Windows 10: Already resolved but still intriguing - folder can be moved, renamed, modified - but not...

Discus and support Already resolved but still intriguing - folder can be moved, renamed, modified - but not... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all, I encountered a folder which I wanted to delete, but I could not. Never seen such a thing. I already had undeletable folders which were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mr. Jack Hill, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Already resolved but still intriguing - folder can be moved, renamed, modified - but not...

Hi all, I encountered a folder which I wanted to delete, but I could not. Never seen such a thing. I already had undeletable folders which were unmovable and unmodifiable. But this one was very peculiar: I could cut it from one parent folder and move it to another. Then I moved it to a pen drive, so it was no longer an annoyance among the personal folders in my laptop. I could change its name from its longer original name to "a". This helped, because then I just used the simple command rd /s "\\?\H:\a" and it was deleted. But how come that Windows itself cannot delete a file which it allows to

:)

Mr. Jack Hill, Sep 27, 2022

2. Renaming and moving folders

What steps do you take to try and rename a folder? Have you selected it and then right clicked on it to be able to rename it?

Moving a folder, where do you want to move it and from where?

The more information you provide about what you are wanting to do and how you are trying to do it the easier it may be to help you.

If necessary use steps recorder to show us.

HoraceWiggins, Sep 27, 2022
  3. files and folders "renaming music folder to audio"

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Are you facing any issues in renaming folder?
    • When you say, "music folder does not apply anymore as a primary designation" what exactly are you referring to?
    Follow the steps below to rename folder:

• Right click on a folder which you want to rename.
    • Select Rename and enter new name for it.
    Hope this helps. Kindly get back to us with the above details to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 27, 2022
  4. Already resolved but still intriguing - folder can be moved, renamed, modified - but not...

Can't rename folder.

Hi Howard,

It is possible that the difficulty renaming your folder is due to access/account limitation or a recent change was made on your computer. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Are you getting an error message when trying to rename the folder?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the "Public" folders?

We will be waiting for your response.

Dennis Mop, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

Already resolved but still intriguing - folder can be moved, renamed, modified - but not...

1. Already resolved but still intriguing - folder can be moved, renamed, modified - but not... - Similar Threads - Already resolved still

2. can not rename a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can not rename a folder: after accidentally deleting some registry keys, something happens to my windows, here is the description:in explorer, create a folder, and type a new name for "new folder", after hitting "enter", an error message window shows "Can't find the specified file; make sure you...
  3. can not rename a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not rename a folder: after accidentally deleting some registry keys, something happens to my windows, here is the description:in explorer, create a folder, and type a new name for "new folder", after hitting "enter", an error message window shows "Can't find the specified file; make sure you...
  4. can not rename a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Already resolved but still intriguing - folder can be moved, renamed, modified - but not...

Already resolved but still intriguing - folder can be moved, renamed, modified - but not...: Hi all, I encountered a folder which I wanted to delete, but I could not. Never seen such a thing. I already had undeletable folders which were unmovable and unmodifiable. But this one was very peculiar: I could cut it from one parent folder and move it to another. Then I...
  6. Already resolved but still intriguing - folder can be moved, renamed, modified - but not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Already resolved but still intriguing - folder can be moved, renamed, modified - but not...: Hi all, I encountered a folder which I wanted to delete, but I could not. Never seen such a thing. I already had undeletable folders which were unmovable and unmodifiable. But this one was very peculiar: I could cut it from one parent folder and move it to another. Then I...
  7. Renaming and moving folders

Renaming and moving folders: When, if ever, is Microsoft going to fix the highly annoying problem that prevents folders from being moved or renamed? This has existed for some times and all kinds of "fixes" can be found on the Web but none of them work. The only fix is to do it with the Run Command, but...
  8. Can't move or rename folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move or rename folders: When I try to move or rename a folder I get Can't find the specified file. Make sure you specify the correct path and file name. It seems that right-clicking would tell windows where the folder is. When I make a new folder it comes as Folder 1, Folder 2 etc. When I...
  9. Cannot delete, move, rename folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete, move, rename folder: Hello, I am having issues with a folder which I would like to delete. However, whenever I try to do that I am told I need admin access in order to do so. Problem is, I am the admin and if I go to Properties and in the Security tab, I am not allowed to do any changes and...
  10. Can't rename or move folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't rename or move folders: Hello, After installing KB3124200 & KB3116900 updates, I'm no longer able to rename or move folders. When I try, it gives the error "Can't find the specified file". I have done sfc /scannow but it didn't help. Also, I have run default file associations registry files...