Windows 10: Alphabetical sort of regional characters

Discus and support Alphabetical sort of regional characters in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a problem in Excel, which I think originates from Windows. I need to sort a list which is "numbered" with two letters. So it means that "aa."... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JCO, Nov 22, 2020 at 11:22 AM.

1. JCO
    JCO Win User

Alphabetical sort of regional characters

I have a problem in Excel, which I think originates from Windows.

I need to sort a list which is "numbered" with two letters. So it means that "aa." should appear as the first item, "ab." as the second, "ac." as the third etc.

Before this used to work fine, - but for some reason my new PC? Excel's sort order now has changed, so the "aa." item comes last instead of first.

I believe the problem might have something to do with the fact that i my region Norway the two letters "aa" could sometimes be used as identical to the letter "å", - which is the last letter of the alphabet.

Is there any way I could tell Excel - or Windows - that it should NOT treat "aa" as "å"? I have tried looking into regional settings etc. without finding anywhere I could do it.

:)

2. Windows 10 - Folders sorting problem in chinese characters

I've try the solution given but the files with Chinese character still not sort by pinyin but the files with English alphabet are sorted ascending by name.

3. Favourites Folders -alphabetical sorting within each Folder

Hi Neil,

Let me provide you now the steps on how to to sort your folders in alphabetical order.

This method will allow you to arrange your favorites by alphabetical or by their numbers.

Here are the steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click on Favorites.
    • Right-click on Favorites Bar.
    • Right-click on the Favorites folder.
    • Click on Sort by, then select Name and
      Ascending

Let us know if you have any further questions.

4. Jan Del Win User

Windows 10 - Folders sorting problem in chinese characters

Is it possible to change the language/region of your computer and sort the file by name, and check if the Chinese character file will be sorted along with the English alphabet or only the Chinese files will sorted.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Thema:

1. Alphabetical sort of regional characters - Similar Threads - Alphabetical sort regional

2. Alphabetical File Sorting Issue??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alphabetical File Sorting Issue??: [ATTACH] I have my game shortcuts all in one folder, and when it comes to games with sequels or expansions, the sequels are always listed before the original. I would imagine that in the case of Bioshock, Bioshock 2 and Bioshock Infinite, they would be in that order. But...
  3. Sort files and folders of different type alphabetically

in Windows 10 Support
    Sort files and folders of different type alphabetically: Is there a way of sorting different types and folders alphabetically together in a folder? For example :- Folder Name A PDF Name A Folder Name B PDF Name B At the moment W10 would sort these as,even though I have only checked name in the sort by field :- Folder Name A...
  4. Windows explorer sorting in REVERSE alphabetical order.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows explorer sorting in REVERSE alphabetical order.: For a few days I can't remember when I last restarted or updated my PC, my file explorer has been sorting the contents of my folders wrong. It correctly places files before folders when I sort by NAME>Descending, but the file and folder names are in reverse alphabetical...
  5. DOES WORDPAD SORT ALPHABETICALLY?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DOES WORDPAD SORT ALPHABETICALLY?: DOES WORDPAD SORT ALPHABETICALLY? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-wordpad-sort-alphabetically/e163ac1e-8269-4faf-a736-1d400d235f93"
  6. How Does Windows Sort Alphabetically?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Does Windows Sort Alphabetically?: So there are lots of unicode characters that Windows will allow you to use in your file and folder names. However, how does Windows determine how they're sorted? Take the following example of a huge number of folders named with different characters: [img] How exactly is...
  7. Chinese alphabet characters on taskbar popup calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chinese alphabet characters on taskbar popup calendar: Can anyone tell me how to get rid of these Chinese fonts on the taskbar calendar, please? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-alphabet-characters-on-taskbar-popup/565a004a-c9aa-4f47-bb80-c1ef92877f24
  8. Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?: This has been a long standing issue for me in Windows 10 so I am wondering if there is a trick or some 3rd party program that will allow you to sort a section of tiles alphabetically like you would do with a folder in explorer. For example, I have a tile folder called Games...
  9. How to sort desktop icons alphabetically?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to sort desktop icons alphabetically?: . In my normal user account, I sort desktop icons by name. It's clear that there are actually two groups of icons. The first group (after Recycle bin) starts with CCleaner and ends with VLC Media Player. These are the same icons that I see in my Administrator acccount....
  10. sorting Quick Access alphabetic

in Windows 10 Support
    sorting Quick Access alphabetic: hey guys, we all (i think) use Quick Access infile explorer, right? Is there a possibility to sort the files in Quick Access alphabetic? thanks Jeff 26960