Windows 10: Alt F4 does not close a window

Discus and support Alt F4 does not close a window in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just unpacked my brand new Microsoft surface pro today and find that I cannot close a window using alt F4. I find this very irritating... Brand new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EdwinBoender, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Alt F4 does not close a window

I just unpacked my brand new Microsoft surface pro today and find that I cannot close a window using alt F4. I find this very irritating... Brand new ms machine and the kbd driver doesn't work properly???

:)

EdwinBoender, Sep 21, 2018

2. Issue related to (Alt + F4) functionality in windows 10

(Alt + F4) functionality in previous Windows operating system versions was to close the current window.However, in
    Windows 10, the current windows does not close when clicked on
    (Alt + F4)
    and keyboard button and mouse click stops working.

Amit_Pal_74, Sep 21, 2018
  3. sull0401 Win User
    alt f4 not working in windows 10

My problem is the newest Microsoft scammers have a new screen lock that prevents alt f4 from working. I got one and I needed to restart the computer and disconnect from the internet to crash the page in order to close it.

sull0401, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Alt F4 does not close a window

Alt + F4 stopped working

After upgrading to Windows 10 from 8 the Alt + f4 to close applications stopped working and the speaker mute key also stopped working. I am working with a friend who is blind and she uses only keystrokes. She has a Toshiba C55-A5302 laptop. Thanks.

MarioCodispoti, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Alt F4 does not close a window

1. Alt F4 does not close a window - Similar Threads - Alt does close

2. Why is ALT+F4 closing my background apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is ALT+F4 closing my background apps?: As the title says. After I updated my Windows 11 to the latest version, pressing ALT+F4 is now closing my background apps instead of the active app in front of my screen. Here's a video example....
  3. how to change alt+fn+f4 to alt+f4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change alt+fn+f4 to alt+f4: i want to change alt+fn+f4 to alt+f4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-altfnf4-to-altf4/2d129716-bd1c-4dea-9dcd-9d312246cdff
  4. how to change alt+fn+f4 to alt+f4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change alt+fn+f4 to alt+f4: i want to change alt+fn+f4 to alt+f4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-altfnf4-to-altf4/2d129716-bd1c-4dea-9dcd-9d312246cdff
  5. how to change alt+fn+f4 to alt+f4

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Alt + F4 / Fn + Alt + F4 Tips

Alt + F4 / Fn + Alt + F4 Tips: You may know Alt + F4 / Fn + Alt + F4 can close windows but when you do to the desktop Window Key + D Alt + F4 / Fn + Alt + F4 can also used to Shut Down/Restart/Switch Users/Sleep the computer....
  7. ALT+F4 does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ALT+F4 does not work: In terms of interrupts ALT+F4 is insignificant. It does not override some applications. In the community every entry I find about it is treated as if the OP is the first in the world that has this problem, and asked to run through all hoops up to inc;luding uploading...
  8. Alt-F4 change back to close window

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt-F4 change back to close window: Idk what happened to alt-f4 that it changed to shut down/change user menu, but I want it back as close window. I dont want to use AHK just for 1 hotkey, and afaik win10 does not have a way to change/edit windows hotkeys without editing the registry. So, what can i do to edit...
  9. Change Alt-F4 back to close window win10

Change Alt-F4 back to close window win10: recent update change the default function of using alt-f4, I'd like to change it back to having it close the current window. I've tried searching every and keep getting pushed into using a 3rd party program to change the default hotkeys. Is there a way to edit the default...
  10. Alt-F4 to close Windows? --> Switch User

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Alt-F4 to close Windows? --> Switch User: I was used to turn off my computer by pressing Alt-F4 a few times. It would end with a window opening that had as default 'Shut down'. Not any more. Now I get 'Switch user' as default. And choosing 'Shut down' will not give me that wanted and expected choice the next time. I...