Windows 10: Alps driver update for Alps Pointing-device keeps coming up

Discus and support Alps driver update for Alps Pointing-device keeps coming up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good day. This is driving me crazy. Windows update is supposedly finding this update every time I run WU. Computer is a Toshiba Satellite laptop model... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by eLPuSHeR, Feb 5, 2019.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

Alps driver update for Alps Pointing-device keeps coming up

Good day.

This is driving me crazy. Windows update is supposedly finding this update every time I run WU.
    Computer is a Toshiba Satellite laptop model C55D A-14E that is working fine with w10 v1809 [17763.292]
    Alps touchpad current driver is v8.100.303.509 (2013) which is working fine too.

Is there any way to stop WU from downloading this supposed update every reboot? This is frigging annoying.

PS - I checked Toshiba support and the only driver I could find is the same one, same version.

:)

eLPuSHeR, Feb 5, 2019
  2. Rudyboy Win User

Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi Eeshwar,

Thanks for getting back to me. I ran the Windows Update troubleshooter first. I selected run as Administrator and it told me that the updater needed to be reconfigured. So I let it do that. After it completed, I opened the updater and it told me that the
    system is up to date.

Next I opened the Device Manager to see what happened with the pending drivers. The Alps driver had been replaced by the Synaptics and in the printer section the Canon is listed as an unknown device.

The Touchpad was still using the Alps driver btw because it was loaded already and I did not reboot yet. The device status of the touchpad: works ok and a reboot is required. So I rebooted. (In the update history I have the Synaptics driver updated today
    and the Canon even twice today.)

Next I uninstalled and removed the ALPs driver and the Synaptics driver and installed the Alps driver as suggested by selecting search my computer and selecting the required driver and rebooted.

After the reboot the touchpad still uses the Alps driver so at first glance the problem seems solved, but it is not because in the Windows Updater I have 2 pending updates again the Synaptics driver and the Cannon driver.

So let me know what else I can do.

Thanks

Rudyboy, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Rudyboy Win User
    Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi Vidyaranjan,

Thanks for the link. I downloaded and ran the tool. I hid the pending driver updates. So after rebooting again I am still on the ALPS driver. So in a way it sort of fixes the problem but it does not feel like it.

The question remains why Windows keeps installing the same driver over and over again.

Another observation the tool lists 3 pending driver updates.

• Samsung CLP-310 printer driver
    • Canon MP-270 printer driver
    • Synaptics SMBus Touchpad driver
    The Windows Updater only lists 2 pending drivers. It does not list the Samsung driver. The other two are still listed so it looks like they are not hidden.

The 2 printers have something in common they are both remote printers. So not physically connected to my laptop. (Network printers).

It looks like the Windows Updater has problem keeping track of a printer driver that was installed for a remote printer.

To me identifying the ALPS Touchpad as a Synaptics without any way to revert back to the ALPS driver is a bug in the Windows Updater and or installer.

Like I said it sort of fixes the issue for now, so I will vote your answer as helpful, but would appreciate an answer if the repeated installs will be fixed or if there is a better way I can fix the Touchpad driver issue.

Rudyboy, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Jay_S_B Win User

alps driver error

Find correct driver for Windows version Or

- opened up task manager

- killed all applications relating to ALPs pointer

- opened up service stop and disable the ALPs service

- Delete the APLs folder under C:\Program Files

- Restart PC

Jay_S_B, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Alps driver update for Alps Pointing-device keeps coming up - Similar Threads - Alps driver update

2. Alps Electric HIDClass Driver doesn't update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alps Electric HIDClass Driver doesn't update: I have a trust mouse with dongle, and everytime I plug it in my HP Zbook Studio G3 it clicks the mouse at random intervals.Easy fix: update the driver. I saw that there indeed was a driver update for Alps Electric - HID, which is for mouse, but every time I update it, it...
  3. Alps Electric HIDClass Driver doesn't update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alps Electric HIDClass Driver doesn't update: I have a trust mouse with dongle, and everytime I plug it in my HP Zbook Studio G3 it clicks the mouse at random intervals.Easy fix: update the driver. I saw that there indeed was a driver update for Alps Electric - HID, which is for mouse, but every time I update it, it...
  4. Murder In The Alps - Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Murder In The Alps - Update: I have been playing Murder in the Alps for a while. But today when I started it up, I got the message "To continue playing you need to update the game." So I click "Update", and it goes to the Microsoft store, where the only option is "Play" there is no "Update" option. I...
  5. murder in the alps

in Windows 10 Customization
    murder in the alps: murder in the alps server not responding at home screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/murder-in-the-alps/d734df39-0f96-4bc8-8c68-c373ebc40080
  6. ALPS pointing device driver: Apoint2k

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ALPS pointing device driver: Apoint2k: The driver Apoint2K prevents Windows 10 from opening, and also from closing ! What can I do about it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alps-pointing-device-driver-apoint2k/ff671ddf-d553-43ce-a508-6f55292aad7d
  7. ALPS Touchpad problems

ALPS Touchpad problems: Hi All, I've spent the best part of today trying to solve this problem and I'm having absolutely no luck so far. Basically the touchpad on my Toshiba Portege Z30-A has started malfunctioning since windows did an update last night. The cursor keeps drifting up to the top...
  8. Windows10 updates & installs ALPS pointing device driver every day

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows10 updates & installs ALPS pointing device driver every day: I'd appreciate some help. Ever since the Big Windows 10 update nearly two weeks ago, the automatic updates history shows that Windows is updating and installing the ALPS pointing device driver once a day, nearly every single day. Obviously this is a bug. I don't get any...
  9. Alps Touchpad

Alps Touchpad: Has anyone found a driver that works for the Alps Touchpad? 2848
  10. Alps Touchpad Drivers Not Showing Up.. Nothing Shows In Device Manager

Alps Touchpad Drivers Not Showing Up.. Nothing Shows In Device Manager: so, i got Windows 10 immediately once it was available.. even prior to that my touchpad was going in and out, like sometimes it sticks and doesnt work, but rubbing on it with a little force got it back and it'd be fine for hours or however long. btw i have a Dell Inspiron...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. synaptics - mouse - 9/19/2018

2. Apls setmousemonitorerror