Windows 10: Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu

Discus and support Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The alphabetical listing of all apps on the start menu has disappeared and now all i have is an all apps button which then displays icons on the main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SarahFord17, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu

The alphabetical listing of all apps on the start menu has disappeared and now all i have is an all apps button which then displays icons on the main

screen and not the start menu

:)

SarahFord17, Jul 17, 2020
  2. WOT
    WOT Win User

App or Program That can Alphabetize a list

In addition to David Y's suggestion, you can also use OpenOffice Writer to sort a list alphabetically or numerically and its free!

Just place your text in a table and select sort from the Table menu:

Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu [​IMG]

Get it here:
    Apache OpenOffice - Official Download

Cheers,

3. Traijan Win User
    Is there a way to turn off the alphabet in my start menu?

Hey,
    So I generally like the W10 start menu with the exception of the alphabet soup in my all apps listings. It's making it look very cluttered and actually disorganized even though everything is obviously listed alphabetically.

Is there a way to turn off the alphabet letters and just list everything that I have in there alphabetically without needing to show me
    A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    etc...

??

Thanks

Traijan, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu

Remove alphabet from App Listing on Windows 10 Start Menu?

New isn't necessary better. With The All Apps menu we have a new case.

The All Apps menu is too BIG, requires too much space for what it offers. Characters should be adjustable in size and the A, B, C ...Alphabet letters have no sense. I think everybody knows the alphabet except Microsoft developers.

Also a functional organization, as it was possible under XP and Windows 7 is most wanted, an absolute must. An organization where the application itself is started or, if there are several choices, a sub-menu with applications and maybe new sub-menus. For
    me the preceding icon is more disturbing than helping. A switch to enable or disable that visual effect should be available.

If Microsoft really wants its alphabetical order, a switch to classify the Apps list alphabetically should only be an option because operational applications are not suited to be forced being organised alphabetically.

How can you be effective when having to search in an application list of (up to)512 entries, worser if the list would possibly become 2048 long.

I urge to get back the old-fashion but effective All Programs approach.

DominiquePACCO, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu

1. Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu - Similar Threads - Alphabetical Listing Apps

2. Issue With Start Menu Apps List

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue With Start Menu Apps List: I run Windows 10 and have an issue with the Start Menu List of Apps the list of apps/ programs in alphabetic order that appears on the left side of the screen next to the Start Tiles. Some shortcuts are contained in folders that I want to move out of the folders, place them...
  3. Customize Start Menu App List

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize Start Menu App List: Greetings, I've already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers. I have created an "Adobe" folder (below) in the Start Menu app list, to put Adobe apps in: %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe I have moved Acrobat Reader and Photoshop Elements into the...
  4. alphabetical list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alphabetical list: my alphabetical list on left side of screen has disappeared. don't know why. can't get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alphabetical-list/0387fca3-70ed-441d-8512-b9f7f6e5f7bb
  5. Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

in Browsers and Email
    Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing: Hi, i am currently working with Elitedesk 705 G3 mini and running Windows 10 Pro. I work at a prison and will be using these machines for inmate access, So I need them to be locked down completely. I have gone through the GPO and made a set for non-Admins and pretty much...
  6. Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

in Windows 10 Support
    Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing: Hi, i am currently working with Elitedesk 705 G3 mini and running Windows 10 Pro. I work at a prison and will be using these machines for inmate access, So I need them to be locked down completely. I have gone through the GPO and made a set for non-Admins and pretty much...
  7. Windows 10 start menu no longer lists apps in alphabetical list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 start menu no longer lists apps in alphabetical list: I just recently had an update which resulted in my start screen no longer display my apps in an alphabetical list. I do I recover that format ? Version 1809 of Windows 10 Build 17763.195 Thank you in advance, June...
  8. App or Program That can Alphabetize a list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App or Program That can Alphabetize a list: Hi, all. I'm looking for a program, similar to wordpad, that can put all the items listed in alphabetical order. I already have Open office installed, but there's no option that I can find in that program that has the capability I'm looking for. I've looked around on the Net,...
  9. Alphabets in my Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Alphabets in my Start menu: Hi, Curious if anybody knows of a way to turn off the Alphabet letters in the start menu. I know if I click on them they bring up all of the letters and it lets' me get to the letter in question but I've got a hyperscroll mouse so it only takes one flick to get from one...
  10. Start menu not in alphabetical order

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu not in alphabetical order: Hello, I normally organize and rename the shortcuts in the start menu (in the folder ...\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu) to shorter or more memorable names. However, my start menu is not in alphabetical order anymore. For example: I've renamed "Adobe Photoshop...