Windows 10: Alphabet keys not working for Custom Keyboard

Discus and support Alphabet keys not working for Custom Keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had installed a custom keyboard called 'Khojki' for the language 'Marathi'. The keyboard was built using Microsoft keyboard Layout Creator and used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Manushree Saboo, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Alphabet keys not working for Custom Keyboard

I had installed a custom keyboard called 'Khojki' for the language 'Marathi'. The keyboard was built using Microsoft keyboard Layout Creator and used to work flawlessly until I had to install it on a new windows 10 system. The keyboard gets installed correctly and is even visible on the list of keyboards for 'Marathi.'However, when I switch to that custom keyboard,there is a loud ping when I press any character key, and I am not able to type anything on the screen. We suspect it’s because the Marathi language pack for Windows can no longer have a keyboard with code points from the Khojk

:)

Manushree Saboo, Jun 10, 2021
  2. Berton Win User

Some keyboard keys stopped working after windows 10 upgrade

Has the Notebook been worked on? Do any of those keys work if holding down the Shift key? Have you used compressed air to blow out any crud that may be blocking the keys?

It's not expensive nor hard to replace the keyboard, usually can find a video or step-by-step articles on the 'net.
    Amazon shows a new keyboard:
    Amazon.com: Dell Inspiron 15 (3521 / 5521) Laptop Keyboard - YH3FC - Genuine Dell Part: Computers Accessories

Berton, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Alphabet keys not working for Custom Keyboard

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Alphabet keys not working for Custom Keyboard

1. Alphabet keys not working for Custom Keyboard - Similar Threads - Alphabet keys working

2. Custom keyboard layout no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom keyboard layout no longer working: I have a custom keyboard layout that I created through Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator for typing in the Esperanto language, using Alt Gr + Ctrl to access some characters.This was working until recently, but the Alt Gr + Ctrl no longer functions. I have tested the buttons...
  3. Intel NUC, Alphabet key dont work with any keyboard in the Windows Login Page

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Intel NUC, Alphabet key dont work with any keyboard in the Windows Login Page: Hello,Folks, I have issue with my Intel NUC Kit D54250WYK. I reset my Kit into factory settings of Windows 10 Pro. Then I managed to click and next all necessary set up. then when I'm finally in the Windows Login screen, the alphabet keys of my laptop wasnt working, I tried...
  4. Intel NUC, Alphabet key dont work with any keyboard in the Windows Login Page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel NUC, Alphabet key dont work with any keyboard in the Windows Login Page: Hello,Folks, I have issue with my Intel NUC Kit D54250WYK. I reset my Kit into factory settings of Windows 10 Pro. Then I managed to click and next all necessary set up. then when I'm finally in the Windows Login screen, the alphabet keys of my laptop wasnt working, I tried...
  5. Intel NUC, Alphabet key dont work with any keyboard in the Windows Login Page

6. Why won’t my alphabetical keys work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won’t my alphabetical keys work?: Hello, so yesterday I tried to enter my password on my laptop, and noticed that none of the alphabetical keys showed up in the password, but the numerical keys did. my laptop keys are not damaged, I’ve also tried to use the on-screen keyboard but it still won’t type in the...
  7. Why won’t my alphabetical keys work?

Why won’t my alphabetical keys work?: Hello, so yesterday I tried to enter my password on my laptop, and noticed that none of the alphabetical keys showed up in the password, but the numerical keys did. my laptop keys are not damaged, I’ve also tried to use the on-screen keyboard but it still won’t type in the...
  8. Why won’t my alphabetical keys work?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. Keyboard alphabet and numbers randomly stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard alphabet and numbers randomly stops working: Hello I have changed keyboards many times so that isn't the issue. I can't believe I couldn't find a solution for this online as it has persisted with different computers since probably 15 years ago!I use an external keyboard plugged via USB. They all work in the beginning...
  10. Keyboard alphabet and numbers randomly stops working

Keyboard alphabet and numbers randomly stops working: Hello I have changed keyboards many times so that isn't the issue. I can't believe I couldn't find a solution for this online as it has persisted with different computers since probably 15 years ago!I use an external keyboard plugged via USB. They all work in the beginning...