Windows 10: ALT Key being sticky though Sticky settings all off. Menu keeps being highlighted

Discus and support ALT Key being sticky though Sticky settings all off. Menu keeps being highlighted in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I thought this problem had gone away, it turned off finally for brief period so I thought I was just be being paranoid. But it's back and it's very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by foggyday10, May 14, 2021.

1. ALT Key being sticky though Sticky settings all off. Menu keeps being highlighted

I thought this problem had gone away, it turned off finally for brief period so I thought I was just be being paranoid. But it's back and it's very very troublesome when I try to do work that involves said key. ALT on both side, toggles on and off like cap lock. Needs to be pressed twice.Example if I am in a window explorer, the menu would be highlighted and underlined until I press it again.Things I have already tried:-Another keyboard-Making sure everything is up to date Windows 10-Holding ctrl shift alt both sides to reset keyboard.-Make sure my keyboard drives/firmwares are up to date akk

:)

foggyday10, May 14, 2021

2. I want the alt key to be unsticky. I have sticky keys turned off. Alt key is sticky.

I want the alt key to be unsticky. I have sticky keys turned off. Alt key is sticky.

Ctrl and shift keys are working fine - not sticky. Alt key is sticky on Photoshop and Internet Explorer menus. However, it doesn't register as sticking in the on-screen keyboard.

Windows 10

Apple keyboard, corded.

I tried everything on this site: registry edit, reloading drivers, windows sticky key settings, windows updates, malware scan, etc.

How to turn off Sticky Keys in Windows 10 [Complete Guide]

Nothing worked.

Anthonygoes, May 14, 2021
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    sticky keys

Hi,

Sticky keys dialog box appears when you have press the Shift key five times continuously. It also lets you use the Shift, Ctrl, ALT, or Windows Logo keys by pressing one key at a time. You can set up Sticky Keys from the Ease of Access Center on the Control
    Panel. Follow the steps below:

• Press the Shift key five times.
    • Once the dialog box appear, click the Go to the Ease of Access Center to disable keyboard shortcut link.
    • It will open the Set up Sticky Notes window in the Control Panel.
    • Uncheck Turn on Sticky Keys when SHIFT is pressed five times option.
    • You can also set the settings to your desired option.

After doing so, check if the same pop-up will appear while playing the game.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, May 14, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

ALT Key being sticky though Sticky settings all off. Menu keeps being highlighted

sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, May 14, 2021
Thema:

ALT Key being sticky though Sticky settings all off. Menu keeps being highlighted

1. ALT Key being sticky though Sticky settings all off. Menu keeps being highlighted - Similar Threads - ALT Key being

2. Sticky Keys turning on when gaming. Already turned off all functionality for Sticky Keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Keys turning on when gaming. Already turned off all functionality for Sticky Keys.: Hello, I've been having this issue persistently. This was an issue when I upgraded to Windows 11, and still persists after switching back to Windows 10. Currently, I am on Windows 10- I prefer it. ----------For both OS's, I did these: 1: Changed the sticky keys settings in...
  3. Sticky Keys turning on when gaming. Already turned off all functionality for Sticky Keys.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Keys turning on when gaming. Already turned off all functionality for Sticky Keys.: Hello, I've been having this issue persistently. This was an issue when I upgraded to Windows 11, and still persists after switching back to Windows 10. Currently, I am on Windows 10- I prefer it. ----------For both OS's, I did these: 1: Changed the sticky keys settings in...
  4. Sticky notes being flagged as junk email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky notes being flagged as junk email: HiI was writing a sticky note on Win11 desktop, when it closed and vanished from the application's list. I checked Outlook online and saw the notes, but it was not there. I then noticed I had a new junk email, and it was the note.So I started again, and the note vanished into...
  5. Sticky notes being flagged as junk email

Sticky notes being flagged as junk email: HiI was writing a sticky note on Win11 desktop, when it closed and vanished from the application's list. I checked Outlook online and saw the notes, but it was not there. I then noticed I had a new junk email, and it was the note.So I started again, and the note vanished into...
  6. sticky keys?

sticky keys?: how do I turn off sticky keys please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-keys/a1b26d8a-836d-4cfd-852d-54af032b963f
  7. Sticky Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Keys: I spilled apple juice on my laptop, and it went underneath the spacebar, so now when I press it, it is sticky. What do I do? Where do I bring my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-keys/2520ec5f-09dc-4e4a-8a7a-ea63b12d518d
  8. sticky key

sticky key: hello when i turn on sticky keys it turns off why and whats the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-key/5bbe7aa9-6874-438a-856d-2d4a7afad5fa
  9. STICKY KEY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    STICKY KEY: PRESENTLY, I AM HAVING WINDOWS 10 21H1 VERSION. HERE STICKY IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY WHILE COPYING A SPECIFIC WORD, DATA, OR SELECT ALL . I WANT TO TRY WINDOWS 11 WHETHER THERE IS ANY IMPROVEMENT AS CLAIMED BY MICROSOFTMY LAPTOP DELL INSPIRON 5570 8TH GENERATION , 8GB RAM ,...
  10. Sticky keys?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky keys?: Hi there, i have recently started having issues with my pc, first it'll start by adding dashes every so often in my sentences. So for example: i n-eed- help---------------ple-ase then some of the time my keys will stop working, so if i try to click w then it won't go and...