Windows 10: Already own an app that is in the Microsoft store that I bought on steam anyway to activate it?

Discus and support Already own an app that is in the Microsoft store that I bought on steam anyway to activate it? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I bought a drawing application called Krita on Steam,not realising that it it was also available on the Microsoft store however considering the funds... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Eoin Rasmussen, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Already own an app that is in the Microsoft store that I bought on steam anyway to activate it?

I bought a drawing application called Krita on Steam,not realising that it it was also available on the Microsoft store however considering the funds should still be going back to the company its a verified application so where it was purchased should be irrelevant right? Regardless the .KRA files weren't recognised (could still be opened but had to be in the program first) and I was prompted to open the Microsoft store toe remedy this where I then discovered that the app existed on the store. This is more of an ease of access issue but does anyone know if the application can be "activated" from your windows account as I don't want to buy the app again as I already own it.

Any info is appreciated.

:)

Eoin Rasmussen, Jan 14, 2019
  2. Gasaraki Win User

Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Look... the Steam app "violates" the App Store rules because Apple is coming out with something similar. You can't have a competitor operating in your own App Store.

Wat? Steam app is mostly Windows already. They don't need a Windows 10 app. Windows S is dead, you mean Windows 10 in S mode? S mode is for locked down environments like schools, demos, low spec computers, etc.

Don't know how we got to talking about Steam on Microsoft Store...

Gasaraki, Jan 14, 2019
  3. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Already own an app that is in the Microsoft store that I bought on steam anyway to activate it?

Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

it seems similar: a store with competitors services in it.

huguberhart, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Already own an app that is in the Microsoft store that I bought on steam anyway to activate it?

1. Already own an app that is in the Microsoft store that I bought on steam anyway to activate it? - Similar Threads - Already own app

2. I recently bought an activation key, but not from the Microsoft website is there anyway...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently bought an activation key, but not from the Microsoft website is there anyway...: It’s there a way I can find if it’s legit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-bought-an-activation-key-but-not-from/eddbf80f-be08-4661-9072-037d6c543a58
  3. I recently bought an activation key, but not from the Microsoft website is there anyway...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently bought an activation key, but not from the Microsoft website is there anyway...: It’s there a way I can find if it’s legit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-bought-an-activation-key-but-not-from/eddbf80f-be08-4661-9072-037d6c543a58
  4. Microsoft store says I already own the app HP smart but I don't.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store says I already own the app HP smart but I don't.: I owned HP smart before I reinstalled my Windows. After approximately a year I needed the app again. When I open the store and type in HP smart it says I already own the app. When I push the button to install, it does nothing. I tried the following advice I found in this...
  5. Microsoft store says I already own the app HP smart but I don't.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store says I already own the app HP smart but I don't.: I owned HP smart before I reinstalled my Windows. After approximately a year I needed the app again. When I open the store and type in HP smart it says I already own the app. When I push the button to install, it does nothing. I tried the following advice I found in this...
  6. Microsoft store says I already own the app HP smart but I don't.

7. it says i already own this app

it says i already own this app: i was gonna download the xbox app on the microsoft store but it says i already own it when i go to click install it shows a circle with a red cross in it it does this for multible other games s well someone please help...
  8. Bought a game I already own?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought a game I already own?: I bought a game on the pc Microsoft store, but when I looked in my games, it showed up twice, one saying 'modified minutes ago, and the other saying 'purchased minutes ago. the game is Minecraft starter collection, which contains the game and extras. Is this normal, or have I...
  9. Microsoft store says I don't own an app I just bought.

Microsoft store says I don't own an app I just bought.: I just bought an app in the web browser version of the Microsoft Store, but the Microsoft Store app says I don't own it. I received an email confirming that my purchase went through, but the store app does not seem to realize that. I have already tried resetting the store...
  10. Microsoft store says i already own the app

Microsoft store says i already own the app: I installed instagram app a few months back. And i didn't get notification for updates, so i uninstalled the app from Settings. There, i uninstalled the app. Later, i tried to re-install it from the Microsoft Store. It says, i already own the app and on its right there is...