Windows 10: ALPS Touchpad problems

Discus and support ALPS Touchpad problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All, I've spent the best part of today trying to solve this problem and I'm having absolutely no luck so far. Basically the touchpad on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LaKIR, Nov 15, 2018.

1. LaKIR Win User

ALPS Touchpad problems

Hi All,

I've spent the best part of today trying to solve this problem and I'm having absolutely no luck so far.

Basically the touchpad on my Toshiba Portege Z30-A has started malfunctioning since windows did an update last night. The cursor keeps drifting up to the top right hand corner of the screen. When I restart my computer it stops for a few minutes but then starts to drift, getting steadily faster in its drift until I can no longer pull the cursor down from its corner.

So far I have tried installing a new version of the driver. I've tried installing an old version of the driver. I've uninstalled the update from last night. I've wiped and reset my whole system. I've spent hours trawling various forums and help pages, the Toshiba site, and the ALPS site.

The only thing I've managed to do to regain control of my cursor is to enable the setting that disables the touchpad when a usb mouse is connected. This is fine -ish- for now but I'm a freelancer who is often out and about and relies heavily on the portability of my laptop and therefore use the touchpad a LOT.

Is the actual touchpad kaput?

Can anyone help me? I'm not a tech pro when it comes to these kind of things but I can follow detailed instructions.

Thanks

:)

LaKIR, Nov 15, 2018
  2. waffler Win User
    waffler, Nov 15, 2018
  3. x50v Win User
    Alps Touchpad

Has anyone found a driver that works for the Alps Touchpad?

4. AOS9695 Win User

ALPS Touchpad problems

Alps touchpad double click does not work.

Original title: alps touchpad double finger click

I have lenovo laptop y700 with alps touchpad

The double finger click is not working although it is enabled are there any way to fix it !

AOS9695, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

ALPS Touchpad problems

1. ALPS Touchpad problems - Similar Threads - ALPS Touchpad problems

2. touchpad problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad problem: so my touchpad just works and then stops working out of nowhere, i updated the driver drivers but nothing got fixed. pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-problem/5b94b760-cf52-47b2-8dc9-6c1816081d2b
  3. Murder in the Alps Game

in Windows 10 Customization
    Murder in the Alps Game: Has anyone else received free 500 energy on this game. Today I have received 2500 added energy which I didn't purchase. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/murder-in-the-alps-game/1004c0b5-405e-4ea0-ba4c-db73ed272323
  4. Murder In The Alps - Update

Murder In The Alps - Update: I have been playing Murder in the Alps for a while. But today when I started it up, I got the message "To continue playing you need to update the game." So I click "Update", and it goes to the Microsoft store, where the only option is "Play" there is no "Update" option. I...
  5. murder in the alps

murder in the alps: murder in the alps server not responding at home screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/murder-in-the-alps/d734df39-0f96-4bc8-8c68-c373ebc40080
  6. Alps driver update for Alps Pointing-device keeps coming up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alps driver update for Alps Pointing-device keeps coming up: Good day. This is driving me crazy. Windows update is supposedly finding this update every time I run WU. Computer is a Toshiba Satellite laptop model C55D A-14E that is working fine with w10 v1809 [17763.292] Alps touchpad current driver is v8.100.303.509 (2013) which is...
  7. Touchpad Problem

Touchpad Problem: Hi. I don't have a Touchpad setting. What will I do. Please help me. My laptop's unit is Aspire E 14 E5-411[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-problem/fdfca3db-ca0a-4d58-b00c-207032ba3fe6
  8. Dell Vostro 1720 Alps Touchpad won't work with Windows 10

Dell Vostro 1720 Alps Touchpad won't work with Windows 10: Hi, I have reset my Dell Vostro 1720 laptop and re-installed Windows 10 but it is saying the driver for the Alps Touchpad is incompatible with Windows 10, does anybody know where I can find a compatible driver? It worked fine when I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 but since...
  9. Alps Touchpad

Alps Touchpad: Has anyone found a driver that works for the Alps Touchpad? 2848
  10. Alps Touchpad Drivers Not Showing Up.. Nothing Shows In Device Manager

Alps Touchpad Drivers Not Showing Up.. Nothing Shows In Device Manager: so, i got Windows 10 immediately once it was available.. even prior to that my touchpad was going in and out, like sometimes it sticks and doesnt work, but rubbing on it with a little force got it back and it'd be fine for hours or however long. btw i have a Dell Inspiron...