Windows 10: Alt codes 1-31 not working

Discus and support Alt codes 1-31 not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I noticed recently I cant make a smiley face (☺) by pressing alt+1. I tested other codes such as alt+0132 („) and they all work, i noticed only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SomeoneFromSomewhere, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Alt codes 1-31 not working

Hello.

I noticed recently I cant make a smiley face (☺) by pressing alt+1. I tested other codes such as alt+0132 („) and they all work, i noticed only codes 1-31 were affected. I'm using Windows 10 home on an Acer laptop.
    Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Best regards.

:)

SomeoneFromSomewhere, Nov 17, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Little Alt Code Utility

It does do that, mlee. All buttons have tooltips with the alt code and a description listed in it.

The masculine ordinal number in Spanish, Italian and Portugese? I'm not even sure what it is for ... lol

Kreij, Nov 17, 2019
  3. No Alt codes working

Hello airfixalex,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Does the issue happens to all applications?
    • Please check if the NumLock is turn on. Also, try using another keyboard and check if the Alt codes are working.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Alt codes 1-31 not working

No Alt codes working

I've found that no alt codes appear to be working using either left or right alt keys. I tried a few things suggested by an answer to a similar question ( ALT Codes Not Working
    ) which has made absolutely no difference.

Other than Alt codes the alt buttons both work normally, likewise with the numpad.

airfixalex, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Alt codes 1-31 not working

1. Alt codes 1-31 not working - Similar Threads - Alt codes working

2. Alt Codes not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt Codes not working: I try to do alt code, they dont work. Even after I go to regedit and make a new string thing... HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-codes-not-working/83e337dd-5f17-48fa-9d26-892c1d8eea36
  3. Alt codes for special characters not working

Alt codes for special characters not working: I have a new Lenovo Yoga 530 with Windows 10. My keyboard doesn't have a numpad on the right hand side. Alt codes for special characters are not working in document apps or any other text input area in a web browser etc. I have done the following but it hasn't worked: 1....
  4. Some Alt codes not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some Alt codes not working: Hey y'all. I found myself in a weird situation, I cannot for the love of DOS input arrow characters from numpad. I mean like when I type Alt+25 nothing happens at all, but Alt+0160 inserting non–break space or Alt+32 inserting regular space do work normally. It's just...
  5. Alt Codes not working properly

Alt Codes not working properly: Some alt codes seem to have inexplicably (maybe because of a windows update?) stopped working for me on all editors, browsers (including file explorer). I can still view the ones I had used previously and I can copy-paste them. It's not all codes just the first alt (1-32...
  6. Alt codes don't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alt codes don't work: Hello, I have the same issue as this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/alt-codes-not-working/6e095387-5a5c-417a-9a99-566fac32583a Except I followed all of the advice - the mouse setting is off, and I created the registry key....
  7. Codes ALT+NumPad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Codes ALT+NumPad: The part codes ALT+NumPad are not functioning on this PC. When I worked on the other PC all of them were functioning but now I can input just ALT+NumPad codes from 32 to 255...
  8. Some ALT codes not working

Some ALT codes not working: I have Windows Home, on my previous laptop I could use every alt code but on new one I can't use some ALT Codes, for example I can type alt+0151 (—), or alt+0174 (®) but I can't type alt+1( ) or alt+30 ( ), their symbols don't appear. What is a reason for that?...
  9. code 31 error

code 31 error: Hi, I am on windows 10. After a sudden shut down, when I restarted computer I had lost permission for everything. I worked out how to get permission back for Microsoft word and pictures. The problem is I cannot connect a device such as my camera, ipad and touchpad. It comes...
  10. Alt-Tab is working, but other alt combinations not working.

Alt-Tab is working, but other alt combinations not working.: When i try to use left alt+z to open nvidia in game control panel, it doesnt work. It doesn't work for other left alt combinations as well which I can't do using right alt. Only combination that works is alt+tab. That's why i think it's not keyboard issue, otherwise alt-tab...