Although MSConfig cancels this safe mode, but only using a selective startup, or...
  7. Starting in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Starting in Safe Mode: When I attempt to restart my computer via >Settings>Update & Security>Advance Options>Recovery-Restart now when I get to the sign-in screen it does not accept the pin I use when I sign in normally. I even tried my Microsoft password and that did not work. How do I sign in...
  8. Windows fails to boot unless in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows fails to boot unless in safe mode: If I try to boot windows out of safe mode when I run something or after some time windows will crash and both my monitors will go black. When I boot in safe mode I do not get this issue. I have tried multiple things to fix this but all have resulted in failure....
  9. Windows 10 crashes frequently unless in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashes frequently unless in Safe Mode: I am having trouble with my computer more and more frequently crashing into the BSOD wall, gears and wheels go flying everywhere. Prior to this, I bemoaned the 10-20 minute wait while the little white dots danced around in a circle while Windows pondered whether it felt like...
  10. OS will now not fully load unless in 'Safe Mode'

in Windows 10 Support
    OS will now not fully load unless in 'Safe Mode': Hi to everyone from a Noob! I've been working on a friend's laptop, who wanted 'Gadgets' installing, which I did (same Gadgets that run OK on my almost identical laptop, from WinAero I believe) but since then the laptop will not run in normal mode. After signing in, the...