Windows 10: ALPS set mouse monitor error

Discus and support ALPS set mouse monitor error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, There was an obsolete thread which were 2 post posted 1-2 years ago about the ALPS_set mouse monitor error!! People responded by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jono Chen, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Jono Chen Win User

ALPS set mouse monitor error

Hi guys,

There was an obsolete thread which were 2 post posted 1-2 years ago about the

ALPS_set mouse monitor error!!

People responded by running a 'Hardware and Devices' troubleshooting step which does not work anymore because Windows has removed it. The second one was the uninstall all the drivers and then to restart the computer, however this does not reset the laptop's original OEM trackpad drivers. People either still didn't get the issue resolved or no one replied.

My issue was caused by accidently downloading Lenovo ALPS touchpad drivers from https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/au/en/...yoga-series/yoga-710-15isk/downloads/ds112960 by manually picking drivers to download, in this case the one that caused the issue was one called Apfiltr.inf in the driver package. I don't know how to revert back to the original drivers and make the trackpad work again. The trackpad has not worked since I downloaded these drivers. I've realised that the Device Manager contained three 'HID-Compliant Mouse' and after I downloaded the wrong faulty driver, only two are present. I believe it is the ALPS driver that is missing. However, the trackpad still does recognise whenever i place my finger, just can't move the mouse pointer or click on anything, because my keyboard backlight lights up when I place my finger on the trackpad.

Please reply as soon as possible and provide the necessary information only to solve this issue. I have a School Dell Latitude 5280. Just want to get the trackpad working again.

I have also been wondering if there is a way to download Windows precision drivers on an ALPS trackpad? Because this was how I got to this error, by trying to install what I thought was precision driver upgrades for ALPS trackpads.

Thanks guys,

Regards, Jono

:)

Jono Chen, Apr 18, 2019
  2. krassark Win User

Hi!

After the update in Win10 I have trouble using keyboard and touchpad (they do not work at all) on lenovo U31-70. Tried reinstalling/update the drivers, nothing. It gives me the "ALPS set mouse monitor error!! " error.

Could anybody help me?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

krassark, Apr 18, 2019
  3. ALPS set mouse monitor error

danielgeva, Apr 18, 2019
  4. ALPS set mouse monitor error

Alps driver has found IOCIL - error : 320

Hi David,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

This Error message means that you have a corrupt driver or the hardware has failed. Alps make the touch mouse on most laptops and if the touch mouse shorted out then the driver will fail to install.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

a. Press “Windows key + W”.

b. Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

c. Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

d. Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.

e. Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2:

Un-install and re-install touch pad drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Step 1: un-install the drivers:

Follow these steps.

a. Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.

b. Select Device Manager.

c. Find and double-click Touchpad Driver from the left panel to uninstall

d. Right-click the device, and click
    Uninstall.

e. Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
    OK to remove the driver.

f. After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Step 2: Download the latest touchpad drivers from manufacturer’s website and install on your PC.

The issue you are facing with Apps and Settings, I suggest you to create a new User Account on your system and check if it helps.

Here are the steps:

• Search for Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select
      Family and other users
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

1. ALPS set mouse monitor error - Similar Threads - ALPS set mouse

2. mouse settings with dual monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse settings with dual monitors: Windows 10 system. I use two monitors and routinely move the cursor from one to the other. Recently upgraded to Norton Ultimate and the mouse pointer will now not move smoothly from one monitor to the other. Also, the display locations seem to reset the opposite of the actual...
  3. mouse settings with dual monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse settings with dual monitors: Windows 10 system. I use two monitors and routinely move the cursor from one to the other. Recently upgraded to Norton Ultimate and the mouse pointer will now not move smoothly from one monitor to the other. Also, the display locations seem to reset the opposite of the actual...
  4. mouse settings with dual monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Murder in the Alps Game

Murder in the Alps Game: Has anyone else received free 500 energy on this game. Today I have received 2500 added energy which I didn't purchase. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/murder-in-the-alps-game/1004c0b5-405e-4ea0-ba4c-db73ed272323
  6. Murder In The Alps - Update

Murder In The Alps - Update: I have been playing Murder in the Alps for a while. But today when I started it up, I got the message "To continue playing you need to update the game." So I click "Update", and it goes to the Microsoft store, where the only option is "Play" there is no "Update" option. I...
  7. murder in the alps

murder in the alps: murder in the alps server not responding at home screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/murder-in-the-alps/d734df39-0f96-4bc8-8c68-c373ebc40080
  8. Alps driver update for Alps Pointing-device keeps coming up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alps driver update for Alps Pointing-device keeps coming up: Good day. This is driving me crazy. Windows update is supposedly finding this update every time I run WU. Computer is a Toshiba Satellite laptop model C55D A-14E that is working fine with w10 v1809 [17763.292] Alps touchpad current driver is v8.100.303.509 (2013) which is...
  9. ALPS Touchpad problems

ALPS Touchpad problems: Hi All, I've spent the best part of today trying to solve this problem and I'm having absolutely no luck so far. Basically the touchpad on my Toshiba Portege Z30-A has started malfunctioning since windows did an update last night. The cursor keeps drifting up to the top...
  10. Alps Touchpad

Alps Touchpad: Has anyone found a driver that works for the Alps Touchpad? 2848

Users found this page by searching for:

1. alps set mouse monitor error

2. alps_set mouse monitor error windows 10

3. alps mouse monitor error

4. alps setmouse monitor,
  5. Alps_SetMouseMonitor Error!!,
  6. alpset mouse monitor failed