Windows 10: ALT+F4 does not work

Discus and support ALT+F4 does not work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In terms of interrupts ALT+F4 is insignificant. It does not override some applications. In the community every entry I find about it is treated as if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Leo1958_Holland, Oct 16, 2020.

1. ALT+F4 does not work

In terms of interrupts ALT+F4 is insignificant. It does not override some applications.

In the community every entry I find about it is treated as if the OP is the first in the world that has this problem, and asked to run through all hoops up to inc;luding uploading drivers, boot in single mode yadayada.

Some google queries on this subject have a 'me too' count of over a million.

I know you are volunteers that try to help out. But I also know there are comunity managers that are empolyees.

This post is a plea to get it through 'upstairs' that the world is waiting for a better answer.

Me? No. I'm not going to play ball, and will continue going via taskmanager or cmd window and kill the offending app in an effective way. I needed to get this off my chest, that's all

:)

Leo1958_Holland, Oct 16, 2020
  2. adarshvr Win User

Alt f4 not working

Can't use "alt+f4" shortcut.

When i enter alt+f4, the pop up box says "The item KHATRA.exe that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly"

adarshvr, Oct 16, 2020
  3. sahood. Win User
    alt f4 not working in windows 10

Its a common Problem. Please press ALT+Fn button together then F4 it will work.

sahood., Oct 16, 2020
  4. ALT+F4 does not work

Alt + F4 stopped working

After upgrading to Windows 10 from 8 the Alt + f4 to close applications stopped working and the speaker mute key also stopped working. I am working with a friend who is blind and she uses only keystrokes. She has a Toshiba C55-A5302 laptop. Thanks.

MarioCodispoti, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

ALT+F4 does not work

1. ALT+F4 does not work - Similar Threads - ALT+F4 does

2. How can I switch or swap my left and right Alt keys functions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I switch or swap my left and right Alt keys functions.: Hi there. I want to switch or swap my left and right Alt keys functions. Screen orientation is Right Alt key plus Arrows and to go back or forward is Left Alt key plus arrows. I want my Right Alt key to help me navigate the pages and Left Alt key for screen orientation. How...
  3. Why does it close the window when im pressing w after ctrl as i pressed F4+Alt? How can i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does it close the window when im pressing w after ctrl as i pressed F4+Alt? How can i...: I was playing a browser game and it said:"Press ctrl to crouch", i wanted to crouch and walk forward and the Window just closed. Can Somebody help me?...
  4. Why does it close the window when im pressing w after ctrl as i pressed F4+Alt? How can i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does it close the window when im pressing w after ctrl as i pressed F4+Alt? How can i...: I was playing a browser game and it said:"Press ctrl to crouch", i wanted to crouch and walk forward and the Window just closed. Can Somebody help me?...
  5. Why does Windows 10 no longer restart after selecting Restart or Alt+F4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 10 no longer restart after selecting Restart or Alt+F4: Why does Windows 10 no longer restart after selecting Restart or Alt+F4. It closes down but then hangs, so I have to press the restart button on the PC to get it to reboot. This started months ago and has been a pain ever since. I have all the latest Windows 10 updates...
  6. Why does Windows 10 no longer restart after selecting Restart or Alt+F4

Why does Windows 10 no longer restart after selecting Restart or Alt+F4: Why does Windows 10 no longer restart after selecting Restart or Alt+F4. It closes down but then hangs, so I have to press the restart button on the PC to get it to reboot. This started months ago and has been a pain ever since. I have all the latest Windows 10 updates...
  7. Why does Windows 10 no longer restart after selecting Restart or Alt+F4

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does Windows 10 no longer restart after selecting Restart or Alt+F4: Why does Windows 10 no longer restart after selecting Restart or Alt+F4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-10-no-longer-restart-after/00d88138-835e-4db0-a065-85633df6c540
  8. Why does films and tv trimming alt f4 itself if you drag the right pan and for some reason...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does films and tv trimming alt f4 itself if you drag the right pan and for some reason...: Please answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-films-and-tv-trimming-alt-f4-itself-if/9bce89f9-21af-4244-9e9c-198385a6c373
  9. Why does films and tv trimming alt f4 itself if you drag the right pan and for some reason...

Why does films and tv trimming alt f4 itself if you drag the right pan and for some reason...: Please answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-films-and-tv-trimming-alt-f4-itself-if/9bce89f9-21af-4244-9e9c-198385a6c373
  10. Alt F4 does not close a window

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alt F4 does not close a window: I just unpacked my brand new Microsoft surface pro today and find that I cannot close a window using alt F4. I find this very irritating... Brand new ms machine and the kbd driver doesn't work properly???...