Windows 10: ALT key continuously held windows 11

Discus and support ALT key continuously held windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My computer has worked fine for a couple of weeks now, but all of a sudden, it just started holding ALT no matter what i do. Even with the ON-Screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BraydenMcCallister, May 19, 2022.

1. ALT key continuously held windows 11

My computer has worked fine for a couple of weeks now, but all of a sudden, it just started holding ALT no matter what i do. Even with the ON-Screen Keyboard, nothing works. I’ve done a power cycle with everything unplugged, and same issue. Everything works for like the first 45 seconds after a restart, but then nothing works.

:)

BraydenMcCallister, May 19, 2022

2. ALT Key is Virtually Held Down

So about a week ago, I noticed that my keyboard started acting strange. For the record, I'm using a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate keyboard, but that doesn't matter because this happens on all keyboards that i've tried. The problem is, whenever I press the Windows
    key and the Alt key, my Alt key becomes 'virtually' stuck. This means i can't input any text, the computer essentially thinks i'm holding down the Alt key.

• I know it's not a sticky key because I tried this on different keyboards.
    • I know it's the Alt key because I looked up the Alt key shortcuts for Microsoft Edge and they all match (For example, pressing the D key highlights the address bar), and double clicking on Desktop shortcuts will open their properties.
    • It's not Sticky Keys or any of those settings on Windows because, you know, that's the first thing i checked...
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the Keyboard Drivers didn't help.
    • Virus scans showed everything was fine.
    • I've checked everywhere online for solutions and there doesn't seem to be anyone with a solution (or even my exact problem).
    The weirdest part is the solution: I have to open the on-screen keyboard, click on the Windows key twice, then logout with Win + L and log back in and everything is back to normal (for now). Another solution that worked for a little while was uninstalling
    Razer SDK Core Components, but then even without Razer software, this problem would occur. This wouldn't just occur when i pressed Win + Alt however, it would still happen after a random amount of time and i would have to do that on-screen keyboard method
    to fix it. It would even happen while starting up my computer, preventing me from inputting my password, and it even occurred when i was trying to reinstall windows.

I just factory reset my whole computer and lo and behold, this problem is still here. I'm about to lose my mind at this point. What on Earth could POSSIBLY be causing this to happen. If it's a problem with my motherboard or something, how can I even check/fix
    that. If formatting my HDD and SSD and reinstalling Windows didn't work, then what is the problem.

TLALT key continuously held windows 11 :DR - Pressing Windows Key and Alt simultaneously causes my Alt key to be held down virtually.

o T Slice o, May 19, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 19, 2022
  4. ALT key continuously held windows 11

Control key held down

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

Before we proceed, please answer the following questions to help you better.

• Does this issue occur only while using the Microsoft Office Suite?
    • What is the exact error message that you get?

Check if the Sticky Keys and Toggle keys are turned on. If yes, I suggest you to turn it off. To do so, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I and click on Ease of Access.
    • Click on Keyboard tab.
    • Turn off Sticky Keys and Toggle keys.
    • Check if the issue persist.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, May 19, 2022
Thema:

ALT key continuously held windows 11

1. ALT key continuously held windows 11 - Similar Threads - ALT key continuously

2. Ctrl key being held continuously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl key being held continuously: Ctrl key on my key board is held continuously and if I press ctrl key once it is unlocking for 2 sec and getting into locked position again. I'm unable to work with that turned off sticky keys, toggle keys etc and cleaned my ctrl key slot....
  3. Ctrl key being held continuously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl key being held continuously: Ctrl key on my key board is held continuously and if I press ctrl key once it is unlocking for 2 sec and getting into locked position again. I'm unable to work with that turned off sticky keys, toggle keys etc and cleaned my ctrl key slot....
  4. Problem With Alt Key on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem With Alt Key on Windows 11: There is an issue with my both my alt keys on my laptop. Commands such as Alt+F4, Alt+Tab and others don't work even if I try restarting my laptop. To confirm, I've went into keyboardtester.co and the program could not detect me typing Alt. I've tried turning off filter and...
  5. Problem with Alt Key in windows 11.

Problem with Alt Key in windows 11.: There is a problem with the Alt key on my laptop. The Alt+F4 shortcut did not work for me when I tried to shutdown my laptop. For conforming, I also tried another shortcut key with Alt Key, but it didn't work. Earlier today, I noticed my Alt Key wasn't working. Having issues...
  6. ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held: Hello have been going through every single thread about this without a solution. Basicly a couple times a day since three months back the ALT or CTRL key gets automatically pressed on my laptop, I can see when I click on on screen keyboard that both the CTRL keys are pressed...
  7. ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held

ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held: Hello have been going through every single thread about this without a solution. Basicly a couple times a day since three months back the ALT or CTRL key gets automatically pressed on my laptop, I can see when I click on on screen keyboard that both the CTRL keys are pressed...
  8. ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. ALT key continuously held windows 11

ALT key continuously held windows 11: My computer has worked fine for a couple of weeks now, but all of a sudden, it just started holding ALT no matter what i do. Even with the ON-Screen Keyboard, nothing works. I’ve done a power cycle with everything unplugged, and same issue. Everything works for like the first...
  10. ALT Key is Virtually Held Down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ALT Key is Virtually Held Down: So about a week ago, I noticed that my keyboard started acting strange. For the record, I'm using a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate keyboard, but that doesn't matter because this happens on all keyboards that i've tried. The problem is, whenever I press the Windows key and the Alt...