Windows 10: ALPS pointing device driver: Apoint2k

Discus and support ALPS pointing device driver: Apoint2k in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The driver Apoint2K prevents Windows 10 from opening, and also from closing ! What can I do about it ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by birgerrud, Mar 18, 2019.

1. birgerrud Win User

ALPS pointing device driver: Apoint2k

The driver Apoint2K prevents Windows 10 from opening,

and also from closing !

What can I do about it ?

:)

birgerrud, Mar 18, 2019

2. synaptics Pointing Device Driver

Try Uninstalling your device first, restart and then Install again.

Step 1:

• Open device manager by right clicking This PC and select Manage. On the left pane, click the same.
    • Under Mouse and pointing devices, right click the synaptics driver and click Uninstall.
    Step 2:

Restart when prompted. Remember, Restart!

Step 3:

Install the synaptics driver again using the setup utility provided by the manufacturer

Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 18, 2019
  3. Rudyboy Win User
    Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi Eeshwar,

Thanks for getting back to me. I ran the Windows Update troubleshooter first. I selected run as Administrator and it told me that the updater needed to be reconfigured. So I let it do that. After it completed, I opened the updater and it told me that the
    system is up to date.

Next I opened the Device Manager to see what happened with the pending drivers. The Alps driver had been replaced by the Synaptics and in the printer section the Canon is listed as an unknown device.

The Touchpad was still using the Alps driver btw because it was loaded already and I did not reboot yet. The device status of the touchpad: works ok and a reboot is required. So I rebooted. (In the update history I have the Synaptics driver updated today
    and the Canon even twice today.)

Next I uninstalled and removed the ALPs driver and the Synaptics driver and installed the Alps driver as suggested by selecting search my computer and selecting the required driver and rebooted.

After the reboot the touchpad still uses the Alps driver so at first glance the problem seems solved, but it is not because in the Windows Updater I have 2 pending updates again the Synaptics driver and the Cannon driver.

So let me know what else I can do.

Thanks

Rudyboy, Mar 18, 2019
  4. ALPS pointing device driver: Apoint2k

Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

ALPS pointing device driver: Apoint2k

1. ALPS pointing device driver: Apoint2k - Similar Threads - ALPS pointing device

2. Alps Electric HIDClass Driver doesn't update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alps Electric HIDClass Driver doesn't update: I have a trust mouse with dongle, and everytime I plug it in my HP Zbook Studio G3 it clicks the mouse at random intervals.Easy fix: update the driver. I saw that there indeed was a driver update for Alps Electric - HID, which is for mouse, but every time I update it, it...
  3. Problem with Synaptics pointing device driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Synaptics pointing device driver: I have an older HP Elitebook laptop with Synaptics pointing device. The problem is that the Synaptics program does not start automaticly when the compures boots. Then the touchpad reacts to touches as if I would click the key and so I accidentally delete messages etc. I have...
  4. Problem with Synaptics pointing device driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Synaptics pointing device driver: I have an older HP Elitebook laptop with Synaptics pointing device. The problem is that the Synaptics program does not start automaticly when the compures boots. Then the touchpad reacts to touches as if I would click the key and so I accidentally delete messages etc. I have...
  5. Problem with Synaptics pointing device driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Synaptics Pointing Device Driver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Synaptics Pointing Device Driver: Ostatnio kliknąłem w plik nazywał się: "main.exe" program Po kliknięciu nic się nie stało, ale zauważyłem że opis, firma to Synaptic, a opisie było: "Synaptisc Point Device Driver" Od tego mój moment komputer bardzo się ścina. Wyszukałem co to jest i ponoć jest to wirus,...
  7. Synaptics Pointing Device Driver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Synaptics Pointing Device Driver: Recently I was getting a process in the taskmgr, called 'Synaptics Pointing Device Driver'. I have no idea what is it, plus i don't think I have anything related to Synaptics. My files are also getting infected with it. If I run an infected file, it will create a file...
  8. Alps driver update for Alps Pointing-device keeps coming up

Alps driver update for Alps Pointing-device keeps coming up: Good day. This is driving me crazy. Windows update is supposedly finding this update every time I run WU. Computer is a Toshiba Satellite laptop model C55D A-14E that is working fine with w10 v1809 [17763.292] Alps touchpad current driver is v8.100.303.509 (2013) which is...
  9. Windows10 updates & installs ALPS pointing device driver every day

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows10 updates & installs ALPS pointing device driver every day: I'd appreciate some help. Ever since the Big Windows 10 update nearly two weeks ago, the automatic updates history shows that Windows is updating and installing the ALPS pointing device driver once a day, nearly every single day. Obviously this is a bug. I don't get any...
  10. Alps Touchpad Drivers Not Showing Up.. Nothing Shows In Device Manager

Alps Touchpad Drivers Not Showing Up.. Nothing Shows In Device Manager: so, i got Windows 10 immediately once it was available.. even prior to that my touchpad was going in and out, like sometimes it sticks and doesnt work, but rubbing on it with a little force got it back and it'd be fine for hours or however long. btw i have a Dell Inspiron...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. external pointing device

2. v8.100.303.509 (2013)