Windows 10: Alphabetical File Sorting Issue??

Discus and support Alphabetical File Sorting Issue?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have my game shortcuts all in one folder, and when it comes to games with sequels or expansions, the sequels are always listed before the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MisterMusty, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Alphabetical File Sorting Issue??

Alphabetical File Sorting Issue?? MvcBVlmchHEwUE-ahU0DE_N3uvUjFBglByWt7-5Z0Qo.jpg

I have my game shortcuts all in one folder, and when it comes to games with sequels or expansions, the sequels are always listed before the original. I would imagine that in the case of Bioshock, Bioshock 2 and Bioshock Infinite, they would be in that order. But Bioshock gets sorted after 2 and Infinite. Same with Half Life 2 and Episode 2 in the photo. Why does windows do this? I've never seen it do this with any of the movies or anything that I have. Is this an issue with them being shortcuts and not actual files? Just seems kind of counter-intuitive to have them sorted alphabetically backwards, but only when its the same starting title. I know its not a serious problem or anything, but it would be nice to know why this happens, or how to make it stop. Any help is appreciated, Thank you!

https://preview.redd.it/kfn2ysnjxcs...bp&s=b786001cef0e610422ef05040f4b58a53922089b

submitted by /u/MisterMusty
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MisterMusty, Oct 10, 2020

2. Favourites Folders -alphabetical sorting within each Folder

Hi Neil,

Let me provide you now the steps on how to to sort your folders in alphabetical order.

This method will allow you to arrange your favorites by alphabetical or by their numbers.

Here are the steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click on Favorites.
    • Right-click on Favorites Bar.
    • Right-click on the Favorites folder.
    • Click on Sort by, then select Name and
      Ascending

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?

Apparently not, the option is so freaking quirky!
    I have to set them in the preferred order manually as well.
    Suggest: create a List folder of your own as per screenshot (left side)

Alphabetical File Sorting Issue?? [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 10, 2020
  4. cereberus Win User

Alphabetical File Sorting Issue??

Sorting with File Explorer.

I tried the method that was complicated (3rd option) but fell over in second step as I could not find any "apply to folder button"'.

However, the simple put *.* in search bar, then sort results windows by date does the trick. It is slightly cumbersome as I have to do that each time I am selecting files (to upload to sharepoint) but a lot less hassle than I was having to scroll up and down between sorted file block and sorted folder block.

Many thanks.

M.

cereberus, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Alphabetical File Sorting Issue??

1. Alphabetical File Sorting Issue?? - Similar Threads - Alphabetical File Sorting

2. New Alphabetic Sorting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Alphabetic Sorting: Sorted by name my files in name sort are now coming up in groups such as:0-9 1A-H 10Is there any way of just showing them like they used to be, all in one continuous list?Many thanks for nay help....
  3. New Alphabetic Sorting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Alphabetic Sorting: Sorted by name my files in name sort are now coming up in groups such as:0-9 1A-H 10Is there any way of just showing them like they used to be, all in one continuous list?Many thanks for nay help....
  4. New Alphabetic Sorting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sorting files alphabetically by name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sorting files alphabetically by name in Windows 10: Files are sorted ascending by name, but shown in a weird way: 07<digit> files are below 08<letter> files though 07<letter> files are above 08<letter ones>.Is it possible to sort files which names start with numbers in a real alphabetical order?Thanks,Boris...
  6. Sorting files alphabetically by name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorting files alphabetically by name in Windows 10: Files are sorted ascending by name, but shown in a weird way: 07<digit> files are below 08<letter> files though 07<letter> files are above 08<letter ones>.Is it possible to sort files which names start with numbers in a real alphabetical order?Thanks,Boris...
  7. Sorting files alphabetically by name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Alphabetical sort of regional characters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alphabetical sort of regional characters: I have a problem in Excel, which I think originates from Windows. I need to sort a list which is "numbered" with two letters. So it means that "aa." should appear as the first item, "ab." as the second, "ac." as the third etc. Before this used to work fine, - but for some...
  9. Sort files and folders of different type alphabetically

in Windows 10 Support
    Sort files and folders of different type alphabetically: Is there a way of sorting different types and folders alphabetically together in a folder? For example :- Folder Name A PDF Name A Folder Name B PDF Name B At the moment W10 would sort these as,even though I have only checked name in the sort by field :- Folder Name A...
  10. sorting Quick Access alphabetic

in Windows 10 Support
    sorting Quick Access alphabetic: hey guys, we all (i think) use Quick Access infile explorer, right? Is there a possibility to sort the files in Quick Access alphabetic? thanks Jeff 26960