Windows 10: Alphabetically arrange folder thumbnails?

Discus and support Alphabetically arrange folder thumbnails? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Anyone know of a setting/hack/freeware that will alphabetically arrange the folder thumbnails displayed on clickiing the FE icon? [img] I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terrypin, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Terrypin Win User

Alphabetically arrange folder thumbnails?

Anyone know of a setting/hack/freeware that will alphabetically arrange the folder thumbnails displayed on clickiing the FE icon?

Alphabetically arrange folder thumbnails? [​IMG]

I think they are currently arranged by order of opening. Sometimes I have 15-20 open and quickly locating the one I need can be tricky. Especially if similar names are not fully visible, e.g. USA2016 GPX, USA2016 Photos, etc.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

:)

Terrypin, Sep 11, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

File Folder ahead in sort by ''Name''

When sort by name is selected, Windows File Explorer always shows Folders alphabetically and then Files alphabetically, this is the way it has always been arranged . . .

DaveM121, Sep 11, 2017
  3. Icon Shortcuts in my Desktop Folders Auto-arrange in Alphabetical Order. Don't Want This.

I refer to Icons in Folders only.

They are arranging automatically into alphabetical order, despite the fact that I do not tick anything in View.

I open the folder, move the icons where I want them to be; close the folder; then when I open the folder, there they are in alphabetical order again (nothing ticked in View).

MichaelParker3, Sep 11, 2017
  4. Terrypin Win User

In case anyone else ends up here with a similar requirement:

A reply in one of the newsgroups to which I simultaneously posted led me to Taskbar Tweaker" (7+ Taskbar Tweaker - RaMMicHaeL's Blog). That also has a Taskbar Inspector with a Sort group items option. After applying that setting the pop-up folder thumbnails are sorted alphabetically. But as soon as another folder is opened (which I do frequently) it gets placed on the extreme right.

So far I don't see a way to make the re-sort automatic. As a last resort I should be able to write a macro to open Task Inspector and simulate the couple of mouse clicks, but ...

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Sep 12, 2017
Thema:

1. Alphabetically arrange folder thumbnails? - Similar Threads - Alphabetically arrange folder

2. Folder thumbnails on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder thumbnails on taskbar?: Have File Explorer folders always been displayed like this? So that the full names cannot be identified when their current width is narrow? [img] Terry, East Grinstead, UK 135755
  3. Folder Thumbnails not loading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Thumbnails not loading: So my folder thumbnails dont load and i see this instead of some of the pictures that are in the folder i see this [ATTACH] i did disk cleanup for thumbnails restarted my pc and then i could see the thumbnails in This Pc > Pictures but the subfolders still dont load but...
  4. Windows 10 Folder Alphabetization Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Folder Alphabetization Issue: Hi all, I am having an issue with the way Windows 10 alphabetizes files in folders in Windows 10. If you were to alphabetize the following file names, how would you do it? 001 01A 002 00A If you're like me, you would arrange them in this order: 001,002,00A,01A....
  5. Help with arranging documents in a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with arranging documents in a folder: Hello, I have a few folders on my computer that I want to custom sort the word documents in them. I noticed there is a long list of different ways to sort documents in a folder, but I am not sure what most of them mean, or how to edit that option so they list the way I...
  6. Folder thumbnails not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder thumbnails not working.: As I am creating new folders and dragging files into it the folder is not creating a thumbnail preview. Is my thumbnail cache corrupt? Would like to apply the right fix rather than an unnecessary one or one that makes things worse... [img] 97934
  7. Can't arrange folders by date

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't arrange folders by date: This seems like an easy one at first but not for me. I get play memories to download my photo's from my camera to the computer and it stores them all in a folder called camera photos. When looking at the sperate folders arranged by the date they are all out of order. I have...
  8. Windows Explorer folder arrangement

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer folder arrangement: Hi- I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and when I am viewing my photo library in Windows Explorer, I can no longer get the photos grouped by month. The "sort by" and "group by" menus are identical (name, date, type, size, ascending, descending, more) as opposed to how it was...
  9. Arrange the pinned Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Arrange the pinned Folders: Hello,This is a quick question here (thanks). I just wanna ask how can I arrange my selected folders when I right-click the "File Explorer" in the taskar of Win 10 Pro? I usually can arrange them in Win 8.1 Pro but in Win 10 I can't move them. Can they be moved like...
  10. Music folder 'arrange by' function

in Windows 10 Support
    Music folder 'arrange by' function: Hello, There is a great feature in win7 explorer that you can arrange your music in the music folder by a few options such as albums, genre and artist. There is a way to get it again in win10 explorer? Example: [img] 16322