Windows 10: Alt Codes Altered After Installation of Japanese Keyboard

Discus and support Alt Codes Altered After Installation of Japanese Keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Today I noticed that I was unable to insert Alt keys with a register below 32, and upon further inspection discovered that the registers from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Raistlin97, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Alt Codes Altered After Installation of Japanese Keyboard

Hello,

Today I noticed that I was unable to insert Alt keys with a register below 32, and upon further inspection discovered that the registers from Alt-161 through Alt-223 have been replaced by the half-width Japanese character set punctuation and katakana only. Alt-0161 through Alt-0223 are normal. I am fine with the new upper registers, but find it inconvenient to lose access to the lower symbols, and was wondering how I could resolve this.

This is the case no matter which keyboard is selected; in case it matters, my keyboards are English UK, Japanese, Greek, Chinese Traditional, Taiwan, Chinese Simplified, China, and English US.

Raistlin97

:)

Raistlin97, Jan 9, 2021

2. Japanese Keyboard

Hi Kiyakat,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Let us follow these steps and check if that makes any difference:

Step A: Remove the Language Pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      Language.
    2. Click on Japanese Language and the click on Remove.

Step B: Re-add the Language pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      language.
    2. Click on Add a Language >Select the Language (Japanese).
    3. Once added, click on Options button, and select Add Keyboards to select Japanese keyboard.
    Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 9, 2021
  3. LeanneLC Win User
    I can't add the Japanese romaji keyboard to my computer.

How can I add the Japanese keyboard? I have been trying to add the Japanese romaji keyboard for a few does and failed to do so.

My current situation:

• Japanese Language Pack installed
      • Basic typing error code 0x80070002
      • Handwriting error code 0x80070002
      • Speech error code 0x80070002
      • Keyboards - only Microsoft IME input method editor
    • Control Panel - Clock & Region
      • Shows no keyboard language tab to add a language

LeanneLC, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Kreij Win User

Alt Codes Altered After Installation of Japanese Keyboard

Little Alt Code Utility

It does do that, mlee. All buttons have tooltips with the alt code and a description listed in it.

The masculine ordinal number in Spanish, Italian and Portugese? I'm not even sure what it is for ... lol

Kreij, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Alt Codes Altered After Installation of Japanese Keyboard

1. Alt Codes Altered After Installation of Japanese Keyboard - Similar Threads - Alt Codes Altered

2. Word duplicates alt-code character when using Japanese keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word duplicates alt-code character when using Japanese keyboard layout: Similar to many unresolved questions, When I try to type an ANSII code using alt + numpad, first the character appears after releasing alt—as expected—but then when typing another key, the character appears again instead of what I typed:Intended:fuel...
  3. Word duplicates alt-code character when using Japanese keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word duplicates alt-code character when using Japanese keyboard layout: Similar to many unresolved questions, When I try to type an ANSII code using alt + numpad, first the character appears after releasing alt—as expected—but then when typing another key, the character appears again instead of what I typed:Intended:fuel...
  4. Installed Japanese Keyboard but unable to type in Japanese

Installed Japanese Keyboard but unable to type in Japanese: I've just installed the Japanese keyboard but I'm unable to type in Japanese despite the installation and switching to the keyboard. I've tried using the older version on Microsoft IME, reinstalling the language, restarting my computer after the installation and updating...
  5. Installed Japanese Keyboard but unable to type in Japanese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed Japanese Keyboard but unable to type in Japanese: I've just installed the Japanese keyboard but I'm unable to type in Japanese despite the installation and switching to the keyboard. I've tried using the older version on Microsoft IME, reinstalling the language, restarting my computer after the installation and updating...
  6. Japanese keyboard installation error

Japanese keyboard installation error: Hi,I tried to download a Japanese keyboard but I stopped it while it was installing due to concerns. However once I found out that there was no problem I decided to reinstall it. But this must have caused it to break as even though it says I've installed it I cannot use it....
  7. Japanese keyboard installation error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese keyboard installation error: Hi,I tried to download a Japanese keyboard but I stopped it while it was installing due to concerns. However once I found out that there was no problem I decided to reinstall it. But this must have caused it to break as even though it says I've installed it I cannot use it....
  8. Japanese keyboard

Japanese keyboard: I recently purchased a new Microsoft Surface Pro 9 and am using Windows 11. I tried to download the Japanese language pack so that I would be able to type in Japanese. I was able to install the Japanese language package, however, I cannot download the 'basic typing.' I would...
  9. Japanese Keyboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Japanese Keyboard: Dear Sir/Madam, I have the language pack installed for Japanese, however when I installed the Japanese keyboard, it informs that it's searching for the language pack, and never finds it. As consequence, I can't select between hiragana and katakana. How to solve this...
  10. Japanese Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese Keyboard: After getting Windows 10, I was unable to be able to use kanji. I was able to figure out a trick to get it to switch to hiragana (you have to right click on the A, and then double left click the already selected romaji option so the A shows up on your screen, then you can...