Windows 10: Alt codes not typing accented letters?

Discus and support Alt codes not typing accented letters? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't know if this is the right subreddit or not. If it's not, let me know. I've been using alt codes to type french accents for some time now. Today... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Craftycorecreep, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Alt codes not typing accented letters?

I don't know if this is the right subreddit or not. If it's not, let me know. I've been using alt codes to type french accents for some time now. Today when I tried to type é with the code 0233, it instead typed ♥. This happened for the other letters too. Please help anyone?

submitted by /u/Craftycorecreep
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Craftycorecreep, Jun 25, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Typing Spanish letter

Hi Raju.123, to type the Spanish accents, you need to use Alt codes on your Keyboard

For Example tilda N - Ñ is ALT + 165, then release the Alt key

A full list of the accent codes can be found here:

http://www.spanishnewyork.com/spanish-character...

DaveM121, Jun 25, 2020
  3. rogmartx Win User
    Typing letters with accents

How can I type letters with accents and upside down ? and ! for Spanish? Can't find how anywhere.

rogmartx, Jun 25, 2020
  4. rogmartx Win User

Alt codes not typing accented letters?

Typing letters with accents

Wonder where you could get an addin that would allow you to easily type those characters. They are available in the soft keyboard but it is slow and tedious to type that way. Palm OS is much better - just type the character and the alt key and get an contextual
    choice of accents or upside down ¿ or ¡

rogmartx, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Alt codes not typing accented letters?

1. Alt codes not typing accented letters? - Similar Threads - Alt codes typing

2. Unnecessarily typing grave accent in between letters while typing.. How can fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unnecessarily typing grave accent in between letters while typing.. How can fix it: How can i fix the problem that unwanted grave accents are typing.. In between letters, unnecessarily coming gave accent. How can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unnecessarily-typing-grave-accent-in-between/0355c7e3-c779-40e4-bbbe-31853a567201
  3. Unnecessarily typing grave accent in between letters while typing.. How can fix it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unnecessarily typing grave accent in between letters while typing.. How can fix it: How can i fix the problem that unwanted grave accents are typing.. In between letters, unnecessarily coming gave accent. How can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unnecessarily-typing-grave-accent-in-between/0355c7e3-c779-40e4-bbbe-31853a567201
  4. Accented letters on web browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accented letters on web browser: I am having trouble typing accented letters in a web browser, but outside of one like in the windows search bar I can type accented letter just fine. I use google chrome mainly, and I've tried to look through the settings but have yet to find anything....
  5. Accented letters on web browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accented letters on web browser: I am having trouble typing accented letters in a web browser, but outside of one like in the windows search bar I can type accented letter just fine. I use google chrome mainly, and I've tried to look through the settings but have yet to find anything....
  6. How Do I Type Letters With Accent Marks?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Type Letters With Accent Marks?: I have a laptop that doesn't have a touch screen. I want to type letters that have accent marks. For instance, I want to be able to type the letter e with an ' on top of the letter. I was told that I can use the shortcut {Windows Key -> . period and it will bring up they...
  7. Fixing typing greek letters alt code without copying

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fixing typing greek letters alt code without copying: I'm searching hours to just find how to write greek letters with the alt codes but I get completly different letters. (instead of omega i get Û) How do I get a fix? submitted by /u/GamingSB [link] [comments]...
  8. Letter a with acute accent missing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Letter a with acute accent missing.: I have a Thinkpad 540p laptop with Win 10 ver 2004, 64 bit, a UK qwerty keyboard with UK English as the main language and Spanish Espaol as an additional language. Both languages are set to use the UK qwerty keyboard. Acute-accented vowels are normally produced using AltGr...
  9. How to use accented letters

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to use accented letters: Hi, I have an Irish name which has fadas (basicalling accents over some vowels). I used to be able to write this fine when I lived in Ireland by pressing the Alt-Gr key on my keyboard but can't do it here in Australia - my laptop has no Alt-Gr key and presumably using the Aus...
  10. Type letters with Spanish accents using laptop without number pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Type letters with Spanish accents using laptop without number pad: Using Windows 10 and an HP Pavilion laptop. On my old PC was used to using the ALT key + numbers to type Spanish letters (such as ALT _ 161 for the i with accent). Using this laptop, cannot figure out how to type them. I have installed a Spanish keyboard and tried using the...