Windows 10: alt, F4 and Esc keys are disabled after windows 10 installation

Discus and support alt, F4 and Esc keys are disabled after windows 10 installation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi every one I have recently installed windows 10. My laptop's alt, Esc and F4 keys stopped working. I had have the same issue last year but it solved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Amirhosseinkbaghery, Dec 1, 2018.

1. alt, F4 and Esc keys are disabled after windows 10 installation

Hi every one

I have recently installed windows 10. My laptop's alt, Esc and F4 keys stopped working. I had have the same issue last year but it solved by itself. Honestly I forget what I did last year to solve this problem. I had googled the problem and searched lots of forums and websites but most of users had this problem because their F4 key is combination of Fn and F4. In my case my F4 is not Combined by Fn keys.

i would be thankful if any one can help me.

P.S.: I had updated all of my drivers and issue is not solved yet.

System Info:

Lenovo Z580

Win 10 Build version 1809

alt, F4 and Esc keys are disabled after windows 10 installation 9091c6e7-7bb2-48f1-9afb-667129f2f607?upload=true.jpg

:)

Amirhosseinkbaghery, Dec 1, 2018
  2. MikeBuzga Win User

Ctrl F4 & Alt F4 not functioning as Volume keys in Surface Pro 4, Windows 10

My Ctrl F4 & Alt F4 key aren't working. It appears the Ctrl and Alt Keys are not changing the function of the F4 & F5 (Volume on/off). How do I reset or turn the Ctrl and Alt functions back on?

Working on A Surface Pro 4, Win 10

MikeBuzga, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Ctrl-Esc... Minimize Gaming Window - Win7

ctrl+esc = Win/meta/super

it's been around forever. back then my keyboard doesn't even have a Win key.

there's also alt+esc, it's like alt+tab, but without the box switch, jumps directly to windows.

pr0n Inspector, Dec 1, 2018
  4. MikeBuzga Win User

alt, F4 and Esc keys are disabled after windows 10 installation

Ctrl F4 & Alt F4 not functioning as Volume keys in Surface Pro 4, Windows 10

Joy, thanks for the reply. I'm using a Microsoft Surface Pro 4. I ran the Troubleshoot program and it detected an issue. But after restarting the PC, the same issue happens. Its not a "sticky" key.

I noticed if I hit the FN plus either the Ctrl or Alt and F4 keys the function (either shut down a window or close the program works. But just the Ctrl or Alt key and F4 toggles back and forth with the Volume setting.

I believe this started after an automatic System update the other day. Could it be something that was downloaded during an update that disabled the Ctrl & Alt keys with the F4 key? Or something else. I'd like to have this shortcut back because I don't
    use a mouse and these are often used key strokes.

MikeBuzga, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

alt, F4 and Esc keys are disabled after windows 10 installation

1. alt, F4 and Esc keys are disabled after windows 10 installation - Similar Threads - alt Esc keys

2. My Esc, F4 and F11 keys are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Esc, F4 and F11 keys are not working: from some days my Esc, F4 and F11 keys are not working. What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-esc-f4-and-f11-keys-are-not-working/f4f09b2d-2dfb-4a5a-aee9-2cef9aa0ae91
  3. My Esc, F4 and F11 keys are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Esc, F4 and F11 keys are not working: from some days my Esc, F4 and F11 keys are not working. What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-esc-f4-and-f11-keys-are-not-working/f4f09b2d-2dfb-4a5a-aee9-2cef9aa0ae91
  4. how to change alt+fn+f4 to alt+f4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change alt+fn+f4 to alt+f4: i want to change alt+fn+f4 to alt+f4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-altfnf4-to-altf4/2d129716-bd1c-4dea-9dcd-9d312246cdff
  5. how to change alt+fn+f4 to alt+f4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change alt+fn+f4 to alt+f4: i want to change alt+fn+f4 to alt+f4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-altfnf4-to-altf4/2d129716-bd1c-4dea-9dcd-9d312246cdff
  6. how to change alt+fn+f4 to alt+f4

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Alt + F4 / Fn + Alt + F4 Tips

Alt + F4 / Fn + Alt + F4 Tips: You may know Alt + F4 / Fn + Alt + F4 can close windows but when you do to the desktop Window Key + D Alt + F4 / Fn + Alt + F4 can also used to Shut Down/Restart/Switch Users/Sleep the computer....
  8. Disable Alt+4 shortcut (not f4)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable Alt+4 shortcut (not f4): Currently alt+4 is an alternative for alt+tab. How can I change or disable this specific shortcut? submitted by /u/SayAgainYourLast [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k55jal/disable_alt4_shortcut_not_f4/
  9. alt+F4 is not working in windows 10. it works only if press Alt+function key(fn)+F4. is it...

alt+F4 is not working in windows 10. it works only if press Alt+function key(fn)+F4. is it...: alt+F4 is not working in windows 10. it works only if press Alt+function key(fn)+F4. is it because of any issue of my os installation or is it how it works in windows 10...
  10. Remapping "Windows Key + W" To "Alt + F4"?

Remapping "Windows Key + W" To "Alt + F4"?: I like using Alt + F4 to close windows, but it's hard to hit. Could I change it to something else? If so, could I use Windows Key + W? Is it used for anything else in windows? 12129

Users found this page by searching for:

1. alt key disabled

2. f4 key not working