Windows 10: ALT + codes stopped to work suddenly

Discus and support ALT + codes stopped to work suddenly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, When I try to type a vocal with accent like 'á','é', 'í','ó' or ú it shows the replacement character instead of the vocal with accent. I am on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnthonyPlaymith, May 31, 2020.

1. ALT + codes stopped to work suddenly

Hi,

When I try to type a vocal with accent like 'á','é', 'í','ó' or ú it shows the replacement character instead of the vocal with accent.

I am on windows 10, It seems to be a known issue <https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ais05n/alt_codes_not_working/> but I did not find the resolution for this.

I will provide some information about what I've tried to do in order to resolve it. Please read it carefully before asking me to do something that is already mentioned:

1- I tried to do the solution 1, 2 and 3 of this foro <https://www.minitool.com/news/alt-codes-not-working-on-windows-10.html> I tried the number 4 and it works but this is a workaround and not a solution. it's kinda boring to be copying and pasting the characters.

2- I checked the windows updates and my computer is in the latest.

3- I worked before. Suddenly It stopped to work without any reason.

4- The strange thing is that It works on Edge but not in other Applications or browsers like Notepad++, Notepad, Chrome, Word, Netbeans, Visual Studio Code and others.....

5-The language for the display name for windows is 'Spanish spain' and in 'preferred languages' there is only the 'englishUnited states' set.

6-I read in some posts that It could be a third application, so can I know which application could be? How can I troubleshoot this?

I will attach a screenshot with the applications that I have.

ALT + codes stopped to work suddenly bd90572e-2c5f-48de-a9f0-deaeeb7ae39b?upload=true.png

I'd like to highlight the point 3 since I did not do any change, installation or update before It stopped to work.

Please help me since I am frustrated trying to resolve it.

I look forward your response.

Anthony Playmith.

:)

AnthonyPlaymith, May 31, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows 10 "Left Alt + Shift" language input switch suddenly stop working. It used to work before.

Hi Jida,

There are a few reasons why "Left Alt + Shift" is suddenly stopped working on your computer. Since you mentioned that you already tried some troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you create a
    Test Profile. From there, check if the issue occurs.

To create a user profile, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings. Click Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select the Add someone else to this PC tab.
    • Name the user as Test.
    • Leave the password field blank.
    • Hit Next.
    • Sign in as Test user.
    Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, May 31, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Little Alt Code Utility

It does do that, mlee. All buttons have tooltips with the alt code and a description listed in it.

The masculine ordinal number in Spanish, Italian and Portugese? I'm not even sure what it is for ... lol

Kreij, May 31, 2020
  4. ALT + codes stopped to work suddenly

No Alt codes working

I've found that no alt codes appear to be working using either left or right alt keys. I tried a few things suggested by an answer to a similar question ( ALT Codes Not Working
    ) which has made absolutely no difference.

Other than Alt codes the alt buttons both work normally, likewise with the numpad.

airfixalex, May 31, 2020
Thema:

ALT + codes stopped to work suddenly

1. ALT + codes stopped to work suddenly - Similar Threads - ALT codes stopped

2. Alt codes not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt codes not working: I have a Microsoft surface go 2 running on windows 11, and I bought the Microsoft number pad to be able to use alt codes for accented letters. I have tried everything and I cannot figure out how to get them to work. Only alt+1 through alt+9 are working. I have tried fixing it...
  3. Alt codes not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt codes not working: I have a Microsoft surface go 2 running on windows 11, and I bought the Microsoft number pad to be able to use alt codes for accented letters. I have tried everything and I cannot figure out how to get them to work. Only alt+1 through alt+9 are working. I have tried fixing it...
  4. Windows 11 - Alt + Numpad codes stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Alt + Numpad codes stopped working: Alt + Numpad codes stopped working today.I have followed all sugested soluions i coud find online, none works.During the day it was working, in the evening it was not working.Have no idea of what might have cause it and have no idea how to solve it.The only application i had...
  5. Windows 11 - Alt + Numpad codes stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Alt + Numpad codes stopped working: Alt + Numpad codes stopped working today.I have followed all sugested soluions i coud find online, none works.During the day it was working, in the evening it was not working.Have no idea of what might have cause it and have no idea how to solve it.The only application i had...
  6. My alt codes have suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My alt codes have suddenly stopped working: This just happened for no apparent reason. They were all working fine earlier today, but now no luck. Previously, [alt + 0225] would give me an accented 'a'. [alt + 0228] would give an 'a' with an umlaut. Now, they give me '♣' and '◘', which, respectively, should be the...
  7. Alt Codes(?) not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt Codes(?) not working: Hi! So whenever my friends use alt+1 on their numpad they get the smiley face and alt+3 does the heart, etc. Basically, my keyboard doesn’t do that and I don’t know why. I can do combinations like alt+0233 to get “é” but I can’t get the symbols. I tried doing this with my...
  8. Alt-Prntscrn stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alt-Prntscrn stopped working: After updating windows, my Alt-prntscrn stopped working. Win-prntscrn still works, and prntscrn still works, but I need to take a screenshot of the active window/monitor, not all the windows, and I need it to save automatically to a folder, without the need to paste it into a...
  9. Alt codes not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt codes not working: Hi. I had been using alt codes to make letters with diacritic marksfor years, but they suddenly stopped working about a month ago e.g. á - this one is copied and pasted from the Character map; the alt code is Alt+0225. Now they only work for single digits - if I type...
  10. Alt Codes not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt Codes not working: I try to do alt code, they dont work. Even after I go to regedit and make a new string thing... HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-codes-not-working/83e337dd-5f17-48fa-9d26-892c1d8eea36